The Top Rated Team of Personal Injury Lawyers and Paralegals at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Fight to Obtain the Optimal Results for Riders Suffering Road Rash Injuries Resulting from Buffalo, New York Motorcycle Accidents.
In the event of an accident, motorcyclists often have little to no protection to prevent serious injuries to their bodies. Riders can be suddenly thrown off their motorcycles or violently dragged against the pavement for long distances. In both cases, riders typically suffer from varying degrees of road rash.
Road rash is one of the most excruciating, weakening and traumatic injuries motorcycle riders can suffer. Damages often include emotional distress, life-long disability and agonizing suffering. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his top rated team of Buffalo, New York road rash injury attorneys recognize the devastating impact of these crashes and have represented numerous motorcycle accident injury victims whose lives were turned upside down as a result of their terrible injuries, including road rash. Tragic injuries inspire Jed Dietrich, Esq. to strive to provide the highest level of personal injury service to the people of Buffalo, New York every single day. Jed Dietrich, Esq. fights daily to get injured motorcyclists the highest compensation possible for their injuries.
Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has battled to obtain over $175 Million in verdicts and settlements for people injured by the actions of another in Buffalo, New York and beyond. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s team of aggressive and tenacious Buffalo, New York motorcycle accident lawyers will pursue the best result possible for motorcycle accident victims. Our honorable commitment to exceeding your expectations and delivering an excellent outcome is what sets us apart from the competition. Contact our team today at 716-839-3939 for more information about how we can help you!
When a motorcycle accident causes a rider to be tossed off his or her motorcycle or dragged along the pavement, the rider’s skin can rub against the surface of the road for a lengthy distance. Although most riders typically cover their bodies in protective gear, most leather or other materials cannot fully protect against road rash.
Road rash can result in the rider’s skin being torn off and severe damage to the tissue underneath. In the most extreme cases of road rash, the skin and tissues are ripped off all the way to the bone. Road rash injuries have three different degrees including:
- First Degree Road Rash: These are relatively “minor” injuries caused by road rash, including grazes, chafing, cuts and redness of the skin. The majority of riders that get first degree road rash can recover without the assistance of a doctor. These riders must take care of their wounds to avoid infection while in the process of healing.
- Second Degree Road Rash: The second degree of seriousness is when the road rash causes the skin to break, but does not impact the deep tissue. Symptoms include pain, irritation, bleeding and swelling. Victims suffering from second degree road rash should seek medical treatment. Most riders can fully recover with no permanent scarring.
- Third Degree Road Rash: Third degree road rash is the most serious and devastating injury of the three. Victims often have almost total loss of their skin. Their deep tissue underneath the skin, including muscle, fat, bone and cartilage, is completely exposed and left unprotected. Muscles can be ripped completely off the bones. Additionally, life-threatening complications, such as infections, are often associated with this road rash. Victims may require amputations, multiple skin grafts and other surgical repairs. These road rash injuries can impact victims for a lifetime, causing permanent scarring, disfigurement and the need for continuous medical care.
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident caused by someone else’s negligence, call highly experienced, aggressive, tenacious and hardworking Buffalo, New York road rash injury lawyer, Jed Dietrich, Esq., for the help that you need! The Dietrich Law Firm P.C., a Best Law Firm of America, is available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week at 716-839-3939 to help you. Call us today!
While cars are equipped with safety mechanisms to protect the occupants, most motorcycles are outfitted with only few safety features, if any. Motorcyclists are forced to trust in the helmets, jackets, gloves and boots that they are wearing to protect them from serious injury.
Road rash injuries are wide-ranging, from minor cuts to total exposure of the bone. Additionally, riders that suffer from road rash usually experience other injuries connected with it, including:
- Lacerations and other surface injuries: Cuts, scrapes and open wounds can result from the rapid grazing of the skin across the pavement of the road. These may require medical treatment and stitches to close up the wound.
- Compression Injuries: Excessive force when the rider is trapped between the motorcycle and the ground can cause broken or crushed bones, severed limbs and deep puncture wounds from objects.
- Avulsion Injuries: These injuries occur when the skin is completely ripped off, exposing fat tissue, muscle and bone. Victims must be especially careful with avulsion injuries, because they come with a high risk of infection.
- Emotional Trauma: Road rash victims commonly agonize with self-esteem problems because their scars, loss of a limb or severe disfigurements have permanently distorted their appearances. These changes may make it challenging to return to work or continue their social lives as normal. The emotional instability or depression that can result during the adjustment period for being disabled or disfigured are mentally exhausting.
If you suffered a road rash injury in a motorcycle accident caused by someone else’s negligence on the road, contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., recognized as a Best Law Firm of America, today at 716-839-3939. Our team of highly experienced and top rated road rash injury attorneys in Buffalo, New York fight for the compensation that you deserve for the injuries that you suffered. This may include money to pay for your medical bills, lost time from work and pain and suffering. Call us today so that we can help you. We never get paid unless we WIN for you!
Severe cases of road rash often leave victims with catastrophic health problems that require expensive medical treatments and extensive recovery times. Road rash victims could end up losing income from not being able to work and encountering financial difficulties.
In such tragic cases, full compensation for all economic and noneconomic losses will be critical to the road rash victim’s welfare. People injured in motorcycle accidents can pursue recovery for the damages they sustained including, but not limited to, their lost income, diminished future earning capacity, medical treatment expenses, pain and suffering, permanent disability, disfigurement and emotional trauma, by initiating a personal injury lawsuit. Furthermore, if you lost a family member in a motorcycle accident, although nothing can truly make up for the loss of a loved one, you may be able to file a wrongful death claim.
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, contact Jed Dietrich, Esq., recognized as a Best Lawyer of America and New York Super Lawyer, today! By acting swiftly, you can ensure that your rights are protected and allow you to concentrate on your healing. Our team of Buffalo, New York road rash injury lawyers will review your case to determine the best way to pursue the compensation that you deserve for your damages. Contact us today at 716-389-3939!
DID YOU SUFFER A ROAD RASH INJURY IN A MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT CAUSED BY A NEGLIGENT DRIVER IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT INJURY LAWYERS IN BUFFALO, NEW YORK AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!