Burn Injury FAQs
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Distinguished as a New York Super Lawyer, and His Team of Aggressive, Tenacious, and Hardworking Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., Battle to Obtain the Best Result for Victims Who Have Suffered Burn Injury Accidents in Buffalo, New York; Niagara Falls, New York; Rochester, New York; Throughout New York State and Beyond.
Often, it takes victims of serious burn injury accidents weeks or even months to recover, instead of being able to work. Even with medical insurance, hospital bills, and other medical expenses can add up fast. Additionally, severe emotional and psychological problems frequently accompany burn injuries. The last worry on a burn injury accident victim’s mind should be about obtaining adequate compensation for their injuries. Pursuing a lawsuit against the liable party may be the only way to get back on your feet. We highly recommend consulting with a skilled burn injury accident attorney to discuss the details of your claim. If you, or a loved one, have suffered burn injuries in a catastrophe, you want the best attorney in Western New York to pursue your case and hold those responsible accountable.
Jed Dietrich, Esq., recognized as an American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Attorneys, and his veteran team of burn accident attorneys in Buffalo, New York, at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., strive to provide the highest level of personal injury service to victims suffering from severe burns. Insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq. over $175,000,000.00 in verdicts and settlements to resolve personal injury claims. If you have questions or need help after any type of accident, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our highly qualified team is available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week at (716) 839-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form.FAQs Regarding Burn Injury Accidents
If you would like to learn more, below, we have answered some frequently asked questions concerning burn injury mishaps.
1. How can the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. protect my burn injury claim? The importance of hiring an experienced, skilled, and knowledgeable burn injury accident lawyer cannot be stressed enough. Our immediate intervention in the wake of a burn injury can make a world of difference to your claim. Even the smallest mistake or shred of overlooked evidence could greatly affect your right to compensation as well as the damages you can obtain. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s practiced team will take immediate action to file a lawsuit and preserve your rights. We will collect all relevant evidence, thoroughly investigate your case, and determine who should be held liable. After carefully evaluating your claim, our skilled attorneys will determine an accurate evaluation of all your damages. Pursing a lawsuit for a serious burn injury is not a process that you should take on alone. It is crucial to have an experienced attorney to help fight for your legal rights and obtain sufficient compensation.
2. How long do I have to file a burn injury lawsuit in New York State? Failure to file a lawsuit within the applicable statute of limitations can bar your right to recover compensation for any damages. We highly suggest contacting the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s elite team immediately to safeguard your legal rights.
3. What are the facts about burn injuries? Some important facts regarding burn injuries include the following:
- a. According to the American Burn Association, every 2 hours and 35 minutes, there is a civilian fire fatality;
- b. Roughly 486,000 burn and fire injury victims were seen in emergency rooms over a recent 5-year period;
- c. The main causes of burn injuries include electricity, scalds, chemicals, fire-flames, and hot objects;
- d. The National Safe Kids Campaign says that almost 75% of all child burns are preventable; and
- e. Each year, over 600 children die from burn injuries and fires.
4. What compensation can I legally recover for my burn injuries? You can legally recover full compensation for all economic and non-economic losses, which may include compensation for both past and future medical costs, rehabilitation expenses, lost wages from missed work, diminished future earning capacity, pain and suffering, loss of companionship, loss of enjoyment, permanent disabilities suffered, scarring, disfigurement, and any other unforeseen damages.
WERE YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SEVERELY BURNED IN AN ACCIDENT IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER, OR OTHER PART OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK BURN ACCIDENT INJURY ATTORNEYS AT (716) 839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU DESERVE!
5. What legal theories can be used to recover compensation for burn injuries? While burn injury accident claims can arise in several ways, most cases are based on the legal theory of negligence. This means that the responsible party owed you a duty of care, the party breached its duty of care, the breach of the duty caused your burn injury, and you suffered actual damages as a result. A party can breach its duty of care in numerous ways, such as a careless action or failing to act. Burn injury lawsuits may also be based on the theory of product liability. These types of claims can emerge when an injury occurs because of a product’s design or manufacturing defect.
6. What rights for financial compensation do I have if I was burned in an accident? Victims of burns injury accidents have the right to pursue recovery for damages through a personal injury lawsuit against the responsible party. Personal injury claims were designed to compensate victims to make them whole again, which means that victims are entitled to full compensation for the full scope of their damages. Compensation greatly depends on the severity, degree, location, and size of their burn. As well as the required medical treatment, any infections encountered, permanent scarring, and disfigurement. Operations such as skin grafts, debridement, and reconstructive surgeries, can be painful, intrusive, and costly.
7. What type of financial compensation have other burn injury victims recovered? When you are searching for an attorney to handle your burn injury claim, you want to know that the attorney has a long history of successfully obtaining large settlements and verdicts for their previous clients. Jed Dietrich, Esq. has aggressively fought to obtain countless settlements and jury verdicts on behalf of his clients who suffered burn injury accidents. Insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq., a proud member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and his seasoned team of burn injury lawyers at least $1,000,000.00 or more 33 times to compensate his clients for their injuries.
8. Whom can I sue in a burn injury lawsuit? Depending on the particular facts surrounding your accident, the defendant could be any person or entity whose negligence or recklessness contributed to your burn injuries, such as another motorist in a car accident, a property owner in a bonfire incident, your child’s school or daycare for failing to supervise, or even a careless beauty salon. Additionally, in product liability cases, manufacturers of products, such as extension cords, vaporizers, hairdryers, and coffee makers can be sued. Regardless of the defendant, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. will aggressively battle to obtain the maximum possible compensation from the liable party.
9. How are burns categorized? Burns are typically classified by four different levels called degrees. The treating doctor will categorize your burn, depending on the severity, as one of the following:
- a. First-Degree Burn: This type of burn only affects the top layer of skin;
- b. Second-Degree Burn: Second-degree burns affect the top layer of skin and at least some of the layers below;
- c. Third-Degree Burn: Third-degree burns typically burn through the dermis and damage the subcutaneous tissue; and
- d. Fourth-Degree Burn: These burns tend to severely damage the nerves, muscle fibers, tendons, and bone.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s expert team is strongly committed to fighting for the rights of burn injury sufferers. We have vast experience in obtaining justice for victims and know how to assertively and unsurprisingly undertake burn injury accident claims. If you, or a loved one, endured a serious burn injury, contact Jed Dietrich, Esq. for a complimentary consultation. Our brilliant team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at (716) 839-3939, or by filling out the online consultation form. We are the aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers who are ready to fight for the compensation that you deserve!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (716) 839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!