Electric Scooter FAQs
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Distinguished as a New York Super Lawyer, and His Team of Aggressive, Tenacious, and Hardworking Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., Recognized as an American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Personal Injury Law Firm, Battle to Obtain the Best Result for Victims Severely Injured in Electric Scooter Accidents in Buffalo, New York; Niagara Falls, New York; Rochester, New York; Throughout New York State and Beyond.
Electric scooters, which are commonly referred to as e-scooters, have quickly developed into one of the hottest transportation fads in cities and metropolitan areas throughout the United States. According to the National Association of City Transportation Officials (NACTO), in 2018, shared electric scooters accounted for 38.5 million rides. By 2025, the market for electric scooters is projected to reach up to $50 billion. Nevertheless, the risks of accidents and injuries associated with e-scooters are becoming increasingly evident and more frequent. Riders between the ages of 18 and 34 are most likely to be injured in e-scooter crashes. Some cities, like Nashville and San Francisco, have outlawed e-scooters due to the unsettling number of crashes. If you would like to learn more, below are the answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding electric scooters. Overcoming the unique legal challenges and issues in an electric scooter accident claim can be a complicated undertaking.
If you, or a loved one, have suffered severe injuries or worse in an electric scooter accident, you need the best attorney in Western New York to pursue your claim and hold those responsible accountable for what happened. Jed Dietrich, Esq., recognized as an American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year, and his team of highly experienced and top rated scooter accident injury lawyers in Buffalo, New York, have seen the detrimental impact that the devastating e-scooter injuries can have on victims, and ultimately their loved ones. We recognize the pressure that you may be dealing with as you struggle to get your life back on track. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s leading lawyers will manage every aspect of your personal injury claim from start to finish. Your primary focus should be on your health and recovery, and our compassionate team is here to help with the rest. Pursuing a personal injury claim against the responsible party may be the only way to begin to recover. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s battle-tested team offers complimentary lawsuit evaluations and consultations. We would be honored to speak to you about your possible claim. Call us today at 716-839-3939.Frequently Asked Questions Concerning Electric Scooters
Below are some frequently asked questions about electric scooters:
- How dangerous are e-scooters? According to a recent study by Consumer Reports, in a single year, there were at least 1,545 accidents involving electric scooters. However, this number is believed to be significantly underreported because many hospitals still do not track e-scooter accidents. As reported by USA Today, scooter-related injuries have tripled over the last four years, with almost 40,000 accident victims treated in emergency rooms from 2014 through 2018. During this same period, the scooter injury rate soared from 6 per 100,000 to 19 per 100,000 Americans.
- What are the most common causes of scooter crashes? As stated by USA Today, the top speed for e-scooters is approximately 30 mph. Although this might not seem that fast, it is fast enough to lose control and crash. Scooter accidents are frequently caused by road hazards, riders running into open car doors, and situations where the rider has to swerve and loses his or her balance. Another common cause of accidents is scooter malfunctioning.
- What are the most frequent types of electric scooter malfunctions? Defective scooters commonly have handlebar collapses, brake failures, throttle problems, sticky accelerators, flat tires, and engine trouble. When a faulty e-scooter contributes to your accident, depending on the circumstances, the rental company, scooter manufacturer, parts company, the mechanic, and service contractor can all be held liable in a product liability lawsuit.
- What should you do if you have been injured in an e-scooter collision? You must seek immediate medical attention for all of your injuries. Also, you should contact the police so that they can take an accident report. If you can, try to gather as much evidence as possible. You should obtain the contact and insurance information of anyone else involved in the crash. Additionally, taking pictures of the scene of the accident, skid marks, vehicles involved, debris on the road, and saving all hospital and repair receipts can be used to build your injury claim. Whether you get into an accident while riding a scooter or you were a pedestrian injured by a scooter rider, you should consider contacting an experienced personal injury attorney.
- Who should you contact for assistance? If you have been injured in an electric scooter crash, either as a pedestrian, passenger, or rider, contact the best of the best at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. for a complimentary case consultation. Serving the Western New York area since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq., distinguished as one of the Top 3 Personal Injury Lawyers in Buffalo, New York, has exclusively handled personal injury cases. Jed Dietrich, Esq., member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, founded the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. in 2005 with a mission to provide the highest level of personal injury service to victims. Our team sympathizes with your feelings of anger, distress, and apprehension after being injured in an e-scooter-related accident.
WERE YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SEVERELY INJURED IN AN ELECTRIC SCOOTER CRASH IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER, OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK ELECTRIC SCOOTER ACCIDENT INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Jed Dietrich, Esq., recognized as an American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Attorneys, and his top rated team of e-scooter accident attorneys in Buffalo, New York, at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., strive to provide the highest level of personal injury service to victims of scooter accidents. Our experienced team will take immediate action to file a lawsuit and preserve your rights. We will collect evidence, thoroughly investigate your accident, and determine who should be held liable. Insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq. over $175,000,000.00 in verdicts and settlements to resolve personal injury claims. Our highly qualified team is available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week at 716-839-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form. We are the aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking Buffalo, New York personal injury lawyers who are ready to fight for the compensation that you deserve!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!