Public Restroom Slip and Fall
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s Team of Buffalo, New York Serious Injury Lawyers and Paralegals Will Fight to Attempt to Obtain the Best Result for a Buffalo, New York Public Restroom Slip and Fall Personal Injury Accident.
Using public bathrooms is a necessary part of everyday life. Whether you are stopping at a rest area along the New York State Thruway, or using a facility in a department store, entertainment venue, restaurant or other public space, you should be able to do so without risk of injury. Unfortunately, public restrooms can become hazardous quickly. Hazards in a public restroom can lead to slip and fall injuries that can cause serious bodily harm.
If you were injured in a public restroom slip and fall accident, you may be eligible for compensation for your injuries. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C., recognized as a Best Law Firm of America, has fought and won numerous personal injury cases resulting from slips and falls. Every day, Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his aggressive, tenacious and hardworking team of Buffalo, New York serious injury lawyers strive to provide the highest level of personal injury service to the members of our community. We will fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C., located in Buffalo, New York, is recognized as an American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Personal Injury Law Firm. Our team of Buffalo, New York public restroom slip and fall injury lawyers is committed to providing superior personal injury service to the people of Western New York and beyond. If you, or a loved one, suffered a serious personal injury as a result of a public restroom slip and fall, call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today. We are available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week, and can be reached by calling 716-839-3939. We will happily provide you with a FREE consultation on your case.
The combination of liquids and hard, smooth surfaces in public restrooms make slip and fall injuries likely. However, it is the responsibility of the property owner, management and staff to ensure that public restrooms are kept free of hazards that might lead to an accident.
Slip and fall hazards in public restrooms might result from:
- Water accumulation from overflowing sinks, toilets or dripping hands;
- Water accumulation on tile floors tracked in by patrons;
- Liquid accumulation from cleaning efforts, such as a mopping; or
- Water accumulation due to a nearby pool or waterpark facility.
The combination of liquid accumulation and hard, smooth surfaces, like tiled floors, is a recipe for slip and fall accidents. Unfortunately, these hard surfaces can contribute to more serious injuries after a fall.
The following injuries might result from a fall in a public restroom:
- Fractures, commonly including, but not limited to, wrists, hands, arms, hips, legs or ankles;
- Severe bruising or joint damage, especially to the knees;
- Concussions and other serious head injuries, resulting from hitting one’s head on the tile floor or a counter, toilet or other fixture;
- Neck and back injuries; or
- Death, particularly from head injuries.
If you, or someone you love, fell while using a public restroom, seek medical treatment immediately so that a doctor can rule out more serious personal injury. Medical bills can be costly, but it is important to get the help that you need to ensure that you are on the road to a speedy recovery. It is also important to report the incident and to create and obtain a copy of an incident report so that the important facts surrounding your fall can be recorded and later used to help determine liability during an investigation.
At the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., we know just how drastically your life can change after a slip and fall accident. The unanticipated cost of medical care treatment can be overwhelming, and you may face the financial burdens associated with being unable to work because of your injuries. Please know, you are not alone during this challenging time. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. team is here to help. If your fall was the result of the negligence of a property owner, management or staff, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries, medical expenses and other financial losses. Call Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of highly experienced Buffalo, New York public restroom slip and fall injury lawyers today at 716-839-3939 to find out if you may be eligible for compensation.
It is the obligation of a property owner, management and any staff to ensure that they keep public restrooms free from hazards. Slip and fall injuries can be prevented by diligent maintenance. Property owners can take many actions to keep people safe from slipping and falling, including:
- Mopping and cleaning up spills, overflows or other liquid accumulation in a timely manner;
- Maintaining sinks and toilets to prevent overflow or leaks;
- Ensuring that cleaning efforts leave behind as little liquid accumulation as possible;
- Posting or displaying appropriate signage if liquid accumulation or cleaning efforts have occurred; and
- Providing proper and adequate custodial staff and services to ensure facilities are kept clean and hazard-free.
If you choose to use a public restroom, you can take precautions to keep yourself and others safe:
- Walk carefully, particularly if you believe there may be liquid accumulation;
- Avoid spilling or splashing water from sinks or toilets on the floor;
- Pay attention to any warning signs;
- Avoid areas that are being mopped or cleaned until they are dry; and
- Be aware of your surroundings and alert the responsible parties if you see a hazard arise so that they can take action.
While it is good to be careful and take caution, it is still the responsibility of the property owner or management to keep public restrooms safe for all guests to use. It is important that management take swift action to eliminate hazards and prevent injuries. If you, or a loved one, suffered a serious injury as a result of a public restroom slip and fall, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. is here to help. Jed Dietrich, Esq. is recognized as a Best Lawyer of America and New York Super Lawyer, and he and his team of public restroom slip and fall attorneys in Buffalo, New York will investigate your case and attempt to secure the compensation that you deserve! Call 716-839-3939 today. There are strict time constraints applicable to slip and fall claims in New York State, so DON’T WAIT!
DID YOU SUFFER A SERIOUS INJURY IN A PUBLIC RESTROOM SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENT IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER OR ELSEWHERE IN NEW YORK STATE?
CALL BUFFALO, NEW YORK SLIP AND FALL INJURY ATTORNEY, JED DIETRICH, ESQ., TODAY AT 716-839-3939 TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
We all use public restroom facilities every day: at the mall, at the gym, at stores, movie theaters and more. Slip and fall injuries can occur anywhere and at any time. No matter where a restroom is, the property owner or manager is obligated by law to provide a safe environment for anyone who chooses to use it.
If you are injured in an accident in a public restroom and the injury was the result of a preventable slip and fall, the property owner or manager should be held responsible. It is necessary for the responsible party to adhere to the standards of a reasonable person and attend to or prevent hazards in a timely manner. The property owner or managing party may be liable for your injuries if:
- He or she knowingly neglected to eliminate known hazards, or hazards that would have been discovered with due care, such as leaking fixtures;
- He or she failed to hire and delegate enough staff to maintain the restroom facilities and eliminate hazards as necessary; or
- He or she, or any designated staff, failed to provide or display appropriate signage to alert patrons of any hazards.
If any of these instances of neglect resulted in a personal injury to you, or someone you love, the property owner may be liable for the accident. They may be obligated to pay compensation for your medical bills, lost wages due to missed work, and pain and suffering.
The process of proving liability for a slip and fall accident can be difficult. At the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., our highly experienced team of public restroom slip and fall attorneys in Buffalo, New York knows how to fight to get you the compensation you deserve. Call us today at 716-839-3939 so we can investigate your case, determine liability and begin the fight to get you the compensation and peace of mind you deserve.
WERE YOU INJURED IN A PUBLIC RESTROOM SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENT IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ.’S TEAM OF SERIOUS INJURY LAWYERS IN BUFFALO, NEW YORK NOW AT 716-839-3939 TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!