Slip and Fall
Jed Dietrich, Esq. and the attorneys of the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. have settled many million and multi-million dollar slip and fall and trip and fall cases.
Jed Dietrich, Esq. recently resolved a slip and fall case for $2,150,000 for an injury to an office cleaner.
Jed Dietrich, Esq. and the attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. will:
- Conduct extensive discovery to flush out exactly who is at fault;
- Sue every available defendant; and
- Prepare your case to maximize your monetary recovery for your lost wages, medical bills and your pain and suffering.
If you, or someone you know, have been seriously injured as a result of a negligent property owner, tenant or lessee in New York State, please call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today. Our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking slip and fall and trip and fall attorneys will complete every step necessary to help you.
We will fight to obtain the best possible result for you and to make sure that you are properly compensated when you are injured as a result of another person’s negligence.
Premises liability defines the concept that a person or entity is responsible for maintaining all sidewalks, hand railings, stairs, parking lots, floors and areas on a property. Unsafe and defective conditions arise when a person or entity is negligent. Failing to adequately maintain a property is an example of negligence.
Our skilled and knowledgeable attorneys conduct thorough investigations on your behalf to obtain the best result for your personal injury as a result of a slip and fall or trip and fall.
The staff at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. are empathetic and believe in treating others the way we would like to be treated. Suffering an injury from a slip, trip or fall can be very scary.
You may have significant medical bills, lost wages and extreme pain and suffering. Our experienced and top rated slip and fall and trip and fall attorneys are dedicated to reducing your stress and making this difficult time as easy as possible.
Every effort should be made to take photographs and videos of the location of your slip and fall or trip and fall. A cellphone can be used.
Identifying the exact location of your fall will assist us in obtaining the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York.
Make A Report!
Making a detailed written report about how you fell is an important step to assist us in proving your claim. The report should be provided to the property owner or person in possession of the property.
The report should include:
- The location;
- The date;
- The time;
- Specific details of the accident; and
- The names, phone numbers and addresses of the people that witnessed the fall.
You should retain a copy of the report for yourself.
Seek Medical Treatment!
Promptly obtaining medical treatment after a slip and fall or trip and fall accident is very important.
By pursuing treatment quickly, your medical professionals can determine the best plan of care.
Call The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. At (716) 839-3939!
There are strict deadlines that apply to making a claim for a slip and fall or a trip and fall.
In certain circumstances, a defendant may require notice of an injury within 90 days of the accident.
You should call us now at (716) 839-3939 to talk with our top slip and fall and trip and fall lawyers to have your rights preserved properly.
Slips, trips and falls happen every day. They often result in serious injuries. These injuries can include:
- Broken bones;
- Torn ligaments; and
- Traumatic brain injuries.
Our highly rated aggressive, tenacious and hardworking attorneys in Buffalo, New York focus on pursuing slip and fall and trip and fall cases. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of tenacious lawyers fight to obtain the best result for you.
You may have been injured in one of the following circumstances:
- Perhaps you were walking your dog at night and you tripped on an uneven sidewalk;
- Perhaps you slipped on a wet floor at a restaurant, supermarket or department store; or
- Perhaps you fell on an unsalted walkway at a privately-owned home.
We will battle for you if a negligent party caused your injury.
From the moment we meet with you, we begin a meticulous investigation into the circumstances surrounding your injury. Determining who is liable, or responsible for the maintenance of the property, is the first step. Our team may prosecute the claim by:
- Having our private investigators obtain pictures of the area of the fall, witness statements, measurements of the defective area and other information to maximize our ability to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York;
- Hand delivering subpoenas to property owners, lessees and tenants to preserve evidence. A subpoena is a legal document stating that the party receiving the paper must comply with a request under court order; and
- Dispatching certified letters to property owners, lessees and tenants to compel the production of insurance company information. A certified letter is a document that is hand delivered and requires a signature by the person accepting the letter. This acts as a record of who received the document to prove notice of the acceptance.
Occasionally a person will fall in a public area where there may be a videotape of the incident. Videotape may also be obtained from an adjacent property owner or business. This evidence must be obtained quickly.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. attorneys are highly experienced with slip and falls and trip and falls. We know that evidence can become stale and we will promptly act to help preserve evidence to assist you!
There is no law in New York State that requires businesses to maintain security videotape. Unfortunately, this can result in videotape being destroyed.
It is imperative that our office be retained as soon as possible to notify a property owner, lessee or tenant of the necessity of retaining important videotape. We will demand that this evidence not be destroyed.
The entities that were negligent in not properly maintaining their property pay for an injured person’s damages. We obtain compensation for you from the following types of defendants:
- Town areas;
- Apartment complexes;
- Strip malls;
- Office buildings; and
Identifying the responsible defendant in a slip and fall and trip and fall in a personal injury case is crucial.
Once the proper parties are known, we will build your case to prove who was at fault and then work to define your damages.
Your recovery will be based upon:
- The extent of the medical care that you receive;
- Your lost wages, or how much income you lose from missing time from work; and
- The pain and suffering that you will endure as a result of the incident.
Losing time from work and dealing with lifestyle changes can be extremely stressful. The top rated Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s attorneys are dedicated to making the legal process as simple as possible for you.
We strive to meet or exceed your expectations.
Our mission is to provide the highest level of personal injury service when you are injured by a slip and fall or trip and fall in Buffalo, New York. We will zealously fight for you!Medical Treatment
After a slip and fall or trip and fall accident, you need to obtain prompt and appropriate medical care for your:
- Broken bones;
- Torn ligaments;
- Torn muscles; or
- Other injuries.
Your medical treatment is usually paid by your own personal medical insurance company.
If you have any expenses that you pay out of your own pocket, those receipts should be retained. Provide those documents to our firm so that we can fight to have those costs reimbursed to you.
Some property owners, lessees and tenants’ insurance policies have a medical pay provision to pay for an injured person’s medical bills. A medical pay provision provides that medical bills can be paid as the case proceeds.
To determine whether your bills can be paid by a medical pay provision, call (716) 839-3939 now to speak with one of our top rated Buffalo, New York slip and fall and trip and fall lawyers.Subrogation
Depending on the health insurance carrier that you have, some of the payments made on your behalf may be subject to repayment, or subrogation. This means that re-payment of your medical bills may have to be made out of the money that is provided by the defendants to settle your case.
We will fight to have these costs paid by the defendants and then we will negotiate with your health insurance company to attempt to reduce these costs, or liens against your recovery, to maximize your personal injury settlement.
You may qualify for New York State Short-Term Disability benefits or Long-Term Disability benefits through work. Contact us now so that we may assist you in determining what disability benefits you may be entitled to.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (716) 839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!
- 3 FAQs Slip and Fall
- Airport Slip and Fall Accident
- Amherst Slip and Fall Accident
- Construction Slip and Fall
- East Amherst Slip and Fall Accident
- Grand Island Slip and Fall Accident
- Jamestown Slip and Fall Accident
- Newfane Slip And Fall Accident
- Parking Ramp Fall
- Previous Complaints About an Existing Hazard
- Public Restroom Slip and Fall
- Ransomville Slip And Fall Accident
- Rochester Slip and Fall Accident
- Sidewalk Slip and Fall
- Slip and Fall Injuries
- Slippery Floor Fall Accident
- Snow and Ice Slip and Fall
- Stairway Slip And Fall
- Swimming Pool Slip and Fall
- Syracuse Slip and Fall Accident
- Unsafe Cleaning Practices
- Webster Slip and Fall Accident
- West Seneca Slip And Fall Accident
- Lockport Slip and Fall Accident
- Skaneateles Slip and Fall Accident
- Niagara Falls Slip and Fall Accident
- Cheektowaga Slip and Fall Accident
- Mayville Slip and Fall Accident
- North Tonawanda Slip and Fall Accident
- Tully Slip and Fall Accident
- Warsaw Slip and Fall Accident
- Olean Slip and Fall Accident
- Wellsville Slip and Fall Accident
- Orchard Park Slip and Fall Accident
- Clarence Slip and Fall Accident
- Hurdles To Slip And Fall Cases
- Hamburg Slip and Fall Accident
- Lancaster Slip and Fall Accident
- Aurora Slip and Fall Accident
- Lewiston Slip and Fall Accident
- Pregnant Woman Slip and Fall Accident