Hand and Wrist Injuries
The hand and wrist are made up of 27 bones as well as various joints, muscles, nerves, tendons and ligaments. The hands are extraordinary components of human anatomy that are constantly utilized throughout life. Hand and wrist injuries can be very painful and inhibit victims from performing even the simplest daily tasks. Not to mention, without optimal use of their hands, some people may not be able to work or earn a living. Even relatively minor hand or wrist injuries can cause severe pain, loss of mobility and weakness. Depending on the severity of the injury, it may take a considerable amount of time to fully heal. Treatment can encompass pain medications, physical and occupational therapy or surgical and other procedures. If you, or a loved one, suffered a serious hand or wrist injury, it is important to carefully consider your legal options. Your injury could have a devastating impact on your future.
Jed Dietrich, Esq., a Top 3 Personal Injury Lawyer in Buffalo 2020 and Best Lawyer of America, and his highly rated team of lawyers and paralegals battle for people injured in falls and other accidents in Buffalo, New York. Jed Dietrich, Esq. has exclusively handled serious personal injury cases throughout the United States since 1999, and he and his team of hand and wrist injury lawyers in Buffalo, New York will battle for the compensation that you deserve for the injuries that you suffered in an accident. This may include monetary compensation for your medical bills, lost time from work and pain and suffering. Our team is available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week at 716-839-3939 or by filling out our online consultation form. Call us today, we are here to help you!
- Slip and fall accidents: The most common cause of a broken wrist is falling—especially when the victim attempts to stop the fall. When people slip or lose their balance on wet floors or broken stairs, placing their hands out to break their fall is an instinctive reaction. Unfortunately, this often results in severe breaks (also known as fractures). If your injury happened on the premises of an apartment building, retail business, restaurant, parking lot or other property, you may be able to pursue a premises liability lawsuit against the responsible party.
- Car accidents: The impact against a steering wheel, windshield, airbag or other parts of the vehicle in a car accident can cause fractures of the hands and wrists. Trauma from a crash can dislocate finger joints. Hyperextension or blunt trauma may also result from sprains in the ligaments. If your hand or wrist injuries occurred in a car accident caused by a negligent driver, you may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit.
- Bicycle and Motorcycle Accidents: Bicyclists and motorcyclists are particularly vulnerable to suffering wrist and hand injuries—especially if they put out their arms, after an accident, in an attempt to minimize the impact from slamming into the pavement. This could also result in road rash. If you suffered hand or wrist injuries in a bicycle or motorcycle accident caused by another driver’s negligence, you may be eligible for compensation.
DID YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SUFFER WRIST OR HAND INJURIES AS A RESULT OF A FALL OR OTHER ACCIDENT IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER OR ELSEWHERE IN NEW YORK STATE?
CALL AGGRESSIVE, TENACIOUS AND HARDWORKING BUFFALO, NEW YORK PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK WRIST AND HAND INJURY ACCIDENT LAWYERS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
The following are some frequently occurring types of accidents that result in hand and wrist injuries:The number of bones throughout the hands and wrists, together with their relative delicateness, makes for a wide range of potential injuries. Wrist and hand injuries commonly include the following:
- Fractures and breaks: The scaphoid bone on the inner thumb side of the wrist, the radius bone of the forearm and the phalanges bones are particularly susceptible to fractures and breaks. Symptoms of fractures may include stiffness, swelling, deformed-appearing areas of the hand or bruising. Unfortunately, many people do not seek proper medical treatment for broken hands and wrists. When not treated by a medical professional, breaks may not heal properly and affect future wrist functioning. Treatments for fractures and breaks typically include immobilization or surgery. Depending on the severity it may take several months to fully recover. Nevertheless, victims of fractures and breaks sometimes suffer complications such as nerve damage and osteoarthritis, which can significantly extend recovery time.
- Sprains: Falls and other accidents can result in overstretching and tearing of connective tissues or ligaments in the fingers, thumbs or wrist. Symptoms may consist of pain, tenderness and swelling. While mild sprains can be treated with ice, more serious sprains may necessitate immobilization or surgery. Sprain victims usually fully recover within several months.
- Dislocations: Connective tissues can be torn, displaced and bones can be separated from the impact of a fall or accident. Dislocations often require immobilization for a period of time so that the bones or ligaments can be set in place.
- Wrist impactions/impingements: Pinching or compression of the wrist’s joints, which can be caused by falling onto an outstretched hand, commonly results in excruciating pain.
- TFCC tears: Falling and other types of accidents that cause side bending or twisting of the outward wrist joint (the triangular fibrocartilaginous complex). The twisting or bending can cause injury to the cartilage tissues.
For all of the above injuries, accident victims should see an orthopedist. Orthopedists are doctors who specialize in diagnosing and treating disorders of joints, bones, muscles, tendons and ligaments.
Insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his highly experienced, top rated and elite team of Buffalo, New York hand and wrist accident injury lawyers in excess of $175,000,000.00 in verdicts and settlements to compensate his clients for their serious personal injuries resulting from an accident. Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., recognized as an American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Personal Injury Law Firm, TODAY at 716-839-3939 for a free consultation if you were seriously injured in an accident. We are available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week, and there is never a fee unless we win for you!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!