First Degree Burn Injury
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Recognized as a Best Lawyer of America and New York Super Lawyer, and His Team of Determined, Disciplined, and Dedicated Lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Fight to Obtain the Best Result for Victims of First Degree Burn Injuries in Buffalo, New York; Niagara Falls, New York; Rochester, New York; Throughout New York State and Beyond.
Burns are widespread injuries that can vary considerably in severity. While 1st-degree burns are not as severe as higher-degree burns, they can still be extremely painful and leave scars if not cared for properly. First-degree burns are really common and regularly occur after someone accidentally touches a hot stove or other heated objects. These superficial burns can cause swelling, signs of shock, reddening of the outer layer of the skin, and discomfort. Some first-degree burns can heal on their own without medical treatment. However, when incorrectly treated, first-degree burns can become infected and require urgent medical treatment. If the victim is a baby or elderly person or the burn is more serious than it looks, you should go to the hospital immediately.
Jed Dietrich, Esq. founded the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. in 2005 with a mission to provide the highest level of personal injury service to victims. Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq., acclaimed as an American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Attorneys, has exclusively handled serious personal injury and product liability cases. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s elite attorneys understand the emotional strain and impediments that can result from even minor burn injuries. Our top rated team of Buffalo, New York first-degree burn injury lawyers is here to assist you by asserting your legal rights to seek monetary compensation.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s veteran team will methodically investigate your claim and gather evidence to determine who should be held liable for your injuries. Depending on the circumstances, liable parties may include careless individuals, businesses, or the manufacturers of the product that caused the burn. You may have the right to seek monetary compensation for your past and future medical bills, lost wages from work, pain and suffering, and diminished earning capacity. Insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq. over $175,000,000.00 in verdicts and settlements to compensate his clients for their serious personal injuries. Our honorable commitment to exceeding your expectations and delivering an excellent outcome sets us apart from the competition. Contact us today at 716-839-3939 to find out more about how we can help you!Common Causes of Burns
The most common type of first-degree burn is a thermal burn. Thermal burns arise when the skin comes into contact with the heat caused by hot metals, flames, steam, scalding liquids, or other hot objects. Various circumstances, such as kitchen accidents, auto accidents, house fires, and electric appliance malfunctions, can easily cause thermal burns. Other sources of first-degree burns include the following:
- Friction Burns: Motorcyclists and bicyclists involved in accidents may suffer friction burns when exposed skin skids across the road.
- Radiation Burns: Incorrectly calibrated medical apparatuses, the sun’s rays, and tanning beds can cause excessive radiation and resulting burns.
- Electrical Burns: When the skin comes into contact with sources of electricity, such as outlets, arcs, and live wires, it can suffer burns.
- Chemical Burns: Contact with toxic household chemicals, such as bleach, common cleaners, and battery fluid, can cause chemical burns.
DID YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SUFFER FROM A FIRST-DEGREE BURN INJURY IN AN ACCIDENT IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER, OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK FIRST DEGREE BURN INJURY LAWYERS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Despite the frequency with which burns occur, many people do not know how to treat them. When treated improperly, the condition of the burn can worsen. Generally, 1st-degree burns can be treated at home without medical attention. Nevertheless, it is crucial to know how to properly treat them. Reducing pain and discomfort are the primary purposes of 1st-degree burn injury treatment. When treating a 1st-degree burn, dermatologists advise on the following:
- Cool the burn: Submerge the area containing the burn in cool water or apply a cold bandage. Perform this for approximately 15 minutes or until the pain subsides.
- Apply aloe vera cream or antibiotic ointment 2 to 3 times per day: Never apply butter, ointments, or topical antibiotics to the burn, because these may cause an infection.
- Place a nonstick, sterilized bandage over the burn: If blisters form, never pop them. Allow the blisters to heal by themselves while keeping the burn area protected.
- Consider taking some pain medication: Ibuprofen or Tylenol can help to ease the pain and decrease inflammation.
- Keep the area protected from the sun: Once the burn heals, put on a sunscreen with at least an SPF of 30 to protect the area from the sun’s rays. This will help reduce scarring, especially if the redness from a burn persists.
If you, or a loved one, have suffered 1st-degree burns in an accident caused by someone else’s carelessness or negligence, you should contact Jed Dietrich, Esq., a recognized member of the Premier Lawyers of America, and his top rated team of Buffalo, New York burn accident lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. to find out more about your legal rights. Honored with a Better Business Bureau A+ Rating and distinguished as a Best Law Firm of America, our prominent law firm will fight to obtain the best result for your burn injury and resulting damages. Insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq. at least $1,000,000.00 or more 38 times to compensate his clients for their injuries. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s highly qualified team is available for your free consultation 24 hours per day and 7 days per week by calling 716-839-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!