Jed Dietrich, Esq., Recognized as a New York Super Lawyer, and His Team of Lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Fight to Obtain the Best Result for Individuals Injured in Autumn Accidents in Buffalo, New York; Niagara Falls, New York; Rochester, New York and Beyond.
Very few things say autumn in Western New York like the breathtaking views of fall foliage, the overwhelming excitement of Buffalo Bills football games, and the overpowering aroma of slow cooker meals. While there is so much to love about the season, the potential hazards that accompany it are all too often overlooked. Specifically, autumn introduces a variety of hazards the increase both the likelihood and the degree of severity of motor vehicle accidents and slip and fall accidents. This webpage will explore the personal injury risks associated with the season that so many of us love, hoping that increased awareness of the same will help keep you and your loved ones safe while you enjoy everything that the season has to offer.
In some cases, even knowing all of the risks and taking all of the necessary precautions cannot prevent the unthinkable from occurring. If you or your loved one have been injured in an autumn accident, it is imperative that you have an experienced personal injury lawyer on your side. Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq., recognized as an Elite Lawyer of America, has fought to obtain over $175 million in verdicts and settlements for individuals who were seriously injured in Buffalo, New York, and throughout New York State. After sustaining an autumn accident injury, you may face a number of obstacles while getting your life back on track. Our skilled team is here to help you rebuild what you lost by asserting your legal rights to seek compensation.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s seasoned team of highly experienced and top rated autumn accident injury attorneys are determined, disciplined, and dedicated to obtaining the best possible results for those injured throughout New York State. Our steadfast commitment to exceeding your expectations sets us apart from the competition. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. offers complimentary case evaluations, and Jed Dietrich, Esq. would be honored to meet with you to discuss your autumn accident injury claim. Call us today at 716-839-3939 to find out how we can help you! We are available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week, and there is never a fee unless we WIN for you!Autumn Motor Vehicle Accidents
Most experienced drivers, especially in the Western New York area, are well versed in the risks associated with winter driving conditions and safety tips and precautionary measures that can help keep them and their loved ones safe when they encounter them. Far less, it seems, is understood about the risks associated with driving in the fall, which is surprising, in that, there are so many dangers, and the accidents they cause can be just as perilous and, in some cases, even fatal. Some of the most common risks associated with autumn driving include:
1) Wet Leaves: You may be surprised to learn that driving on wet leaves can be as slippery and as hazardous as driving on a patch of black ice. According to an article published by Seely & Durland Insurance, “leaves are specifically designed NOT to allow water to penetrate. Instead, water sits on top of the leaf’s waxy coating, creating a film similar to that found on ice.” This slippery film prevents your car from maintaining traction, which can cause you to lose control of the vehicle.
2) Active Wildlife: Collisions with animals are far more likely to occur in the fall as the wildlife creatures begin preparing for winter and some animals, like deer, commence their mating season. According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, “you are 3.5 times as likely to hit an animal, especially a deer, in November than at any other time of the year.” An alarming statistic that makes it imperative that you drive with extreme caution during this time of year, especially when driving near wooded and rural areas.
3) Reduced Daylight: With fall comes daylight savings time. While falling back an hour and gaining an extra hour of sleep sounds promising, there are risks associated with the shortened days that accompany the season. The National Safety Council warns that “depth perception, color recognition and peripheral vision can be compromised in the dark, and the glare of headlights from an oncoming vehicle can temporarily blind a driver.” It is important that you ensure that your headlights and brake lights are in proper working order when fall approaches because even your morning and afternoon commutes will become gradually darker.
4) Back to School Traffic: When kids head back to school in the fall, there is an increase in traffic. School buses and personal vehicles clog up the streets that have been less populated over the summer months. There is also some degree of uncertainty among motorists as they learn new commutes and practice new routes and schedules for the first time.
5) Weather Conditions: According to the United States Department of Transportation Federal Highway Administration, “nearly 5,000 people are killed and over 418,000 people are injured in weather-related crashes each year.” Autumn is known for rain, fog, wind, and morning frost that make for wet and slick conditions that drivers should be extremely cautious of.
WERE YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SEVERELY INJURED IN AN AUTUMN INJURY ACCIDENT IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK AUTUMN ACCIDENT INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Along with the unique hazards the season brings to driving, autumn also delivers hazardous conditions that increase the risk and severity of slip and fall and trip and fall accidents. Some of the most common risks associated with autumn slip and fall and trip and fall accidents are:
1) Wet Leaves: When leaves fall from trees, they fall anywhere and everywhere. While wet leaves on roadways contribute to dangerous driving conditions, wet leaves on sidewalks, walkways, and parking lots pose a danger to anyone who traverses those areas on foot.
2) Less Daylight: Decreased visibility also negatively affects pedestrians, especially if they happen to be traveling in areas that do not provide adequate lighting.
3) Back to School: Many children who live too close to the school to be bused will walk to and from school and are vulnerable to all of the autumn specific hazards that we have identified. Not to mention the possible slip and fall and trip and fall hazards present at school upon arrival. Wet floors from spills, leaks, and improper maintenance can make school a dangerous place to be.
4) Weather Conditions: Wet and windy conditions, coupled with fog, make walking more difficult. Even dry leaves that have fallen on sidewalks can unintentionally hide defects in sidewalks, causing you or your loved one to trip and fall over something that would have been avoidable if it was not covered by leaves.
If you or a loved one suffered a serious personal injury in an autumn slip and fall or trip and fall accident, you should call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today! The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s accomplished team has extensive experience obtaining justice for victims of autumn injury accidents. We understand how to aggressively and adequately pursue autumn accident injury claims and are committed to safeguarding the legal rights of injured parties.
Insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his top rated team of Buffalo, New York autumn accident injury lawyers at least $1,000,000.00 or more 38 times to compensate his clients for their injuries. Our team will work tirelessly to attempt to obtain the best result for your autumn accident injury claim. Our exceptional team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at 716-839-3939, or by filling out the online consultation form. We are the aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking Western New York autumn accident injury lawyers ready to fight for the compensation that you deserve!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!