Halloween Accidents In Buffalo, New York
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Distinguished as an American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year, and His Highly Experienced Team of Lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Fight to Obtain the Best Results for Victims Who Have Suffered from Injuries Sustained on Halloween.
Bubble bubble toil and trauma? Once the cooler weather hits, the first holiday that many of us, especially children, begin to look forward to is Halloween. A holiday that includes pumpkin patches, hayrides, free candy, and dressing up leaves little to be desired. Halloween can be a terrifying night, though, for reasons you may not have considered. The National Safety Council reports that “children are more than twice as likely to be hit by a car and killed on Halloween than on any other day of the year.” In fact, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) reports that pedestrian injuries are the most common injuries to children on Halloween. These statistics render proper precautions imperative.
If you never quite realized just how dangerous Halloween could be, you may be wondering what precautions you ought to take to ensure the health and safety of you and your loved ones. The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends the following safety tips to help you and your loved ones avoid pedestrian accidents while trick-or-treating:
- Always accompany small children;
- Wear bright and reflective costumes;
- Carry flashlights and glowsticks;
- Wear appropriate footwear;
- Make sure your costume does not drag along the ground;
- Leave sharp and awkwardly shaped costume accessories at home;
- Only approach homes that are well-lit and have their porch lights on;
- Remain on well-lit streets and use sidewalks;
- Cross the street at designated cross-walks; and
- Never assume the right-of-way.
In some cases, even strict adherence to all of the precautionary measures fails to prevent the unthinkable. If you, or a loved one, sustained personal injuries on Halloween, you should contact Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his top rated Halloween accident injury attorneys in Buffalo, New York. At the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., our highly qualified team will fight for the monetary compensation that you deserve.Halloween Precautions For Motorists
If you must drive on Halloween night, it is essential that you do so with the utmost caution. The combination of decreased visibility and increased pedestrian traffic makes Halloween a dangerous night with a high probability of personal injury and, in some cases, even death. The American Automobile Association (AAA) urges motorists to follow the following safety tips when driving on Halloween:
- Watch for children;
- Drive slowly, particularly in residential neighborhoods;
- Enter and exit driveways with extreme caution; and
- Turn on your headlights to make yourself more visible, even before dark.
Adult costume parties and festive events at local bars and clubs are also prevalent on Halloween night. Driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol can have exceptionally catastrophic consequences on Halloween when pedestrian traffic is amplified. If you plan to drink, it is imperative that you plan ahead and ensure that you have safe transportation home that will not endanger your life or the lives of others.
WERE YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, INJURED ON HALLOWEEN NIGHT IN BUFFALO, NEW YORK?
CONTACT JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY KNOWLEDGEABLE TEAM OF HALLOWEEN ACCIDENT INJURY LAWYERS IN BUFFALO, NEW YORK AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
While pedestrian accidents and slip and fall accidents are the most common injuries associated with Halloween, they are not the only injuries that occur. Some other potential hazards that are common on Halloween include:
1) Candy: The United States Food & Drug Administration (FDA) recommends urging your children to avoid snacking on their candy while they are trick-or-treating. Instead, it is best to provide them with a light meal before heading out and inform them that you will inspect their candy once they return home to make sure that none of it has been tampered with or is past its expiration date.
2) Carving: According to the American Society for Surgery of the Hand (ASSH), the best way to avoid hand injuries while pumpkin carving is to: carve pumpkins in a dry and well-lit area, always have adult supervision, never let children do the carving, and use a pumpkin carving kit rather than a regular kitchen knife.
3) Costumes: The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends that parents purchase costumes labeled as flame-resistant and non-toxic. It is also crucial that costumes do not decrease visibility or hinder the person’s ability to walk.
If you, or a loved one, have been injured on Halloween, it is imperative that you contact Jed Dietrich, Esq. at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today! We can be reached 24 hours per day and 7 days per week at 716-839-3939. Remember, there is never a fee until we secure a WIN for YOU!Keeping Your Home Safe For Trick-Or-Treaters
It is also important that you ensure that your home is safe for visitors if you participate in the night’s festivities. According to the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), you should make sure that your entrance is well-lit, free of obstructions, and that your pets are properly restrained. All of the above will help ensure the safety of everyone who visits your home on Halloween.
Our brilliant team is disciplined, dedicated, and determined to get you the best possible result for your injuries and other related damages in Buffalo, New York, throughout New York State, and beyond. Honored with a Better Business Bureau A+ Rating, our exceptional law firm will fight to provide you with the highest level of personal injury service. Call us today at 716-839-3939 for your free consultation. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s remarkable team of attorneys can be reached 24 hours per day and 7 days per week.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!