Construction Slip and Fall
According to the National Safety Council (NSC), the construction industry suffered the highest number of deadly falls in 2016. When most people think about construction mishaps, they imagine falls from ladders and scaffolds or incidents involving large equipment. However, the truth is that slip and fall accidents are the construction industry’s leading cause of Workers’ Compensation claims. The average slip and fall accidents are harmful enough, but the construction site setting makes them even more injurious and, in some cases, even fatal. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) considers falls to be one of the fatal four types of construction accidents.
Workplace accident victims need the greatest personal injury lawyer in Buffalo, New York fighting on their side. Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has exclusively handled serious personal injury cases and he has remained dedicated to obtaining the best possible results for his clients’ injuries. At the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., our team of highly experienced and top rated construction slip and fall accident lawyers in Buffalo, New York know how to properly and aggressively pursue work-related accident injury claims. Depending on the unique circumstances of your accident, even if you are receiving Workers’ Compensation benefits, you may still be entitled to pursue a personal injury lawsuit against negligent third-parties. It is important to explore all of your legal options.
Every day the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. strives to provide the highest level of personal injury service to people who suffered injuries because of someone else’s negligence in Western New York. Insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his highly experienced, top rated and elite team of Buffalo, New York construction site slip and fall injury attorneys over $175,000,000.00 in verdicts and settlements to compensate his clients for their serious personal injuries. Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., recognized as a Best Law Firm of America, TODAY at 716-839-3939 for a free consultation if you were seriously injured in a construction site slip and fall accident. We are available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week, and there is never a fee unless we WIN for you!
Slip and fall hazards are all around us, but construction sites contain a plethora of added dangers. Risk factors of slip and fall accidents at construction sites include:
- Weather Conditions: such as an abrupt or unexpected change in weather conditions such as rain, snow, ice, hail and high winds.
- Walking Surface Conditions: including defective walkways, cracks, uneven surfaces, spilled liquids, changing elevations and muddy soil.
- Various Obstructions: often caused by materials, unfinished projects, portable equipment, tools, power cords, hoses, cables and debris.
- Employee Carelessness: such as improperly carrying heavy and awkwardly proportioned objects and neglecting to wear proper footwear and other safety attire.
- Coordination and Communication Issues: including poor communication, uncoordinated working conditions, failure to warn of potentially hazardous conditions, lack of proper precautionary signage, improperly placed barriers and inadequate lighting.
WERE YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, INJURED AS A RESULT OF A CONSTRUCTION SITE SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENT IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK CONSTRUCTION ACCIDENT LAWYERS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
If you were injured in a construction site slip and fall accident, your very first concern should be your health. It is important, however, to protect your legal rights as well. By taking the measures listed below, you will ensure that you have preserved some important evidence to support your personal injury claim. As soon as possible, victims of construction slip and fall accidents should take the following steps:
- Document Your Accident: The first thing you should do after a slip and fall is identify what caused your accident. In order to remember important details surrounding your fall you should write them down. Take photos and videos of the condition and your injuries to help document your personal injury claim. Additionally, you should ask coworkers if they saw the accident in order to validate your story, in the future.
- Notify Your Supervisor: It is important to notify your supervisor about the accident immediately. Under New York Workers’ Compensation Law, you must notify your employer in writing, about the accident, within 30 days to be eligible to receive coverage for medical expenses, payment for lost wages and disability benefits. You should also ask your supervisor to fill out an incident report and provide you with a copy of the same.
- Seek Immediate Medical Assistance: If necessary, go to the emergency room to be examined by a doctor. Make sure to inform the doctor that you suffered an injury at work, and always follow the doctor’s instructions.
- Protect Your Legal Rights: An experienced personal injury lawyer will thoroughly investigate the condition that caused your injuries and evaluate whether or not to file a third-party liability claim.
If you, or a loved one, were injured in a slip and fall accident, contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., recognized as a Best Law Firm of America, today at 716-839-3939. Our team of highly experienced and top rated construction slip and fall accident lawyers in Buffalo, New York will fight for the compensation that you deserve for the injuries you suffered.
Slip and falls that occur at construction sites are often accompanied by compound injuries as a result of the surrounding equipment and work materials. These injuries can include broken bones, neck and back injuries, paralysis and traumatic brain injuries. Under New York Labor Law Sections 200 and 241(6), injured workers are afforded special protections. Section 200 holds owners and general contractors liable for job site slip and fall accidents if they had prior notice of the hazardous condition that caused the accident, yet failed to remove or remedy it, or if they gave instructions regarding the specific job that led to the accident. Section 241(6) necessitates that owners and general contractors on construction sites ensure that the work areas and walkways remain clear of all debris, materials and obstructions that may cause tripping hazards.
Although injured employees in New York cannot usually file a lawsuit against their employers, Workers’ Compensation provides slip and fall victims with medical expenses and a percentage of their lost wages. In cases of serious injuries, however, workers’ compensation benefits are rarely enough. The road to recovery can involve surgery, physical therapy and expensive medical equipment. Severe injuries can also make life more difficult for the fall victim’s loved ones if they are unable to work and provide for them. Pursuing a personal injury claim against a liable third-party may be the only option. It is crucial to properly identify any persons or companies that may be responsible for your injuries. Negligent third-parties often include property owners, independent contractors, general contractors and subcontractors. Such claims can be pursued in conjunction with, or independently of, your Workers’ Compensation claim.
Furthermore, construction site visitors that suffer slip and fall injuries may be eligible to pursue personal injury claims against any responsible parties for compensation relating to hospital bills and other medical expenses, lost wages, diminished earning capacity, pain and suffering, loss of consortium and various other damages.
If you, or a loved one, were seriously injured in a construction site slip and fall accident, contact the legal team of Buffalo, New York construction slip and fall accident lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today so that we can help you. Jed Dietrich, Esq. is recognized as a Best Lawyer of America and New York Super Lawyer and he is dedicated and determined to get you the best possible result after your personal injury in Buffalo, New York and throughout New York State. Contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. team today at 716-839-3939. We are available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week, and there is never a fee unless we WIN for you!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!