Snow and Ice Slip and Fall
Jed Dietrich, Esq. is Recognized as a Best Lawyer of America and New York Super Lawyer and He Will Fight to Obtain the Best Result Possible for a Buffalo, New York Snow and Ice Slip and Fall Personal Injury Accident.
Buffalo, New York has gotten over 100 inches of snow in one season twelve times since the winter of 1999-2000. While Western New Yorkers are accustomed to the snowy and icy conditions, the hazards created by winter weather can pose serious risks to health and safety. Icy and snowy sidewalks, stairs and driveways can lead to serious injuries from slips and falls. Property owners and landlords have an obligation to maintain the safety of their properties. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C., recognized as a Best Law Firm of America, has a track record of success with personal injury cases resulting from slips and falls in Buffalo, New York and throughout New York State. Call our office today at 716-839-3939 to find out how Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of highly experienced Buffalo, New York snow and ice slip and fall injury attorneys can help you to get you the compensation you deserve.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. is a top rated, aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury law firm located in Buffalo, New York. At the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. we work diligently to provide the highest level of personal injury service to the people of Western New York. Call today to receive a FREE consultation if you were injured on snow or ice in Buffalo, New York; Rochester, New York; Niagara Falls New York; throughout New York State and beyond. We are available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week by calling 716-839-3939 or by going online. Don’t wait, CALL NOW!
As Western New York faces winter weather, it is important to be aware of the potential hazards that come with snowy and icy conditions. Slip and fall injuries can be caused by many winter hazards including, but not limited to:
- Ice on sidewalks or in parking lots, including invisible black ice;
- Slippery slush build-up in warmer conditions;
- Melting snow in entryways and on tile floors in buildings; and
- Poorly shoveled snow accumulation on sidewalks or in parking lots.
Slip and fall accidents can lead to serious injury. Falls can be especially dangerous for the elderly, who may be unsteady on their feet or have lower bone density, leading to more severe injuries. The following injuries often result from falls:
- Fractures to wrists, hands, arms or collarbones, resulting from the natural instinct to catch oneself while falling forward;
- Fractures to hips;
- Severe bruises or lacerations;
- Concussions and other traumatic brain injuries; and
- Neck and back injuries, including herniated disc injuries.
Each of these injuries can have a significant impact on a person’s quality of life and can require extensive, ongoing and expensive medical treatment. Injuries after a snow and ice slip and fall accident can make it difficult or impossible to go to work—costing you money and security.
At the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., we understand the impact slip and fall injuries can have on your life. If your injury resulted from a slip and fall on snow and ice that accumulated on someone else’s property, you may be entitled to compensation. Call 716-839-3939 so that our highly experienced team of snow and ice slip and fall injury lawyers in Buffalo, New York can evaluate your case and determine if you may be eligible to file a claim. Jed Dietrich, Esq. is recognized as a New York Super Lawyer and his top rated team of lawyers and paralegals will investigate your case, determine liability, and fight diligently to hold any liable parties responsible for your injuries and losses.
IF YOU WERE INJURED ON SNOW AND ICE IN BUFFALO, NEW YORK; ROCHESTER, NEW YORK; NIAGARA FALLS, NEW YORK OR THROUGHOUT NEW YORK STATE CALL US TODAY!
THERE ARE STRICT TIME CONSTRAINTS APPLICABLE TO SLIP AND FALL INJURY CLAIMS, SO YOU MUST ACT FAST TO ENSURE THAT YOUR RIGHTS ARE PROTECTED.
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK INJURY LAWYERS AT 716-839-3939 TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
In snowy and icy weather, it is important to take precautions to avoid injury to yourself and others. If you are a property owner, it is important to take the following precautions to prevent others from slipping and falling on your property:
- Regularly shovel or plow all outdoor walkways and parking lots;
- Increase shoveling or plowing frequency in the event of continuous snowfall or ongoing weather events;
- Adequately and regularly salt all walkways, stairs, ramps and parking lots;
- Provide handrails or supports for inclined walkways or paths;
- Provide doormats to collect liquid tracked in on boots and shoes;
- Be aware of wet floors and stairways and take proper action to expeditiously clean up water; and
- Post appropriate caution signs to alert others to potential hazards—especially wet floors.
You can help ensure your own safety by following these precautions in icy and snowy conditions:
- Wear appropriate footwear for the weather, such as boots with a good tread;
- Be aware of your surroundings and keep a lookout for visible hazards or warning signs;
- Move carefully and cautiously over potentially slippery surfaces;
- Use all provided handrails or supports; and
- Wipe your feet on any available mats or rugs.
A combination of property owner accountability and cautious behavior can prevent slip and fall injuries in snowy and icy conditions. However, negligence by a property owner can lead to hazards. Property owners must ensure the safety of all those on their property. If you, or a loved one, suffered an injury as a result of a slip and fall incident on someone else’s property, you may be entitled to significant compensation. Call our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking team of Buffalo, New York snow and ice slip and fall injury lawyers at 716-839-3939 or contact us online 24 hours per day and 7 days per week. We always fight diligently and tenaciously to get our clients the compensation they deserve!
All property owners are obligated by law to provide safe facilities for anyone else on their properties. These properties may include:
- Apartment buildings or complexes;
- Retail stores including department stores, grocery stores and small businesses;
- Office buildings or office parks;
- Commercial properties, such as shopping malls, entertainment spaces, event spaces and more; and
- Any place where you are a guest and not the property owner.
If you are injured on another person’s property because of icy or snowy conditions that resulted in a fall, that person may be responsible for your injuries. A property owner is responsible for injuries to a person on their property if he or she fails to adhere to the standards of a reasonable person to prevent the hazards. For example:
- If the property owner chooses not to salt, shovel or clean up snow and ice hazards as they arise, or within a reasonable time after the condition arose;
- If the property owner chooses not to take steps to prepare for upcoming weather events, such as placing down mats; or
- If the property owner fails to make appropriate arrangements for someone else to maintain their premises in the event that he or she is unable to.
If the property owner failed to take proper action and you, or your loved one, suffered an injury as a result of the property owner’s negligence, they may be financially responsible for your injuries and any resultant expenses incurred. This may include compensation for your medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering.
Proving liability in slip and fall cases can often be difficult and the process is time sensitive. That is why you want an experienced Buffalo, New York personal injury lawyer like Jed Dietrich, Esq. on your side. If you, or a loved one, suffered an injury as a result of a slip and fall on snow or ice, call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. NOW at 716-839-3939. We are recognized as a Best Law Firm of America and we will work diligently to get you the compensation and peace of mind you deserve. Call 716-839-3939 TODAY.
DID YOU SUFFER A SERIOUS INJURY IN A SNOW AND ICE SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENT IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!