Garage Door Accidents In Buffalo, New York
Jed Dietrich, Esq. Will Fight to Obtain Maximum Compensation for Your Buffalo, New York Garage Door Personal Injury Accident.
If a house has a garage, chances are it has an automatic garage door. While the ease of pressing a button on a remote or a wall-mounted control panel makes operating these doors possible without a second thought, automatic garage doors can become dangerous quickly. Garage doors can cause serious injury and determining who is responsible for that injury can be difficult.
Have you, or a loved one, suffered a serious personal injury as a result of an accident with a garage door? If so, you may be entitled to significant compensation. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s team of Buffalo, New York garage door personal injury lawyers are here to help you with your claim.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. strives to provide the highest level of personal injury service to the members of our Western New York community. Our team will be happy to provide you with a FREE consultation on your garage door injury case. Contact us 24 hours per day and 7 days per week at 716-839-3939 or online. Contact us today!
According to the National Electronic Injury Surveillance System (NEISS), thousands of people are injured in garage door accidents every year. Most of the injuries are described as crush injuries, where the person is pinned by a descending door. In other instances, people pinch their fingers or hands in garage door equipment.
NEISS estimates that a small number of these accidents result from misuse of the equipment. Some examples of misuse include:
- Children playing, usually trying to see if they can get out of the garage through the door before it closes;
- Adults deliberately neglecting or tampering with safety features, like emergency motion detectors;
- Adults trying to stop or start the door manually when the automatic motion is already in progress; and
- Adults fiddling carelessly with equipment such as the metal tracks, electrical components, or the door itself.
NEISS, however, reports that the majority of garage door injuries result from a mechanical failure of the automatic door system itself. Failures may be caused by:
- Loss of power to or malfunction of electric systems;
- Improper installation of the door, its hardware or its electrical components; or
- Lack of appropriate safety features, such as motion detectors or automatic reversal mechanisms.
WERE YOU INJURED BY A GARAGE DOOR THAT RESULTED FROM A MECHANICAL FAILURE OF THE AUTOMATIC DOOR SYSTEM?
CALL EXPERIENCED BUFFALO, NEW YORK PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY JED DIETRICH, ESQ. NOW AT 716-839-3939 TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
When a garage door experiences a mechanical failure, the door may descend rapidly and injure anyone in its path. Common injuries resulting from garage door falls include:
- Crush injuries, swelling and bruising to the part of the body hit by the door;
- Factures to shoulders, collarbones, skulls, fingers or other appendages;
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries and concussions due to the blunt force trauma; and
- Pinch injuries.
In extreme cases, garage doors falling may cause death, particularly in children, though these instances are rare.
If you were seriously injured by the mechanical failure of a garage door and the injury was not your fault, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. can help. Our highly experienced team of Buffalo, New York, garage door personal injury lawyers will investigate your case and help you determine who may be held responsible for your injuries and damages.
If your garage door personal injury was the result of someone else’s negligence, our team can help! The Dietrich law Firm P.C. will fight tirelessly in our attempt to get you the compensation you deserve. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his top rated team of garage door personal injury attorneys in Buffalo, New York have a track record of success. Let us begin the fight for you today!
DID YOU SUFFER A SERIOUS INJURY AS A RESULT OF A GARAGE DOOR ACCIDENT IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS AGGRESSIVE, TENACIOUS AND HARWORKING TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK GARAGE DOOR ACCIDENT INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 716-839-3939 TODAY!
Determining liability in a garage door accident may be difficult and depends on where and how the accident took place. A garage door accident may be the fault of a property owner, the garage door and system manufacturer or the person who installed the garage door.
A property owner may be at fault for a garage door accident if:
- The property owner failed to repair obvious damage or long-term wear and tear to the garage door system;
- The property owner removed or altered safety features, such as motion detectors or automatic reversal features; or
- The property owner caused the failure by fiddling with the mechanical system of the door.
If you were injured in a garage door accident on someone else’s property, and that accident resulted from the action or inaction of the property owner, they may be liable for your injuries.
A garage door manufacturer may be at fault for a garage door accident if:
- The accident resulted from faulty equipment or faulty operating systems; or
- The manufacturer failed to report a widespread malfunction in its products and did not issue an appropriate recall.
The person who installed the garage door may be responsible for a garage door accident if:
- The installer failed to follow manufacturer instructions;
- The installer knowingly neglected to adhere to best practices upon installation, especially those related to electrical work, mechanical work or construction work; or
- The installer knowingly failed to include safety features issued by the manufacturer.
If your garage door accident was the result of someone else’s negligent behavior, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries, including your medical bills and cost of medical equipment, lost wages due to missed work, and pain and suffering.
Determining liability is tricky, but the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. can help. Our team of garage door personal injury lawyers in Buffalo, New York will happily provide you with a FREE consultation on your case. In all personal injury cases, it is important to act quickly because failure to do so could result in the loss of your ability to make a claim. Call us today and let Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his hardworking team of lawyers and paralegals begin the fight for you. Don’t wait! Call 716-839-3939 today!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!