Swimming Pool Slip and Fall
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C., Recognized as a Best Law Firm of America, Will Battle to Obtain the Best Result Possible After a Swimming Pool Slip and Fall Injury in Buffalo, New York.
Swimming pools provide relief to the people of Western New York during the hottest months of the summer. While people enjoy a dip in a pool to escape the heat and humidity, they are often unaware of the potential hazards surrounding the pool. Slip and fall and trip and fall hazards in pool areas can pose a serious risk to your safety. From wet surfaces to uneven decking, property owners have a responsibility to monitor and eliminate potential hazards.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C., recognized as a Best Law Firm of America, has years of experience obtaining winning results for people injured in slip and fall accidents. Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has exclusively represented people who were injured because of someone else’s negligence, and has obtained over $150,000,000.00 on behalf of his injured clients. Call 716-839-3939 today, and allow Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his aggressive, tenacious and hardworking team of swimming pool slip and fall accident lawyers in Buffalo, New York to fight to get you the compensation that you deserve for your injuries.
Located in Buffalo, New York, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. is a top rated and highly experienced personal injury law firm. It is our mission to provide the highest level of personal injury service to the people of Western New York. We are happy to provide you with a FREE consultation if you were injured in a swimming pool slip and fall injury in Buffalo, New York; Rochester, New York; Niagara Falls, New York or throughout New York State. Call us 24 hours per day and 7 days per week at 716-839-3939. There is never a fee unless we WIN for you!
When people think of swimming pool injuries, they usually think of drowning accidents. However, other injuries can occur around pools. Slip and fall injuries can occur at commercial and public pools as well as at residential pools in someone’s backyard. No matter the type of pool, the property owner is obligated to prevent hazards and maintain a safe and fun environment for people to enjoy, whether inside or outside.
Some slip or trip and fall hazards associated with swimming pools include:
- Water accumulation on the pool deck;
- Water accumulation in restroom or changing facilities;
- Water accumulation in hallways leading to indoor pools, such as in hotels or rec centers;
- Spills of drinks or other liquids, such as sunscreen and tanning oils;
- Growth of algae on pool decks as a result of water accumulation;
- Uneven decks, walkways, flooring or stairs in the pool area; or
- Slippery diving boards or ladders.
Slip and fall accidents can lead to serious injuries. Often, injuries resulting from a swimming pool slip and fall include fractures to wrists, hands, arms or collarbones, resulting from the natural instinct to catch oneself while falling. In addition, a person might suffer a concussion or other traumatic brain injury if they hit their head as a result of their fall.
If an individual that fell lands in the pool, their injuries can be even worse. Someone with a head injury may be at risk of drowning. If you see someone slip and fall into a pool, try to help them or seek help for them immediately. If there are lifeguards on duty, make sure they are aware of the accident.
If you, or someone you love, suffered an injury as a result of a slip and fall or trip and fall accident at a pool, it is important to seek appropriate medical attention immediately. Medical professionals can help rule out more significant injuries that may not be readily apparent.
At the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., we know personal injury accidents can cause a serious financial burden on you and your family. If you were injured as a result of the negligence of a property owner, you may be entitled to compensation. Our team of highly experienced Buffalo, New York swimming pool slip and fall accident lawyers will fight diligently to get you the compensation and peace of mind you deserve. Call us TODAY at 716-839-3939 for your FREE consultation.
Whether a swimming pool is on private property or is used publicly or commercially, property owners must ensure that they take certain safety precautions to eliminate the risk of injury to others. Property owners can take many actions to keep people safe from slipping and falling, including:
- Mopping wet decking, tiles or other flooring surfaces around the pool to remove water build-up;
- Cleaning up any spills or messes made around the pool area;
- Providing proper custodial staff and services to maintain the safety of the pool area, especially changing and restroom facilities;
- Maintaining flooring, walkways and decking to prevent unevenness, wear and tear or other potential tripping hazards;
- Providing proper signage to indicate potential slip or trip hazards, such as wet floor signs where applicable;
- Maintaining pool-related structures like diving boards and ladders to prevent slippery surfaces from developing;
- Eliminating algae build up on walkways or decking;
- Placing down non-slip mats where water accumulation frequently occurs; and
- Displaying “No Running” signs to discourage unsafe behavior.
If you are at a swimming pool, you also can take some precautions to keep yourself and others safe:
- Do not run on the pool deck or other slippery surfaces;
- Wear safe and sensible footwear when walking around the pool area;
- Clean up any spills or messes you create;
- Never swim alone unless there is a lifeguard on duty; and
- Be aware of your surroundings and alert the responsible parties if you see a hazard arise so that they can take action.
It is the responsibility of a property owner to keep a pool area and surrounding areas safe for guests and others to use. Property owners must take action to remedy potential hazards quickly. If you, or a loved one, suffered a serious injury as a result of a slip and fall at a pool, you may have a claim. Contact New York Super Lawyer, Jed Dietrich, Esq., and his highly experienced, aggressive, tenacious and hardworking team of Buffalo, New York swimming pool slip and fall injury attorneys today so that we can investigate your case and attempt to get the compensation that you deserve! At the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., our team has a track record of success in personal injury slip and fall cases. Call 716-839-3939 or contact us online 24 hours per day and 7 days per week. DON’T WAIT!
DID YOU SUFFER A SERIOUS INJURY IN A SWIMMING POOL SLIP AND FALL INJURY ACCIDENT IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Slip and fall injuries do not only occur at residential, private pools owned by family and friends. Injuries can also occur at pools owned by apartment complexes, recreational centers or gyms, community centers, schools, municipalities, hotels, amusement parks and more. In every instance, the property owner is obligated by law to provide a safe environment for anyone who comes onto their property.
If you are injured at a pool on property you do not own, and your injury was the result of a preventable slip and fall, you may be able to hold the property owner responsible for your losses. A property owner must adhere to the standards of a reasonable person when it comes to maintaining their property and eliminating hazards. A property owner is liable for your injuries if:
- A property owner knowingly failed to eliminate hazards of which he or she was fully aware;
- A property owner failed to eliminate hazards that he had time and opportunity to learn of, but failed to correct;
- A property owner failed to hire or delegate staff to maintain the cleanliness and safety of pool areas; or
- A property owner failed to provide appropriate signage to alert guests to hazards.
In many cases, if the property owner failed to take appropriate action and someone was injured as a result, the property owner may be held financially responsible for those injuries. If you, or a loved one, suffered an injury as a result of a slip and fall at a pool, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, wages lost due to missed time at work and even pain and suffering.
Proving liability can be a difficult process and it is important you take immediate action before it is too late. Take a careful account of how the injury took place and gather names and contact information of potential witness. At the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., we will thoroughly investigate your case, determine liability and attempt to sue any and all liable parties to get you the results you deserve. Call us now at 716-839-3939 so we can begin the fight for you TODAY.
DID YOU SUFFER A SLIP AND FALL INJURY AT A SWIMMING POOL IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF SWIMMING POOL SLIP AND FALL ATTORNEYS IN BUFFALO, NEW YORK AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!