Joint and Dislocation Injuries
Each year, there are more than 6 million car accidents throughout the United States, which results in over 3 million injuries. On top of that, there are millions of slip and fall injuries each year, resulting in even more injuries. The violent impact of car accidents and slip and falls commonly results in joint and dislocation injuries.
A joint is a location of the body where two or more bones come together. Dislocations are common injuries suffered by joints and occur when the ends of your bones are forced out of their sockets. This painful and traumatic injury temporarily immobilizes and disfigures the dislocated joint. Dislocations most commonly occur in fingers and shoulder joints. Additionally, knees, elbows and hips are known to suffer dislocation injuries resulting from accidents as well. Severe joint dislocations resulting from an accident can have long-term health implications for victims.
If you, or a loved one, were involved in a car accident or slip and fall accident and suffered a joint injury or dislocation, Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of accident joint injury lawyers in Buffalo, New York here to assist you in making a claim for monetary compensation. Practicing law the Dietrich way, we are determined, disciplined and dedicated to obtaining the best possible result for your personal injury claim. Our team is here to help make this challenging time in your life a little bit easier for you. Trust Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of highly experienced, aggressive, tenacious and hardworking team of Buffalo, New York personal injury attorneys to zealously represent your interests every step of the way. Call us today for your free consultation. Our team is available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week at 716-839-3939, or by filling out the online consultation form.
Common signs and symptoms of dislocated joints may include:
- Limited movement of a joint: The affected limb suffers an immediate loss of mobility until the bone is popped back into its proper position.
- Extreme pain of a joint: Dislocations can sever nerves and tear surrounding tissues, causing immense pain. In addition, there is often extreme discomfort when your bones are not aligned properly.
- Bones visibly out of place: Victims should be able to notice that the bone is out of the socket. Often this is made noticeable by an unusual bump protruding from under the skin.
- Swelling and discoloration of the affected area: Dislocations can cause damage to vital blood vessels, which may cause the surrounding area to bruise.
- Numbness or tingling of the affected area: Severe nerve damage can cause a total loss of feeling in the dislocated area.
These symptoms will likely persist until after the dislocated joint is popped back into place. Thus, if you notice any of the above symptoms after an accident, you should seek immediate medical treatment.
DID YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SUFFER A JOINT DISLOCATION INJURY AS A RESULT OF A CAR ACCIDENT OR SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENT IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL AGGRESSIVE, TENACIOUS AND HARDWORKING BUFFALO, NEW YORK PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY JED DIETRICH, ESQ. TODAY AT 716-839-3939 FOR THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Proper treatment for a joint dislocation does not always consist of just popping the bone back into place. Dislocations can cause immense damage throughout the surrounding area of the joint. Repairing damage to tendons, ligaments and muscles surrounding the dislocated joint can be an extensive, painful and costly process. Treatment for dislocated joints may include:
- Reduction: Reduction involves a doctor positioning the bones back into their normal position after a dislocation.
- Immobilization: The injured area may be immobilized with a brace, sling, splint or cast during the healing process to prevent the joint from moving again.
- Prescription medication: Pain and anti-inflammatory medicines are generally prescribed to reduce joint pain and swelling.
- Physical therapy: Physical therapists may be required to restore the function and mobility of the dislocated joint.
- Surgery: In severe cases, hyperextension of muscles and tendons can cause various tissues to tear. Repairing damaged nerves, blood vessels tendons and ligaments may require extensive surgery.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. recently earned recognition from Three Best Rated as Top 3 Personal Injury Lawyers in Buffalo 2020. Our highly experienced, aggressive, tenacious and hardworking team of Buffalo, New York joint injury accident attorneys fight to obtain the best result possible for your injuries. Contact us today at 716-839-3939 if you were injured in an accident so that we can help you.
Depending on the damage caused by the dislocated joint, it may take several months to fully recover. Even after surgery, victims may permanently suffer from limited mobility, pain and various other complications. Once a joint has been dislocated, it is more much vulnerable to dislocations and other injuries in the future. Even minor accidents and injuries can pop the joint out of place again. Additionally, many victims that previously endured dislocations often suffer from post-traumatic arthritis in the affected joint.
If you were injured in an accident that was caused by another person’s negligence, you may be eligible to pursue monetary compensation for your injuries through a personal injury lawsuit. The skilled Buffalo, New York injury lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. possess the knowledge and skill necessary to thoroughly investigate your personal injury accident and make certain that you are in the best position to obtain compensation for your injuries. Our highly experienced, aggressive, tenacious and hardworking team will systematically investigate your claim to gather evidence to prove that:
- The other person owed you a duty of care;
- The other person breached that duty of care;
- The breach of the duty of care caused your joint or dislocation injury; and
- You suffered actual damages as a result.
If the person that caused your injury was negligent, you may be able to recover monetary compensation for your lost wages, reduced earning capacity, pain and suffering, past and future medical bills and other accident-related losses.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., recognized as a Best Law Firm of America, today at 716-839-3939 for your free consultation if your joint was seriously injured or dislocated in an accident in Buffalo, Rochester, Niagara Falls or elsewhere in New York State. Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq., recognized as a New York Super Lawyer and member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, has exclusively handled serious personal injury cases. Insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his highly experienced, top rated and elite team of accident joint injury lawyers in Buffalo, New York $1,000,000.00, or more, on 33 separate injury claims to compensate his clients for their serious personal injuries. We will work hard to pursue the best result for you. Call us today!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!