Common Mistakes Personal Injury Victims Tend to Make
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Distinguished as a New York Super Lawyer and American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year, and His Team of Aggressive, Tenacious, and Hardworking Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Fight to Obtain the Best Result for Victims Severely Injured in Accidents in Buffalo, New York.
After someone suffers an injury due to another’s negligence, it is completely natural to be anxious, upset, and even a little confused. Very few individuals ever anticipate being involved in accidents or sustaining injuries. Most victims are unaware of the proper actions to take after an accident. Consequently, it is not unusual for them to make crucial mistakes. While some missteps are fairly harmless, other oversights can seriously prejudice a victim’s claim, making it impossible for them to recover adequate compensation. Personal injury claims can be extremely difficult for victims to successfully navigate alone, especially when considering all the added stress from the accident.
If you, or a loved one, were unfortunate enough to be seriously injured in an accident, you may be uncertain about your next steps. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s compassionate team understands the severe emotional trauma and impediments that you may be undergoing. We are all too familiar with mistakes personal injury clients tend to make. The good news is that most errors can easily be avoided with our help and guidance. Allow Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of leading personal injury accident lawyers to handle your claim and obtain the compensation that you deserve. Pursuing a personal injury lawsuit against the responsible party may be the only way to start recovering and rebuilding your life.
Jed Dietrich, Esq., recognized as an Attorney and Practice Magazine’s Top 10 Personal Injury Attorney, believes that no one should have to suffer due to the negligence or recklessness of others. Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has exclusively handled serious personal injury cases. Even relatively minor accidents can lead to devastating bodily injuries, severe emotional anguish, life-long disabilities, and financial troubles. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. possesses the knowledge and experience to effectively guide you through your case and ensure that you receive the highest possible compensation for your injuries. Throughout the years, we have successfully represented countless accident victims. Jed Dietrich, Esq. has dedicated his life to fighting for justice. We offer complimentary lawsuit evaluations and consultations. Our veteran attorneys would be honored to speak with you about your case. Our team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at (716) 839-3939, or by filling out the online consultation form.Most Common Errors Made By Clients
Being involved in any kind of accident can be a traumatic ordeal. Nevertheless, it is imperative to safeguard your legal rights and avoid jeopardizing your ability to obtain compensation. Even the slightest misstep could easily result in a more difficult settlement process, considerably less compensation, or even a failed claim. Below we have put together a list of mistakes personal injury clients frequently make and how to avoid them.
- Failing to Call the Police: After suffering a car crash or another type of accident, it is important to summon the police to the scene. A police investigation can help identify important witnesses, evidence, and even the cause of the accident. Police reports help record important details relating to the accident and can serve as invaluable resources.
- Not Obtaining Medical Treatment: Even if your injuries appear to be relatively minor, you should seek immediate medical treatment. When the adrenaline from the accident subsides, victims often notice additional pain. Victims with certain types of injuries, such as whiplash and internal bleeding, may not even realize that they are hurt. When left untreated, even painless internal injuries can be fatal. Moreover, going to the hospital will help document any injuries sustained so that you can prove your injuries resulted from the accident. That way, you can be compensated for injuries that are not immediately evident.
- Representing Yourself: Most accident victims that choose to represent themselves have no idea what they are getting into. Just because you were injured does not mean that you will get a fair settlement offer on your own. Handling a personal injury claim alone can be an extremely difficult undertaking. Attorneys spend years learning and practicing all of the subtleties of the law, courtroom procedures, and insurance regulations. Insurance adjusters know that victims handling their cases lack meaningful legal experience and try to take full advantage.
- Settling Your Claim Before Talking to an Attorney: Insurance companies are known for making lowball settlement offers and trying to deny legitimate claims. Even your own insurance company may attempt to downplay your injuries, and you could end up obtaining much less compensation than you merit. You should never agree to take an insurance company’s preliminary settlement offer before consulting with an attorney. Once you accept an insurance company’s settlement offer, even if your injuries turn out to be more serious than you initially thought, it will be impossible to pursue additional compensation. Essential future operations and treatments, being unable to work, and any other complications that arise could substantially increase your actual damages.
WERE YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SEVERELY INJURED IN AN ACCIDENT CAUSED BY ANOTHER’S NEGLIGENCE IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER, OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK PERSONAL INJURY ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS AT (716) 839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
- Admitting Fault: Even if you think that you caused the accident, never admit fault. The at-fault party could be held responsible for paying all resulting damages. Typically, accidents involve numerous factors, and all of the elements may not be immediately obvious. Additionally, you should never provide a statement to an insurance company without adequate representation. Insurance companies often try to trick victims into making statements that can be used against them later.
- Not Retaining an Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer: Just because someone is an attorney does not mean that they are qualified to represent you. Personal injury lawyers are invaluable assets to any victims that have suffered injuries. An experienced attorney will be aware of all the necessary steps, file all of the mandatory paperwork, negotiate a higher settlement, and bring your case to trial if necessary. Retaining a lawyer will level the playing field and significantly increase the value of your case.
- Failing to File the Lawsuit on Time: Failure to file a lawsuit within the applicable statute of limitations can bar your right to recover compensation for any damages. We highly suggest contacting the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s elite team as soon as possible to protect your legal rights.
- Posting About the Accident on Social Media: Victims should never post about their accidents on social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or TikTok. Both insurance companies and defense attorneys tend to search social media accounts to assist them in disputing injuries and reducing settlement offers. Even posting that you were involved in an accident can potentially make the jury think that your injuries were not severe because you were able to post.
If you, or a loved one, were injured in an accident, you may be uncertain about your course of action. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his veteran team of personal injury attorneys are here for you. We are determined, disciplined, and dedicated to obtaining the best possible results for those suffering personal injuries in Buffalo, New York; Rochester, New York; Niagara Falls, New York; throughout New York State and beyond. Victims of accidents may be eligible for monetary compensation for their medical bills, lost wages, reduced earning capacity, and pain and suffering. Insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq. more than $175 million to resolve injury claims. Time and time again, former clients of the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. have said that Jed Dietrich, Esq. is the best personal injury lawyer. View our Google 5 Star rating and our clients’ testimonials by clicking here. Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today at (716) 839-3939 so that we can help you!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (716) 839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!