Despite being known as “man’s best friend,” dogs bite over 4.7 million people per year in the United States. Losses due to those millions of dog bites total a shocking $1 billion per year.
Unfortunately, any dog can bite and dog bites are a common injury.
Although we do not like to think of them this way, our furry friends can be dangerous, and children are especially at risk for being seriously injured by aggressive dogs.
Dog attacks can result in significant medical costs that need to be paid. More importantly, dog bite injuries can put you at risk for contracting dangerous infections such as:
- Rabies: A nervous system viral disease transmitted through an animal bite that is characterized by abnormal behavior, increased salivation and in some cases, paralysis or death.
- Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, MRSA: An antibiotic-resistant infection caused by bacteria that is characterized by bumps, boils and sores that are swollen, hot and hard.
- Tetanus: A nervous system bacterial infection that is characterized by painful muscle spasms which typically begin in the jaw and progress through the rest of the body.
Call us now at 716-839-3939 to investigate whether the dog that bit you was properly vaccinated. We work with the local dog wardens and the Health Department to obtain the dog’s records.
In the most serious of cases, dog bites can lead to amputations, nerve damage or facial disfigurement.Dog Bite Law
In most states, when a dog has injured someone, the owners of dangerous and aggressive dogs are financially liable to pay for:
- Medical costs;
- Lost time from work; and
- Money for your pain and suffering.
New York State law says that the owner of a dangerous dog is strictly liable to pay for an injured victim’s medical costs.
However, to obtain compensation for pain and suffering, one must prove that the dog owner knew that the dog had “vicious propensities.”
Vicious propensities of a dog are usually evidenced by the dog having bitten someone before. Dog bite claims require an investigation to determine whether the dog had shown vicious propensities and whether the owner knew of those vicious propensities.
The top rated lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. will thoroughly and tenaciously collaborate with dog wardens and health departments throughout Buffalo, New York to obtain prior reports of a dog’s attacks in order to determine whether the dog that bit you had shown vicious propensities.The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Can Help You!
If you have been injured by a dog and are looking for a top rated Buffalo dog bite lawyer, Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his seasoned team of lawyers and paralegals at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. are here to help. Jed Dietrich, Esq. has tried over 100 cases to verdict in the Courts of the State of New York. These cases have occurred in Buffalo, Cheektowaga, Hamburg, Tonawanda, Kenmore, Orchard Park, Niagara Falls and various other parts of New York State.
With years of experience handling dog bite cases and a tenacious team of dog bite lawyers ready to help you, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. is fully equipped to help guide you through the process of getting fair and full compensation for your injuries.
We know injuries of any sort are stressful, and our team of Buffalo dog bite attorneys and legal professionals will work to set your mind at ease.
Jed Dietrich, Esq. and the staff at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. are experienced, zealous and ready to represent you after an animal attack in Buffalo, New York.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!
- Dog Bite Injuries
- Dog Bite Scarring
- Rochester Dog Bite Accident
- Anticipated Value of Dog Bite Verdicts and Settlements
- Dangerous Dog Breeds According to Insurance Companies
- German Shepherd Dog Bite Accident
- Pit Bull Dog Bite Accident
- Chow-Chow Dog Bite Injury
- Staffordshire Terrier Dog Bite Claim
- Rottweiler Dog Bite Accident
- Siberian Husky Dog Bite Accident
- Wolf-Dog Hybrid Dog Bite Accident
- Instacart Delivery Person Dog Bite Accident
- DoorDash Delivery Person Dog Bite Accident
- Amazon Delivery Person Dog Bite Accident
- Grubhub Delivery Person Dog Bite Accident
- Uber Eats Delivery Person Dog Bite Accident
- UPS Delivery Person Dog Bite Accident
- USPS Delivery Person Dog Bite Accident
- FedEx Delivery Person Dog Bite Accident