Thermal Burn Injury
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Distinguished as a New York Super Lawyer and American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year, and His Elite Team of Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Fight to Obtain the Best Result for Thermal Burn Victims in Buffalo, New York.
A thermal burn is an injury to the skin that is caused by contact with an external heat source. Touching extremely hot matters, such as fires, ovens, boiling water, steam, metals, and scalding oils can all cause brutal thermal burns. Thermal burns are extremely common, and children are particularly at risk. Each year, approximately 500,000 victims suffer thermal burns throughout the United States. This type of burn injury can damage all layers of the skin as well as underneath tissues, nerves, muscles, and bones. The severity of the damage caused by a thermal burn generally depends on the temperature of the heat source, the area of the body exposed, and the duration of contact.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s seasoned team possesses the expertise and proficiency necessary to thoroughly investigate your thermal burn injury and make certain that you are in a position to obtain the highest possible recovery for all damages. No one should be forced to suffer physically, mentally, or emotionally because of another’s carelessness or negligence. Jed Dietrich, Esq., a recognized member of the Premier Lawyers of America, understands the anguish that burn victims are often forced to endure. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s compassionate team of burn injury attorneys has seen the devastating impact that tragic burns suffered by victims can have on them, and ultimately their loved ones. Pursuing a personal injury claim against those responsible for your thermal burn injury may be the only way to start rebuilding everything that you lost.
Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq., a proud member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, has exclusively handled serious personal injury cases. Jed Dietrich, Esq. has battled to obtain over $175 million in verdicts and settlements for victims who were injured in Buffalo, New York; Rochester, New York; Niagara Falls, New York; throughout New York State and beyond. Our honorable commitment to exceeding your expectations and delivering an exceptional outcome is what sets us apart from the competition. After being severely burned, it is vital to make recovering your number one priority, and our veteran team is here to help with everything else. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C., recognized as a Best Law Firm of America, offers complimentary lawsuit evaluations and consultations. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of battle-tested personal injury lawyers would be honored to speak with you about your thermal burn injury claim. Our exceptional team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at 716-839-3939, or by filling out the online consultation form. We are the aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers who are ready to fight for the compensation that you deserve!Crucial Measures To Take After Suffering A Thermal Burn
After you, or a loved one, suffer a thermal burn, we highly recommend following the below steps to protect your health and well-being as well as strengthen your potential personal injury lawsuit:
- Provide First Aid: After being burned, get far away from the heat source that caused the burn, and cover the burn with a cool, clean dressing. Watch out for symptoms of shock, such as dizziness, shallow breathing, fainting, and pale skin. If an ambulance is needed, call 911 immediately and wait for help to arrive.
- Assess the Severity of the Burn: The extent of bodily damage caused by a burn can fluctuate depending on the severity of the burn. First-degree burns are the least harmful, while third-degree burns are the most detrimental. Proper burn treatment can be determined by the degree of burn.
- Document the Burn Injury: It is important to take photos of your burn and keep a journal to document your pain. If possible, we recommend taking pictures and video immediately following the incident and while it is healing. This will provide defense lawyers and insurance adjusters with a better sense of the pain and trauma your burn caused.
- Seek Emergency Medical Treatment: Burns that damage beyond the outer layer of the skin should be treated by a medical professional. If you are unsure about the severity of your burn, it never hurts to err on the side of caution and see a doctor. Burns often take weeks or even months to heal completely and are prone to infections. Doctors can ensure that all issues are treated accordingly and no unnecessary complications arise. Additionally, hospital records can help strengthen your claim by connecting your burn injury to the incident. If you delay medical treatment, the defense may argue that your burns were not severe, or there is no evidence that the accident caused your thermal burn.
- Contact Jed Dietrich, Esq.: Personal injury claims involving thermal burns can be very complicated. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of battle-tested burn injury lawyers can investigate the specific circumstances regarding your injury and identify all the potential parties who negligently or intentionally contributed to your burn. Retaining the best of the best at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. will level the playing field and significantly increase the value of your case.
DID YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SUFFER SEVERE THERMAL BURNS IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER, OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK THERMAL BURN INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU DESERVE!
Every thermal burn injury claim is unique and must be evaluated on its own merits. Damages for burn injuries depend on the facts surrounding the accident as wells as the severity of your injury. Severe burn injuries can have grave long-term physical, mental, financial consequences on victims. Victims may be forced to bear agonizing treatments and, in acute cases, learn to cope with permanent scarring, disfigurement, and even amputations. Medical procedures, such as reconstructive surgeries and skin grafts, are not only painful and invasive but also incredibly costly. Victims suffering from thermal burn injuries can pursue recovery for damages through a personal injury lawsuit against the responsible party, which may include compensation for:
- All past, present, and future medical costs resulting from your burn;
- Costs associated with rehabilitation, physical therapy, and long-term care;
- All lost wages from missed work;
- Reduced future earning capacity;
- Pain and suffering (both physical and mental) caused by your thermal burn, as well as treatment and recovery;
- Permanent disabilities suffered;
- Loss of enjoyment in life;
- Loss of consortium;
- Compensation for permanent scarring and disfigurement; and
- Any other unforeseen damages associated with your mishap.
Additionally, punitive damages may be available if it can be demonstrated that the defendant acted grossly negligent or reckless.
Our best of the best personal injury lawyers will evaluate your thermal burn injury and discuss the possibility of filing a lawsuit against the responsible party. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C., honored with a Better Business Bureau A+ Rating, is here to hold careless and negligent individuals accountable for all of your damages. The elite lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. work on contingency-fee-basis, meaning our legal fees are dependent on the compensation we obtain for you. Our seasoned team will only seek a fee after your case is settled with the insurance company or after obtaining a winning verdict at your trial. We are disciplined, dedicated, and determined to get you the best possible result after your burn injury in Buffalo, New York, throughout New York State, and beyond. Time and time again, former clients of the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. have said that Jed Dietrich, Esq. is the best personal injury lawyer in Western New York. View our Google 5 Star rating and clients’ testimonials by clicking here. Our highly experienced team is available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week at 716-839-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!