Vision Loss After a Car Accident
Human eyes are particularly susceptible to vision loss and other injuries. Unfortunately, many victims of car accidents suffer serious eye injuries. Harms suffered to vision can occur in many different ways during a car crash. Car accidents often involve high-speed airbag deployment, hazardous chemicals and particles of debris from airbags being thrown around, shattering glass, head injuries and many other dangers. Approximately 20-40 percent of people that suffer from traumatic brain injuries also endure connected vision disorders. Even minor car accidents can leave victims with eye injuries, temporary blindness, visual impairment or permanent loss of sight. When a car accident causes vision loss, it can drastically change a victim’s way of life. We at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. empathize with the catastrophic consequences that vision loss can have on a victim.
If you, or a loved one, have suffered vision loss in a car accident, it is crucial to seek immediate medical treatment. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his compassionate team of vision loss car accident lawyers in Buffalo, New York are here to take care of your legal matters for you. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C., which recently earned recognition from Expertise LLC as Best Car Accident Lawyers in Buffalo 2019, will battle to obtain the best possible result for those suffering eye injuries in Buffalo, New York; Rochester, New York; Niagara Falls, New York and throughout New York State. Insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq. in excess of $150 million to resolve injury claims. Our team is available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week at 716-839-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form. Call us today!
It is all too easy for a victim’s eyesight to be affected in a car accident. While some minor eye injuries may gradually heal, many can cause complete loss of vision. Some examples of eye injuries caused by car accidents include:
- Abrasions to the eye: When a car crash occurs, there is a high risk that debris will hit victims. The debris can bring about abrasions when small pieces of debris scratch a victim’s eye.
- Laceration or penetration of the eye: When a collision happens, the sheer power of the impact can shatter various objects inside and outside a vehicle. These foreign matters such as broken pieces of glass, metal shards and plastic fragments can be violently propelled at victims. When this occurs, a foreign object can easily penetrate a victim’s eyes, badly damaging his or her eyesight. Although doctors may be able to remove the object, oftentimes they cannot reverse the injury caused by the object piercing the eye.
- Black eyes: The force of a car accident may throw occupants into the dashboard, steering wheel or other rigid surfaces. Or else, the airbag may forcefully hit the victim’s face as it deploys. When the area around an eye is hit by or strikes an object, swelling around the eye can damage it or block vision. While many people believe black eyes are minor injuries, they can disguise other eye injuries and even lead to serious vision issues on their own.
- Blows to the head: Blows to the head suffered in a collision can have lifelong effects on a victim’s eyesight. A hard blow to the head can injure portions of the brain responsible for vision or cause optic nerve damage.
- Tears and detachments: The intensity of a car accident can cause retinal detachment as the eyes are exposed to high forces. Victims may experience blurred vision, flashes of light and other visual effects. Although doctors may be able to mend the damage, if this injury is untreated, victims can suffer permanent blindness.
- Airbag-related injuries: While airbags can save lives, defective airbags can send chemicals or dust into a victim’s eyes, which can cause abrasions, irritation and chemical burns.
Practicing law the Dietrich way, we are: determined, disciplined and dedicated to providing the highest level of personal injury service to the people of Buffalo, New York and beyond. The Buffalo, New York car accident eye injury attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. understand how to properly and aggressively pursue your car accident injury claims. We will zealously fight to obtain the best possible result for your injuries. Call us today at 716-839-3939 so we can begin the fight for you!
A majority of people take their eyesight for granted and cannot ever imagine being blinded. Nevertheless, a victim’s vision can be partially or fully taken away because of the effects of a car accident. The force of a collision could impair eyesight either temporarily or permanently. Regardless of whether the vision loss is only partial or temporary, the impact on a victim’s life can be devastating.
When a car accident and resulting loss of vision were caused by another person’s negligence, the victim may be entitled to damages. Victims can pursue compensation through a personal injury lawsuit for:
- Medical Expenses and Treatment: Eye injuries often leave victims to bear the exorbitant costs for surgery and rehabilitation. Your claim can include all past and future damages for the treatment of eye injuries.
- Lost Income: Vision impairment or loss can negatively impact your career and means of support. Victims may miss work, lose their jobs or be unable to pursue future career opportunities depending on the seriousness of their condition. You may be able to recover compensation for both current lost wages as well as diminished earning capacity.
- Pain and Suffering: Eye injuries can result in long-term physical and emotional pain that victims can be compensated for. Vision loss can uproot a victim’s life, completely changing how a person lives and functions day-to-day. Further, vision loss can bring about severe psychological trauma such as anxiety or depression.
DID YOU SUFFER VISION LOSS IN A CAR ACCIDENT CAUSED BY ANOTHER’S NEGLIGENCE IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER OR ELSEWHERE IN NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND ELITE TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK VISION LOSS CAR ACCIDENT INJURY LAWYERS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!