Can You Afford Not To Hire An Attorney?
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Distinguished as a New York Super Lawyer and American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year, and His Team of Aggressive, Tenacious, and Hardworking Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Fight to Obtain the Best Result for Victims Seriously Injured in Accidents in Buffalo, New York.
Personal injury claims can cover a wide variety of accidents and other harmful situations. Whether you, or a loved one, have been injured by a faulty product, auto accident, dog bite, or any other incident that was the fault of another person, business, or governmental entity, you are probably wondering whether or not you need a lawyer. While some victims choose to represent themselves, it is crucial to realize that insurance companies are only concerned with their bottom lines. Insurance companies are not designed to protect you and may offer you a lowball settlement, deny your claim, or even try to flip the blame on you.
Most corporations and insurance companies employ teams of adjusters and lawyers who will meticulously evaluate your claim. When accident victims are self-represented, they are essentially entering into an area that they know little to nothing about. Insurance adjusters are well aware that victims handling their cases have no legal experience. On the other hand, attorneys and other legal professionals spend years studying and practicing all of the nuances of the law and will apply their knowledge to represent clients. That is why you should at least consult with legal counsel after an accident. Retaining an experienced personal injury attorney will level the playing field and significantly enhance the monetary value of your claim.
Jed Dietrich, Esq. believes that no one should have to suffer due to the negligence or carelessness of others. Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has exclusively handled serious personal injury cases. Even minor accidents can lead to devastating bodily injuries, life-long disabilities, extreme emotional anguish, and financial difficulties. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. possesses the knowledge and experience to thoroughly investigate your accident and ensure that you receive the highest possible compensation for your injuries. Throughout the years, we have successfully represented countless accident victims. Jed Dietrich, Esq. has dedicated his life to fighting for justice. We offer complimentary lawsuit evaluations and consultations. Our veteran attorneys would be honored to speak with you about your case. Our team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at 716-839-3939, or by filling out the online consultation form.Common Mistakes Made During Self-Representation
Navigating through a personal injury claim can be an extremely difficult undertaking on your own. For those that think they can represent themselves, it is crucial to avoid some common errors. Even the slightest misstep could easily result in a more difficult settlement process, considerably less monetary compensation, or even a failed claim. Victims that decide to self-represent should avoid the following:
- Falling for an insurance company’s intimidation tactics;
- Not having enough confidence to negotiate;
- Failing to list all of the parties that could have contributed to the accident;
- Settling way too soon;
- Not considering future treatments or surgeries;
- Miscalculating damages or underestimating the seriousness of your injuries;
- Settling for an amount much lower than deserved;
- Failing to provide proper documentation to support claims;
- Missing important court deadlines; and
- Accepting blame for an accident that was not their fault.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. earned recognition by Expertise LLC as Best Car Accident Lawyers in Buffalo, New York. Our very skilled and hardworking team of personal injury accident attorneys will fight to obtain the best result for your injuries. Insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq. more than $175 million to resolve injury claims.Does My Claim Require a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Not all accidents are as straightforward as most people would like to believe. Personal injury claims can be problematic and complex. Sometimes fault and liability are not obvious. You should at least consult with a personal injury lawyer if any of the following apply to your case:
- You suffered a severe injury: If you were seriously injured in an accident, there is no margin for error when a lifetime of pain and suffering, lost wages, and hospital bills are on the line. If your injury requires long-term treatment or caused a permanent disability, not receiving adequate compensation could lead to lifelong financial challenges for you and your family.
- Multiple parties were involved: Multiple parties can seriously complicate your case. It may be unclear which parties to pursue your claim against. Further, without an attorney, you may not even be aware of all of the liable parties. For instance, if you were hit by a trucker, you may be able to hold the trucking company, truck manufacturer, or even the mechanic responsible.
- You do not know who caused the accident: If you are not sure who was at fault, the other party’s insurance company may make it very difficult to recover any damages or even try to blame you. An experienced personal injury lawyer can help establish liability and oppose any counter or cross-claims.
- The insurance company denied your claim: Insurance companies know that most people do not understand the law or legal procedures regarding personal injury claims. Insurance companies often take advantage of this by denying victims’ legitimate injury claims. Also, insurance companies are aware that finances may be strained, so they may try to delay your claim or make a lowball offer to take advantage of you.
WERE YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, INJURED IN AN ACCIDENT CAUSED BY ANOTHER’S NEGLIGENCE IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER, OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK PERSONAL INJURY ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Although, in theory, you are not required to hire a lawyer, in practicality, it is a completely different story. Accident victims often find great comfort in having a lawyer to file their lawsuits and negotiate for them. Handling even a simple personal injury lawsuit on your own is daunting and time-consuming. If the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. handles your case, you can expect the following:
- Save you valuable time: An attorney will request all medical records and bills, insurance liens, review medical charts and police reports, and communicate back and forth with the other side. Time is precious, and most accident victims do not have time to handle all of the above.
- Thoroughly review all of the specifics of the case: We can tell you whether or not you have a viable case and if any relevant information is missing.
- Gather and sort out the evidence: Personal injury cases often include massive amounts of evidence. Our veteran lawyers will review all of your records and evidence.
- Determine how much your claim is worth: We can accurately determine the worth of your case based on previous experience and training.
- Advise you when to settle or file a lawsuit: Numerous factors go into ensuring that you get the compensation that you are entitled to. Personal injury lawyers will make certain that you choose the right course of action.
- Negotiate a higher settlement: Insurance companies tend to offer higher settlements to plaintiffs represented by attorneys. Self-represented plaintiffs often get much less than they deserve. Our seasoned negotiators know how much your case is worth and will not accept anything less. We will take care of all of the negotiations.
- Take your case to trial: Our goal is to obtain the maximum compensation for all of your damages, even if it means bringing your case to court.
If you, or a loved one, were injured in an accident, you may be uncertain about your course of action. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of personal injury attorneys in Buffalo, New York, are here for you. We are determined, disciplined, and dedicated to obtaining the best possible results for those suffering personal injuries in Buffalo, New York; Rochester, New York; Niagara Falls, New York; and throughout New York State. Victims of accidents may be eligible for monetary compensation for their medical bills, lost wages, reduced earning capacity, and pain and suffering. Time and time again, former clients of the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. have said that Jed Dietrich, Esq. is the best personal injury lawyer in Buffalo, New York. View our Google 5 Star rating and our clients’ testimonials by clicking here. Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., today at 716-839-3939 so that we can help you!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!