How Is a Settlement Value Computed
Jed Dietrich, Esq., a Distinguished Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Premier Lawyers of America, and His Top Rated Team of Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Fight to Obtain the Maximum Settlements for Victims Severely Injured in Accidents in Buffalo, New York; Niagara Falls, New York; Rochester, New York; Syracuse, New York; Albany, New York; Throughout New York State and Beyond.
After suffering serious injuries in an accident, it is only natural for victims to worry about how they will afford hospital bills, necessary medical treatments, or property damage. Victims may be bedridden for days or even weeks instead of being able to work. Hospital bills can easily begin accumulating, especially when the victim is no longer receiving his or her salary. Victims often find themselves in daunting situations physically, emotionally, and financially. When the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s battle-tested attorneys conduct complimentary lawsuit consultations with potential clients, the first question they usually ask is, “How much is my case worth?”
Over the years, our caring team of attorneys has seen the devastating impact that severe injuries can have on a victim and ultimately their loved ones. We understand that receiving adequate compensation for all your damages may be the only way to start rebuilding your life. More than 95% of personal injury cases are resolved out of court through settlements. Nevertheless, numerous components are involved in determining a victim’s settlement value. Our expert attorneys will only be able to provide an accurate estimate of settlement value after thoroughly investigating your claim.
Every day Jed Dietrich, Esq., acclaimed as an American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year, and his top rated team of attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. strive to provide the highest level of personal injury service to accident victims who suffered from catastrophic injuries. Insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq. over $175,000,000.00 in verdicts and settlements to resolve injury claims. The implications of retaining a highly experienced and knowledgeable personal injury lawyer cannot be emphasized enough. Choosing an attorney that is renowned for obtaining substantial settlements and jury verdicts can help increase the settlement value of your claim. Our dedicated and determined team of attorneys will fight to obtain unmatched results for your injuries. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s veteran lawyers are here to help you through this difficult time. Our best of the best team will treat you with the respect and compassion that you deserve. We are available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week by calling (716) 839-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form. There is never a fee unless we WIN for you!
Crucial Factors Considered in Settlement Calculations
Although most victims can easily describe how their accident and injuries occurred, it does not mean that their claims are always straightforward. Various factors that can help determine the settlement value of your claim need to be sufficiently examined. Some of the key factors that will help the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s elite team calculate your case’s settlement value include:
- The Defendant’s Level of Fault: This can be particularly complicated when the defendant is untruthful about how the accident occurred. There might be huge inconsistencies between both parties’ stories. The defendant’s negligence and fault can significantly affect the settlement amount. If the accident was caused by recklessness, it could significantly increase the defendant’s culpability. On the other hand, if you were comparatively negligent, your settlement could be reduced.
- Overall Strength of the Evidence: To have the highest likelihood of receiving a high settlement offer, it is imperative to demonstrate that the accident was mostly the defendant’s fault. That is why our seasoned investigators collect as much evidence as possible. Additionally, you should obtain emergency medical care to substantiate that the harm suffered was attributable to the incident and validate the scope of your injuries.
- The Gravity of Injuries and Damages Suffered: Were you severely injured? Are your injuries long-lasting or permanent? Serious, chronic, and permanent injuries generally rate the highest settlement offers. While some injuries are immediately evident, internal injuries can be much less obvious and lead to serious health complications. A medical examination will help determine your recovery time and future treatment expenses. Medical documentation, such as hospital bills and doctor’s treatment recommendations, will also be considered.
- The Defendant’s Insurance Policy Coverage: The defendant’s insurance policy limits are the maximum amount his or her insurance company will offer you to settle your claim. If the defendant’s policy limits are inadequate to satisfy the settlement you deserve, we will search for other revenue sources and assets.
WERE YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SEVERELY INJURED IN AN ACCIDENT THAT RESULTED DUE TO SOMEONE ELSE’S NEGLIGENCE IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER, OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS AT (716) 839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Determining a Fair Settlement Amount for Victims
The fair settlement value of your case cannot be accurately determined until all damages and future damages can be firmly established. After all of the damages are solidified, and the scope of injuries is ascertained, our battle-tested negotiators will determine an anticipated value for your case. Also, you should establish a reasonable amount that you would be willing to accept. The damages that settlements take into account include:
- All past, present, and future medical expenses and rehabilitation expenses due to your accident;
- All lost wages from missed work;
- Diminished future earning capacity;
- Property damage;
- Loss of consortium;
- Loss of enjoyment in life;
- Pain and suffering caused by your injuries, as well as treatment and recovery; and
- All other unforeseen damages related to the accident.
Not all damages can be easily calculated. Putting a price on a lifetime of pain and suffering, permanent disfigurement, or paralysis is not an easy task. Non-economic losses, such as pain, suffering, loss of consortium, loss of enjoyment in life accident, cannot be easily rendered into a dollar amount. Typically, a multiplier is used to determine non-economic losses. The total sum of economic losses above lines 1-4 is multiplied by the multiplier. Depending on the severity of injuries suffered, the multiplier ranges from 1.5 to 5. Certain factors can increase the multiplier, such as traumatic brain injury, nerve and spine damage, permanent disfigurement, amputation, and injuries that impact daily life or increase dependency on others. The largest settlements are generally reserved for cases where the victim has suffered life-altering injuries or even death.
Having the best possible personal injury attorney in your corner will lead to a much larger settlement. Jed Dietrich, Esq., and his elite team of attorneys will strive to maximize your chances of obtaining the largest possible settlement. Unlike other law firms, we will never pressure you into settling for less than you deserve just to avoid going to court. Jed Dietrich, Esq., recognized as a Top 3 Personal Injury Lawyers in Buffalo, New York, has tried over 100 cases to verdict and possesses both the experience and verified results to help you obtain the compensation you deserve. Our seasoned team is available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week at (716) 839-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (716) 839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!