Beach Drownings and Accidents
If You Were Injured in an Accident at a Beach in New York State, Contact Jed Dietrich, Esq., Named a Top 3 Personal Injury Attorney in Buffalo, and his Team of Aggressive, Tenacious and Hardworking Lawyers and Paralegals at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Today for Assistance With Your Claim.
Western New York is home to numerous beautiful lakes and waterways. Public beaches are commonplace along the shores of the Great Lakes and the smaller bodies of water in our region. Residents flock to public beaches to enjoy the sunshine and cool off in the summer. However, these beautiful summer days come with risk of serious injury or even death. A trip to the beach can become dangerous if property owners or managers fail to take appropriate caution.
Have you, or a loved one, suffered a serious personal injury or drowning while on a public beach? If the accident was the result of the property owner, manager or lifeguard’s negligence, you may be entitled to significant compensation. The time following a personal injury accident can be uncertain and scary, and you may not know how to proceed. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s team of Buffalo, New York beach accident personal injury lawyers can help!
Every day, the team at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. strives to provide the highest level of personal injury service to the people of Western New York. Our team will be happy to provide you with a FREE consultation on your beach accident case. Contact us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by calling 716-839-3939. Don’t wait! Claims for personal injuries arising out of a beach accident have strict time limitations, so you want to ensure your rights are protected. Call us today.
According to the Center for Disease Control, the beach can play host to many different types of accidents. Some of these include:
- Slip and fall or trip and fall accidents;
- Diving accidents;
- Accidents related to debris or trash; and
- Exposure to unsafe substances, like algae, pollutants or human waste.
Each accident can have a serious impact on you and those you love. These accidents can lead to a variety of different injuries. For example:
- Drowning can cause serious brain damage from lack of oxygen, or death.
- Slip and fall or trip and fall accidents can lead to broken bones, head injuries or lacerations.
- Diving accidents can cause serious head injuries, including lacerations, traumatic brain injuries, concussion or death.
- Coming into contact with trash, particularly broken glass, can cause lacerations to feet, hands and other areas of the body.
- Exposure to unsafe algae can cause stomach upset or poisoning.
- Inhalation of pollutants, like gasoline, may cause illness.
- Interaction with human waste can cause short and long-term illnesses.
Drowning is the most common and most dangerous beach injury. Drowning happens for many reasons, including fatigue, lack of swimming ability or cramping. It is important to remember that people who are drowning do not always look like they are drowning. Drowning is a silent activity and a drowning victim may not exhibit obvious signs like thrashing or calling for help. Be sure to keep an eye on those you are with at the beach. It only takes a short time before someone can suffer life-altering damage to their brain because of a near-drowning accident.
If you, or someone you love, suffered a serious personal injury or death while on a beach, you may be entitled to significant compensation. If you are unsure who is at fault for the accident, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. can help. Our diligent and tenacious team of Buffalo, New York beach accident personal injury lawyers will investigate your case and help you determine who may be liable to you.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C., recognized as a Best Law Firm of America, is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling 716-839-3939 or by going online. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his top rated team of beach accident personal injury attorneys in Buffalo, New York will fight tirelessly in our attempt to get you the compensation and peace of mind you deserve. Don’t wait! Remember, there is never a fee unless we win for you!
HAVE YOU SUFFERED A SERIOUS PERSONAL INJURY AS A RESULT OF A BEACH ACCIDENT IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Beaches may be under the authority of a government entity, a parks service, a parks and recreation department, a municipal authority or a private owner. In any situation, it is the responsibility of these authorities or owners to ensure the beach is kept safe for all beachgoers.
The managing authority of a beach must ensure that the appropriate safety measures are taken. These measures include:
- Ensuring the beach is well-staffed by adequate, well-trained lifeguards;
- Providing proper warning signage if lifeguards are not present;
- Maintaining the safety of all beach property, including maintaining the sand and any structures on land or in the water;
- Closing the beach if a pollutant, harmful algae or other harmful matter is present;
- Following strict safety procedures for jumping and diving, including posting signs that indicate the depth of the water at diving structures and whether diving is permitted; and
- Ensuring staff follow appropriate first aid or medical procedures in the event of accident or injury.
If the staff or managerial authority of a beach failed to maintain the safety of a beach and that failure led to the personal injury of you, or a loved one, you may be entitled to significant compensation. If your accident resulted from the negligence of the beach staff, you could be compensated for your medical expenses, lost wages if your injuries caused you to miss time from work and pain and suffering. In addition, if you lost a loved one because of an accident at the beach, you may be eligible to file a wrongful death claim.
If you are uncertain if you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. can help. Our team of beach accident personal injury lawyers in Buffalo, New York has a track record of success with personal injury cases. Call 716-839-3939 for your FREE consultation and we will take the appropriate steps to begin the fight for you!
While it is important for beach staff to maintain a safe environment, you can also do your part to ensure you, and your loved ones, remain safe on the beach. Taking the following steps can help prevent beach accidents:
- Never leave children unattended;
- Do not swim beyond a comfortable depth;
- Wear water shoes or sandals to avoid foot injury;
- Follow all warning signage and lifeguard instructions; and
- Alert the appropriate authority if you see a dangerous item or substance in the water or on the sand.
While you can try to prevent them, accidents do happen. If you believe your beach accident was the result of someone else’s negligence, contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today. Our diligent and hardworking team will attempt to get you the compensation you deserve. Personal injury accidents are time sensitive, and it is important that we act quickly to ensure that your rights are protected and to obtain the best possible result for your beach accident case. Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., recognized as a Best Law Firm of America, today at 716-839-3939!
DID YOU SUFFER A SERIOUS INJURY AS A RESULT OF AN ACCIDENT AT A BEACH THAT WAS CAUSED BY SOMEONE ELSE’S NEGLIGENCE IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ., BUFFALO’S AGGRESSIVE, TENACIOUS AND HARDWORKING PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY, AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM AT 716-839-3939 TODAY!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!