3 FAQs Slip and Fall
- Who Pays for Medical Treatment and Lost Wages?
- What Evidence can be Used to Prove My Case?
- How Much is My Personal Injury Case Worth After a Slip and Fall or Trip and Fall in Buffalo, New York?
Who Pays for Medical Treatment and Lost Wages?
In personal injury cases such as slip and falls and trip and falls, your medical treatment is usually paid by your own medical insurance company.
For some cases, property owners’ insurance policies have a medical pay provision.
Depending on the insurance policy that you have through work, you may qualify for New York State Short Term Disability benefits or Long Term Disability to benefits.
The following evidence can be used to prove a slip and fall or trip and fall injury case:
- Cell phone pictures and videos of where you fell;
- Cell phone pictures and videos of your injuries;
- Accident Reports or Incident Reports;
- Your personal recollection of what made you fall;
- Pictures of the footware that you were wearing when you fell;
- Your medical records;
- Witnesses to your fall; and
- Witnesses to how your fall has impacted your life.
Each case is unique. The following list provides a general outline of the important things to consider to determine how much your personal injury case is worth:
- The extent of your injuries;
- The extent of your medical care;
- Time you missed from work; and
- The impact that your fall has had on your daily activities.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (716) 839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!