Water Park Accident
During the summertime, thousands of Western New Yorkers flock to the local water parks in order to cool down. Water parks are an enjoyable way for the whole family to have fun. Nevertheless, while enjoyable, water parks can also be very dangerous. According to a San Diego Tribune article, each year 4,200 people are treated at emergency rooms for cuts, concussions, broken bones, and spinal cord injuries endured on waterslides. Those figures did not even take into consideration other water park injuries or those that required the assistance of a lifeguard.
Unfortunately, tragic accidents can occur at water parks, and the resulting injuries can range from minor to catastrophic. For instance, three swimmers were lucky enough to only sustain relatively minor injuries after a large outdoor movie screen fell into Darien Lake’s wave pool. Water park accidents can occur for a number of different reasons such as poorly designed or maintained rides, overcrowding, lack of parental supervision or careless staff.
If you, or a loved one, were seriously injured in a water park accident, it is crucial to carefully consider your options. Your injuries could have a devastating impact on your future, including costly medical bills, missed time from work or other unanticipated consequences. Being a victim of a premises liability accident is a troubling experience for many people; however, it does not have to be for you when you have the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s team of aggressive, tenacious and hardworking Buffalo, New York water park accident attorneys on your side.
Insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his highly experienced team of water park accident injury lawyers in Buffalo, New York over $175,000,000.00 in verdicts and settlements to compensate his clients for their serious personal injuries. Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., recognized as a Best Law Firm of America, TODAY at 716-839-3939 for a free consultation if you were seriously injured in a water park accident. We are available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, and there is never a fee unless we WIN for you!
Water park accidents can occur under various circumstances. Although it is uncommon for pools at water parks to be over a few feet deep, with rapidly flowing water, slides that twist and turn, rough waters inside of wave pools and other features of water parks, unexpected accidents can occur. Large crowds may make it difficult for even highly-trained lifeguards to spot when victims are in distress. Moreover, victims can drown in even a few feet of water under the wrong set of circumstances.
Because most water park activities include water, slides, slippery surfaces and high elevations, common accidents include:
- Slip and fall accidents;
- Trip and fall accidents;
- Diving accidents;
- Falls from heights;
- Falls caused by inadequate lighting;
- Cleaning pump or other pool suction accidents;
- Accidents from guests colliding into one another;
- Drowning accidents; and
- Accidents resulting from faulty equipment.
If you, or a loved one, were injured in an accident at a water park, contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., recognized as a Best Law Firm of America, today at 716-839-3939. Our team of top rated Buffalo, New York water park accident injury attorneys will fight for the compensation that you deserve for the injuries that you suffered. Call us today!Frequent Causes Of Water Park Accidents
Accidents at water parks can happen for numerous reasons. In order to provide the safest possible experience to guests, all attractions at water parks should be properly maintained, which includes ensuring operational components are functioning, structures are sufficiently stabilized and ride operators are adequately supervised. When injuries do occur, they are often caused by one or more of the following:
- Mechanical problems: Numerous mechanical issues can arise on water park rides. This includes the ride getting stuck, restraints failing, brakes seizing up or support cables snapping.
- Irregular or poor maintenance: Frequent maintenance of water park rides and safety equipment is especially important for ensuring proper functioning. When routine maintenance is missed, or maintenance is done improperly, it may cause rides to malfunction.
- Structural issues: Since water can easily lead to corrosion and rust, the structural integrity of stairways, platforms and slides should be inspected regularly to prevent collapses.
- Errors by attendants: Inattentive, negligent or careless attendants may make mistakes like failing to leave enough space between guests on water slides, failing to implement necessary safety protocols, halting rides abruptly or neglecting to properly secure riders.
- Ride ejections: Unrestrained riders, such as on inflatable tubes and water slides, can pose greater safety risks to both themselves and other guests due to the lack of restraints.
- Poor or defective design: Some rides are inherently dangerous by design, even when operators and guests follow all safety precautions.
- Guest oversight: Guests can increase their chances of getting into an accident by engaging in risky behaviors, failing to follow health warnings or height requirements for attractions, or disobeying important safety rules.
- Lack of safety warnings: All potentially hazardous conditions should have warning signs. Additionally, water rides that pose a greater risk to guests should have cautionary signs.
If you, or a loved one, were seriously injured in a water park accident, contact Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his aggressive, tenacious and hardworking team of lawyers and paralegals at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., recognized as an American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Personal Injury Law Firm, today at 716-839-3939. We are available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, and there is never a fee unless we WIN for you. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of highly experienced water park accident injury lawyers in Buffalo, New York will battle to obtain the best result for you if you were injured by someone else’s negligence.
Generally, there are several parties that all have various responsibilities in order to ensure the safety of all guests at water parks. Depending on the circumstances of the accident, one or more of the following parties may be responsible for your injuries:
- Water park owners;
- Engineers of the water park;
- Designers of water park attractions;
- Manufacturers of water park equipment;
- Water park attendants;
- Maintenance workers; and
The parties listed above may be held accountable for injuries to guests of the water park under the legal theory of negligence, product liability, premises liability or wrongful death. Guests of water parks are considered invitees, and as such owners and staff are responsible for their safety. In most cases when a guest suffers injuries at a water park, it is due to the negligence of one of the above parties.
Compensation for your accident typically depends on the severity of the injuries suffered. The losses that will determine the amount of damages awarded include various expenses related to the accident such as emergency treatment costs, physical therapy, prescription medications and lost wages. Additionally, non-economic losses are also considered and may include pain and suffering, mental anguish and loss of enjoyment of life.
Jed Dietrich, Esq., recognized as a Top 3 Personal Injury Lawyers in Buffalo 2020 and New York Super Lawyer, and his highly rated team of lawyers and paralegals battle for people injured in water park accidents in Buffalo, New York. Jed Dietrich, Esq. has exclusively handled serious personal injury cases throughout the United States since 1999. Allow Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of Buffalo, New York water park accident injury lawyers to handle your claim and pursue the compensation that you deserve. We will help alleviate some of the stress that you face during this challenging time so that you can focus on recovering.
WERE YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, INJURED AS A RESULT OF A WATER PARK ACCIDENT IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK WATER PARK INJURY ACCIDENT LAWYERS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!