Top Ways To Maximize Your Personal Injury Compensation
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Distinguished as a New York Super Lawyer and American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year, and His Team of Aggressive, Tenacious, and Hardworking Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Battle to Obtain the Highest Compensation for Accident Victims in Buffalo, New York.
Personal injury lawsuits can cover a broad spectrum of accidents and other injurious incidents, such as dog bites, car crashes, food poisonings, and drownings. Even relatively minor accidents and resulting injuries can lead to serious health problems, emotional distress, and financial troubles. If you have been severely injured in an accident, you are probably wondering whether or not you should pursue a personal injury lawsuit. Victims are often confused, intimidated, and overwhelmed at the thought of dealing with the legal system. One of the biggest mistakes victims can make is allowing their fears and anxieties to stop them from seeking out legal assistance.
Among the most crucial fundamental factors in making a complete recovery is ensuring that you have sufficient compensation for doing so. Therefore, it is important to do everything possible to maximize your potential compensation. With so much at stake, it is critical to consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Retaining our battle-tested team will level the playing field and significantly enhance the monetary value of your case. Our veteran attorneys will provide you with the information and knowledge necessary to make the best choices for you and your loved ones.
Jed Dietrich, Esq., recognized as an Attorney and Practice Magazine’s Top 10 Personal Injury Attorney, believes that no one should have to suffer due to the negligence or carelessness of others. Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has exclusively handled serious personal injury cases. Our very skilled and hardworking team of personal injury accident attorneys will fight to obtain the best result for your injuries. Insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq. more than $175 million to resolve injury claims. We offer complimentary lawsuit evaluations and consultations. Our seasoned attorneys would be honored to speak with you about your case. Our team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at 716-839-3939, or by filling out the online consultation form.Maximizing Compensation In Your Personal Injury Case
After an accident, every single move you make can have a huge impact on your case. Even the small mistake could easily lead to more difficult settlement negotiations, substantially less monetary compensation, or even an unsuccessful claim. Understanding the aspects of your case that you have control over can help you obtain the maximum compensation possible. Below are the top ways to maximize your compensation:
- Collect and Preserve Vital Evidence: The victim, also known as the plaintiff, has the burden of proof in a personal injury lawsuit. Consequently, the plaintiff must present enough evidence to sufficiently prove his or her claim. Physical evidence can easily get lost or destroyed, witnesses may vanish, and memories tend to fade over time. That is why you must try to gather as much evidence as possible right after the accident. Generally, the stronger the evidence you present, the higher settlement offers you will receive.
- Seek Medical Treatment: Your top priority should always be your health and wellbeing. If an ambulance is required, call 911 immediately. Even if your injuries are relatively minor, it never hurts to be examined by a doctor. A physician will be able to examine you to determine the scope of your injuries. Obtaining adequate medical treatment for your injuries will help you recover faster and avoid any serious complications. Additionally, doctors will perform any essential tests and provide complete documentation of your diagnosis and treatment. Medical records and other documentation of your injuries can help strengthen your case. Generally, the more severe you can show your injuries were, the more compensation you will receive. If you delay medical treatment, the defense may argue that you were not seriously injured or that there is no evidence the accident caused your injuries.
- Continue Treatment Until Reaching a Full Recovery: Treatment received is one of the main factors used to assess the value of a personal injury case and can be used as compelling evidence that you suffered actual injuries. It is critical to inform your doctor about all of your symptoms (regardless of how minor), such as every sort of pain, numbness, and tingling. That way, all of your symptoms can be diagnosed, treated, and included in your medical records. Sometimes insurance companies will try to refuse to pay for unreported injuries. Additionally, the defense may attempt to discount the value of your injuries if you tough it out or do not have time for treatment. The best approach is to obtain all the necessary treatments and follow your doctor’s advice until reaching your maximum medical improvement. Not following your doctor’s instructions or completing treatment can give the impression that your injuries are not as serious as claimed and could negatively impact compensation.
- Never Underestimate the Value of Your Case: Compensation received in personal injury cases is intended to pay victims for all of their damages. Compensation was designed to restore victims to their pre-accident conditions. It is important to keep in mind that your claim is not limited to just one type of damage. Victims can often recover compensation for both economic and non-economic damages. If you have suffered an injury caused by another’s negligence, you may be able to obtain compensation for all medical expenses, rehabilitation, lost wages from missing work, loss of enjoyment, loss of consortium, pain and suffering, permanent disability suffered, costs to repair or replace damaged property, and any other unanticipated expenses. Additionally, it is important to consider any potential future damages, such as medical treatments, long-term care, and reduced earning capacity.
- Hire the Best Possible Personal Injury Attorney: The level of experience and skill varies considerably from attorney to attorney. The importance of hiring a highly experienced and knowledgeable personal injury attorney cannot be stressed enough. Having the best possible personal injury attorney handle your case can make a huge difference in your compensation. Look for an attorney who has significant trial experience because insurance companies will consider this when assessing the value of your case. Selecting a lawyer that has a reputation for obtaining large settlements and jury verdicts will show defense lawyers that you are not afraid of taking your case to trial.
WERE YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SERIOUSLY INJURED IN AN ACCIDENT CAUSED BY ANOTHER’S NEGLIGENCE IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER, OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK PERSONAL INJURY ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
If you, or a loved one, were injured in an accident, you may be uncertain about your course of action. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his veteran team of personal injury attorneys are here for you. We are determined, disciplined, and dedicated to obtaining the best possible results for those suffering personal injuries in Buffalo, New York; Rochester, New York; Niagara Falls, New York; and throughout New York State. Time and time again, former clients of the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. have said that Jed Dietrich, Esq. is the best personal injury lawyer. View our Google 5 Star rating and our clients’ testimonials by clicking here. Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today at 716-839-3939 so that we can help you!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!