Buffalo Pizza Delivery Person Dog Bite Accidents
Jed Dietrich, Esq., a Reputable Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Premier Lawyers of America, and His Highly Practiced Team of Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., Renowned as a Best Law Firm of America, Actively Litigate to Get Incomparable Outcomes for Pizza Delivery Drivers Who were Badly Wounded by Vicious Dogs in Buffalo, New York.
Despite all of the food delivery apps, such as Uber Eats, DoorDash, and Grubhub, ordering a pizza from a local parlor never gets old. The abundance of delicious pizzerias is mind-boggling and arguably makes Buffalo, New York, the pizza capital of America. Whether you are craving the taste of traditional and specialty pizza from Bocce Club Pizza or a stuffed crust from Domino’s, all you have to do is call and order. With an endless number of great parlors, owning a pizzeria can be extremely competitive. Consequently, pizza delivery drivers are often in a rush to get patrons their favorite pies. On a busy weekend, the average driver delivers up to 30 pizzas. Unfortunately, hungry and impatient customers are not always a delivery person’s biggest worry. Sometimes, while drivers are rushing to customers’ homes, they come face to face with aggressive dogs.
Although dogs are one of the most popular pets, they can pose a significant threat to the safety of pizza delivery persons. The circumstances surrounding every delivery driver’s dog bite accident are unique. Additionally, the nature and gravity of wounds suffered vary from small scratches and bruises to amputations and wrongful deaths. Victims of severe canine attacks often require multiple reconstructive surgeries and exhaustive rehabilitation just to be able to live a semi-normal life. No delivery driver should ever be forced to bear the devastating consequences of being mauled by a canine without having effective legal counsel. There has never been a better time to retain the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s leading team to help you pursue a personal injury claim.
Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his Buffalo, New York, battle-tested attorneys have helped thousands of victims and their families recover after brutal injuries. Our elite team has wide-ranging experience negotiating with homeowner’s insurance adjusters and obtaining substantial settlement packages. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s zealous litigators strive to provide victims justice by holding irresponsible dog owners liable for their negligence. In just over 2 decades, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has fought to obtain more than $175 Million in judgments and settlements for injured victims in Buffalo, New York, throughout Western New York, and beyond. Contact our seasoned team at (716) 839-3939 or by completing the online consultation form anytime for your complimentary case evaluation and consultation.The Most Common Infections Caused by Dog Bites
Anytime a dog’s teeth penetrate a pizza delivery person’s skin, bacteria from the canine’s mouth can seep into the body. Roughly 50 percent of all dog bites inject bacteria into the victim’s bloodstream, which can cause severe infection. Therefore, even if your wound does not seem serious, the risk of viral and bacterial infections is much too big to simply be ignored. Below, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s veteran attorneys have included a list of frequently occurring infections:
- Capnocytophaga: Although most cases of Capnocytophaga result from dog bites, victims can even become infected after any close contact with canines. Victims typically show symptoms within 3 to 5 days after contact with the animal’s saliva. Signs and symptoms range from diarrhea and vomiting to joint pain and headaches. Capnocytophaga can lead to complications, including kidney failure, heart attack, and gangrene. In severe instances, victims may be required to have their limbs amputated.
- Rabies: This virus is notorious for affecting the central nervous system, especially the victim’s brain. Dogs can transfer rabies to humans through scratches and bites. Data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) shows that rabies kills approximately 59,000 victims each year. Those inflicted usually do not start to show symptoms until at least 3 weeks after contracting the virus. Initial symptoms are flu-like, such as muscle weakness, tingling, and fever. When left untreated, rabies can cause victims to become paralyzed, slip into a coma, and die.
- Tetanus: After being attacked by a canine, it is important to check when your last tetanus shot was. Doctors may recommend a booster shot if it has been over 5 years since your last shot. Tetanus is an acute, potentially fatal infection that can be transmitted from a dog bite. Symptoms of the bacteria infection often include muscle stiffness, difficulty swallowing, cramping in the jaw, and muscle spasms. Victims suffering any of the above symptoms should seek immediate medical treatment for proper antibiotics, medications, and a tetanus vaccine.
WERE YOU, OR SOMEONE THAT YOU KNOW, SERIOUSLY WOUNDED BY
A HOSTILE CANINE WHILE DELIVERING PIZZA IN BUFFALO, ERIE COUNTY,
OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND BATTLE-TESTED
BUFFALO, NEW YORK PIZZA DELIVERY DOG BITE INJURY
ATTORNEYS AT (716) 839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE
HELP THAT YOU DESERVE!
According to New York law, owners of canines that bite can be held strictly liable for an injured pizza delivery driver’s hospital bills and other health care costs. Owners are legally obligated to take suitable precautions to control their dogs and prevent them from harming others. To obtain additional compensation, you must be able to demonstrate that the dog was predisposed to aggression and viciousness, which the owner knew of but disregarded. For example, if the dog previously attacked and wounded other delivery drivers or animals. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s highly experienced lawyers are experts at proving owners were negligent and should be held liable for further damages. Our veteran litigators will employ the same effective strategies that have consistently led to 7 and 8-figure settlements. Pizza delivery drivers attacked by dogs may be eligible for the following compensation:
- All expenses for both past and future medical treatment;
- Lost wages and tips from not being able to deliver pizzas;
- Diminished future earning potential;
- Expenses to cover damaged property;
- Pain and suffering (both physical and mental);
- Money for permanent scarring;
- Compensation for any disabilities suffered, such as amputated limbs;
- Loss of consortium;
- Loss of enjoyment in life; and
- All other damages related to the dog bite.
Please note that various factors can considerably influence the amount of money you obtain, such as your overall health before the attack, the severity of your disfigurement, essential future treatments, and the anticipated duration of your rehabilitation. Naturally, more grave injuries merit higher payouts.
Practicing law the Dietrich way, we are determined, disciplined, and dedicated to providing all of our clients with the highest quality of personal injury representation available. Jed Dietrich, Esq., accepted as an Attorney and Practice Magazine’s Top 10 Personal Injury Attorney, will do whatever it takes to secure the best possible outcome for your dog bite injuries. Please call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s seasoned team of Buffalo, New York pizza delivery driver dog bite injury attorneys now at (716) 839-3939 so that we can help you!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (716) 839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!