Bounce House Accident
Jed Dietrich, Esq. Is Dedicated to Attaining Satisfaction for Individuals Who Have Been Injured as a Result of Bounce House Accidents in the Western New York Area.
Bounce houses are a fun diversion, be it summer or fall, at home, or in at an amusement park. In the Western New York area, in particular, where apples, corn mazes, and pumpkin picking are almost a rite of passage, many head outdoors with family or friends to enjoy their favorite fall activities. As with any enterprise, there is, unfortunately, the inevitable risk of an injury. When it comes to bounce houses, the individuals at the greatest risk are children. As such, it is important to take a moment to become educated on some of the risks and common causes of bounce house-related injuries in Western New York and the surrounding area.
Jed Dietrich, Esq. knows that your safety and the safety of your loved ones is a top priority. It is his mission to ensure you are represented in your personal injury case and that you obtain the best compensation possible. The offices of the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. are available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, and can be reached at 716-839-3939.Bounce House Injury Statistics
In a ten year period, there were over 100,000 bounce house or “inflatable amusement” related injuries, according to a report from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. The report showed an increase in the number of injuries every year. Most of those injuries were from commercial rides, with less than half as a result of injuries sustained from bounce houses being used at home. Most of the injuries involved children between the ages of 0 to 14, this being the age group at highest risk for injury. The dominant injuries were to the legs and arms, in the form of sprains, breaks, fractures, scrapes, bruises, or cuts from falling. For individuals who have experienced a personal injury from a bounce house or other inflatable amusement, the best-case scenario is for a scrape or bruise, and the worst death. There have been a number of fatalities reported over the years, the causes of which include neck and head injuries, suffocation, and even drowning.
A personal injury from a bounce house-related accident can be a life-changing event. At the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., our team of dedicated and hardworking attorneys is ready to represent you in your case today. Call our offices at 716-839-3939 to receive a free consultation – our clients are never charged until we have obtained satisfaction on their behalf.Causes Of Bounce House Injuries
A bounce house or inflatable amusement related injury can occur as a result of something as simple as a fall or from something more serious such as negligence. According to an article in USA Today, “Most injuries occur because operators are careless during setup, children are not supervised, and guidelines for safe play are not followed.” While there are laws and regulations in place regarding bounce houses, those deal primarily with insurance and inspection matters and woefully lack regulations for operators and proper bounce house operational procedures.Common examples of operator negligence include:
- Failure to stake down a bounce house to ensure it does not blow away or overturn;
- Using a bounce house that is in some way damaged, ripped, or otherwise defective;
- Failure to establish a perimeter, such as a fence, around the inflatable amusement, so as to keep unsupervised children from using it; and
- Operating a bounce house without awareness of proper safety protocols and guidelines.
DID YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SUFFER INJURIES FROM A BOUNCE HOUSE ACCIDENT IN BUFFALO, NEW YORK?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TEAM OF QUALIFIED BUFFALO, NEW YORK BOUNCE HOUSE INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
In the event of a personal injury as a result of a bounce house or other inflatable amusement accident, most individuals will want to know what steps to take next. The following list contains information on to how best to proceed:
- Seek Medical Attention: The first and most important step is, of course, to seek medical attention for any injured individuals.
- Secure the Area: Once medical attention has been received, the site of the accident should be properly roped off to ensure the safety of others. This is particularly important if some flaw or damage in the inflatable amusement is the cause of the injury.
- Establish Culpability: Establishing who is responsible for the safety and operation of the inflatable amusement will assist you in ensuring that no one else comes to harm. Such information will be instrumental if the injured party needs to file a personal injury lawsuit.
- Contact a Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney: Do not hesitate to reach out to a top rated personal injury attorney. Even if you are uncertain about whether you have a personal injury case, the seasoned bounce house injury attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. will provide you and your loved ones with a FREE case evaluation and present you with all of your options.
Jed Dietrich, Esq. is recognized as a New York Super Lawyer and is adept at tackling personal injury cases on behalf of his clients. If you, or a loved one, were injured in a bounce house or other inflatable amusement related accident in the Buffalo, New York area, contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. now at 716-839-3939 for your free consultation.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!