Jed Dietrich, Esq., Recognized as a Best Lawyer of America, is Ready to Defend Individuals in the Buffalo, New York, and the Greater New York Area Who Have Been Victims of Personal Injury Accidents.
The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society reports that over one-third of the United States’ 328 million population are currently living with blood cancer. Leukemia is just one of the many types of blood-related cancers prevalent in society today. It accounts for nearly 10% of new cancer cases each year and a little over 9% of total cancer-related deaths in the United States.
We all want to keep our loved ones safe, but sometimes the unthinkable occurs. When that happens, the last thing we want is to worry about what action steps we need to take. At the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., our team of experienced Buffalo, New York personal injury attorneys is more than capable of assisting you every step of the way. Allow us to represent you in your case – you do not have to fight alone. Call today at 716-839-3939 or visit us online to begin the process.Types Of Leukemia
As with other cancers rooted in the blood, leukemia attacks the body on the cellular level. It is most commonly found in the bone marrow and white blood cells, but some types of leukemia have been found to affect other types of blood cells as well. Whether the growth of leukemia is fast (acute) or slow (chronic) and its location in the body are factors in determining what type of leukemia a patient has contracted. Several types of leukemia are:
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (ALL): Most commonly found in children, this leukemia originates in the bone marrow. As the name suggests, it is characterized by the fast growth of the cancer cells; and
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL): Originating in the white blood cells, this slower-moving form of leukemia is most commonly found in adults.
For a complete list of the types of leukemia, refer to the American Cancer Society’s Leukemia webpage.
For over twenty years, Jed Dietrich, Esq., a proud member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, has successfully represented individuals in personal injury cases throughout the Western New York area. Today, he is regarded to be a Best Lawyer of America and is fully capable of representing you in your personal injury case. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. offers complimentary lawsuit evaluations and consultations. To receive your free consultation, call us now at 716-839-3939 or visit us online.Risk Factors And Early Warning Signs Of Leukemia
It is notoriously difficult if at all possible, to predict whether or not an individual will develop cancer. While the exact cause of leukemia is unknown, it is believed that certain factors may contribute to its development in the human body. Chemical exposure, smoking, and for individuals who have previously undergone cancer treatment, chemotherapy and radiation can cause leukemia. Genetic factors such as a family member having contracted leukemia or genetic disorders such as Down syndrome can also increase an individual’s chances of contracting leukemia.
The early symptoms of leukemia will vary depending upon the type of cancer. These symptoms can include:
- Swelling of the lymph nodes;
- The appearance of red spots on the skin;
- Frequent nosebleeds or susceptibility to bruises;
- Unexplained weight loss; and
- Night sweats, chills, or fever.
If you are presenting any of these symptoms or for any reason suspect that you might have contracted leukemia, see your doctor immediately. Individuals who are diagnosed with cancer at an early stage have the best chance of recovery.
DID YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SUFFER INJURIES THAT RESULTED IN A LEUKEMIA DIAGNOSIS IN BUFFALO, NEW YORK?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TEAM OF QUALIFIED BUFFALO, NEW YORK PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
The survival rates for patients diagnosed with leukemia have been on an upward trend. In a forty-year period, survival rates have jumped from just 14% to nearly 66%. For individuals diagnosed with Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (ALL), there is a 71.7% 5-year survival rate. Although these statistics are positive, there can be no sugar coating of a cancer diagnosis. Leukemia patients and their loved ones are on a long and challenging road to recovery. Fortunately, there are dozens of resources available for families undergoing cancer treatments. A few of these resources include:
- The American Cancer Society: An organization dedicated to making the world cancer-free; this website is full of resources for cancer patients and their families. The website includes a list of known cancers, information on treatments, the latest research, as well as ways to get involved and give back to the American Cancer Society;
- Cleaning For A Reason: This not-for-profit organization provides free house cleaning services for women battling cancer. To date, this company has helped over 40,000 cancer patients; and
- Cancer Survivors Network: A website for cancer patients and survivors to connect and share their experiences. It is a valuable resource with information about community resources and support programs, news, and even ride-share programs.
Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of highly experienced and top rated attorneys, understand the devastating consequences of personal injury. Leukemia and other cancer diagnoses permanently change your way of life. Pursuing a personal injury claim against the responsible party might be one of the most crucial things you do. As such, the importance of finding the right representative for your personal injury case cannot be overstated. Our team of top rated personal injury attorneys is more than capable of representing you. Please call us today at 716-839-3939 or contact us online for your consultation.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!