Camp Lejeune Toxic Water Lawsuit FAQs
Jed Dietrich, Esq. and His Team of Hardnosed, Tenacious, and Painstaking Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Fight to Obtain Extraordinary Outcomes for Victims Who Have Developed Chronic Diseases Because of Camp Lejeune’s Contaminated Drinking Water.
Recently passed in both the House and Senate, the Camp Lejeune Justice Act of 2022 allows those who were exposed to contaminated water at Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune and Marine Corps Air Station (MCAS) New River in North Carolina to bring lawsuits against the government. Once the Camp Lejeune Justice Act is signed into law by President Joe Biden, a significant number of lawsuits are expected to be filed. This will likely set off a mass tort lawsuit in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina. A mass tort is a lawsuit consisting of multiple victims that pursue claims on behalf of all those affected against a defendant in federal or state court. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s elite Camp Lejeune tainted drinking water lawyers are highly qualified to take on even the most complicated cases. As a nationally recognized law firm acclaimed for handling mass torts throughout the United States, we have the expertise and vast resources to build the strongest possible cases for our clients.
Heartbreaking stories of veterans and their families developing cancer and other life-threatening illnesses after being exposed to contaminated water motivate Jed Dietrich, Esq., to provide the highest level of personal injury service to victims throughout the country. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s seasoned team of personal injury lawyers has successfully represented numerous victims whose lives were torn apart due to hazardous chemicals exposure. Jed Dietrich, Esq. has an extensive track record of getting results for victims and has litigated cases similar to this against states, the federal government, and some of the world’s biggest corporations.
No one knows how to aggressively litigate contaminated water claims better than the Dietrich Legal Team. We will zealously fight to obtain the best possible result for all your damages. Below, our expert team has put together some of the most frequently asked questions and responses regarding the Camp Lejeune water lawsuits. If you have any additional inquiries relating to a potential claim, please do not hesitate to contact us. You can reach us by calling 716-839-3939 or by completing the online consultation form. Our highly experienced hazardous water injury lawyers are available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week. The best part is that there is never a fee unless we WIN for you!FAQs Concerning Camp Lejeune Water Contamination
Some of the most frequently asked questions regarding water contamination at Camp Lejeune and MCAS New River include:
- What is the Camp Lejeune Justice Act of 2022? Introduced in the House of Representatives in January, the Camp Lejeune Justice Act was recently passed in both the House and Senate. The bill, which will benefit veterans and their families who have suffered harm from being exposed to contaminants in the drinking water, is on the verge of being signed into federal law.
- Can I pursue a Camp Lejeune contaminated water claim? To be eligible to file a lawsuit, you must be able to show that you were exposed to the water at Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune or Marine Corps Air Station (MCAS) New River in North Carolina for at least 30 days, sometime between August 1, 1953, to December 31, 1987, and demonstrate that the contaminated water caused you to suffer harm.
- What caused the water contamination at Camp Lejeune? Leaks and spillages from underground waste disposal sites and other improper disposal practices at an off-base dry cleaner contaminated the water treatment plants and distribution systems at Camp Lejeune and MCAS New River. Hadnot Point and Tarawa Terrace were the 2 primary water plants, and sometimes the water was also distributed from the Holcomb Boulevard system.
- What was found in the water serving base housing and other buildings? Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) were found in drinking water samples of two on-base water wells that were in operation until 1985. In total, roughly 70 toxic chemicals were discovered in the base water supplies, including hazardous degreasers, benzene, perchloroethylene (PCE), trichloroethylene (TCE), dry-cleaning solvents, and vinyl chloride.
WERE YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, DIAGNOSED WITH CANCER OR OTHER DISEASES AFTER BEING EXPOSED TO CONTAMINATED WATER AT CAMP LEJEUNE OR MCAS NEW RIVER?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND BATTLE-TESTED TEAM OF WESTERN NEW YORK CAMP LEJEUNE CONTAMINATED WATER ILLNESS LAWYERS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO GET THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
- How could I have been exposed to the tainted water? Exposure to hazardous chemicals in the contaminated water could have occurred in several ways. Veterans, their family members, and base contractors were exposed to toxins by drinking the water, bathing in it, cooking with the contaminated water, and using it for cleaning.
- What presumptive health conditions have been associated with the contaminated water? According to the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), medical and scientific evidence has uncovered a connection between exposure to water contaminants at Camp Lejeune and the development of certain diseases, such as adult leukemia, kidney cancer, liver cancer, non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, multiple myeloma, Parkinson’s disease, aplastic anemia, and other myelodysplastic syndromes.
- How can I file a claim for the Camp Lejeune water contamination lawsuit? The best way to begin the process of filing a lawsuit is to contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s leading lawyers. We would be happy to provide you with a complimentary, no-obligation case evaluation and consultation.
- What damages could I recover in my Camp Lejeune water contamination lawsuit? Although it is difficult to estimate what your case is worth, our leading toxic exposure attorneys are passionately devoted to obtaining the highest possible compensation for clients seriously affected by water contamination.
In over 20 years of practice, Jed Dietrich, Esq., acclaimed as an American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year, has amassed more than $175 million in court judgments and settlements for his clients. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s team of highly experienced and top rated mass tort attorneys will strive to deliver the best possible result for Marines and their families impacted by the water contamination. Given the current legislative developments, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s elite lawyers are currently evaluating potential claims under the Camp Lejeune Justice Act. If you, or someone close to you, believe that you have suffered harm caused by the tainted water at Camp Lejeune or MCAS New River, please consider consulting with a battle-tested personal injury attorney known for handling mass tort cases throughout the county. Our devotion to exceeding your expectations and obtaining the highest compensation is what sets us apart from other law firms. Please call us today at 716-839-3939 or by filling out our online consultation form to find out more about how we can help you!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Western New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!
- Camp Lejeune Water Contamination Exposure
- Choosing The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. For Your Camp Lejeune Water Contamination Case
- Coping With Cancer Caused By Camp Lejeune Water Contamination Exposure
- Determining the Value of Your Camp Lejeune Water Contamination-Related Injury Claim
- Do I Have a Camp Lejeune Contaminated Water Injury Claim?
- Examining the Camp Lejeune Justice Act of 2022
- The Consequences of Camp Lejeune's Contaminated Water on Marine Families