Hit-and-Run Motorcycle Accident
Jed Dietrich, Esq. and His Elite Team of Lawyers and Paralegals at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Fight to Obtain the Best Result for People Injured in Hit-and-Run Motorcycle Accidents in Buffalo, New York.
Motorcycles are often difficult for drivers of other vehicles to notice. As a result, motorcyclists are involved in a disproportionate number of accidents and are greatly overrepresented in traffic deaths.
Unfortunately, not every driver that collides into a rider will stop to offer help. Hit-and-run crashes are terrible whenever they occur. Generally, hit-and-run drivers are scared of facing the possible penalties of the accident and injuries they caused. These drivers are insensitive enough to flee the scene of an accident, often leaving motorcyclists seriously injured or even dead, instead of stopping to, not only follow the law, but also to do the right thing.
According to a recent study conducted by the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety, fatalities resulting from hit-and-run crashes throughout the United States are at an all-time high. In 2016, 2,049 people lost their lives after being involved in hit-and-run accidents, which is a 62% increase from 2009. Moreover, 2016 was the deadliest year since the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) first began compiling statistics in 1975. Tragic stories of hit-and-run motorcycle accidents are heartbreaking and are becoming more prevalent in Buffalo, New York and throughout New York State. These incidents inspire Jed Dietrich, Esq. to strive to provide the highest level of personal injury service to the people of Western New York each and every day to get them the highest possible compensation for their injuries.
Victims of a hit-and-run motorcycle accidents are not completely without legal options. There are still several methods for victims to pursue compensation for their injuries. Nevertheless, being involved in a hit-and-run accident makes seeking compensation a little more complicated. You do not want to face the insurance company alone! Call Jed Dietrich, Esq., recognized as a Best Lawyer of America and New York Super Lawyer, and the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s team of highly experienced hit-and-run motorcycle accident lawyers in Buffalo, New York so that we can fight for the compensation you deserve after a hit-and-run motorcycle accident injury.
Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has battled to obtain over $150 Million in verdicts and settlements for people who were injured because of someone else's negligence in Buffalo, New York and beyond. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s team of highly experienced and top rated Buffalo, New York hit-and-run motorcycle accident attorneys will strive to obtain the best result possible for motorcycle accident victims. Our admirable dedication to go above and beyond for our clients and produce exceptional results is one of the many aspects that sets us apart from the competition. Contact us today at 716-839-3939 for your free consultation.
A majority of motorcycle crashes are caused by the negligence or recklessness of other drivers, and hit-and-run accidents are no different. Other vehicles frequently show little regard for motorcyclists and veer into their lanes. Some of the most common causes of hit-and-run motorcycle accidents include the following:
- Road rage;
- Overly aggressive drivers;
- Tailgating behind motorcyclists;
- Driving drunk or under the influence of drugs;
- Distracted drivers; and
- Vehicles failing to check their blind spots before switching lanes.
If you were injured in a hit-and-run motorcycle accident caused by someone else’s negligence or recklessness, call highly experienced, aggressive, tenacious and hardworking Buffalo, New York hit-and-run motorcycle accident injury lawyer, Jed Dietrich, Esq., for the help that you need! The Dietrich Law Firm P.C., recognized as a Best Law Firm of America, is available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week at 716-839-3939 to help you. Call us today!
When another driver leaves the scene of a motorcycle accident, the first priority of the motorcyclist, or anyone else that may be injured, should be to seek emergency medical assistance. If you are able to, call 911 immediately and tell the operator you were involved in a hit-and-run accident.
Committing a hit-and-run is a serious crime and fleeing drivers can be a hazard to everyone around them. Often, the police will be able to locate the fleeing driver after interviewing witnesses and watching video surveillance. While the police are performing their duties and collecting evidence, it is always helpful if you can provide additional information. The following may be able to assist police officers with their investigation and strengthen your personal injury claim:
- Write down notes: Grab a pen and paper, or use your cell phone, and jot down every detail you can remember. Important details may include, but are not limited to, the make and model of the hit-and-run vehicle, any portion of the license plate that you can remember or a description of the driver. This information is often quickly forgotten, so taking notes can preserve these important details.
- Take photos: Taking pictures and/or videos of the scene of the accident, damage to your motorcycle, as well as any other property, and your injuries will help document your personal injury claim.
- Talk to witnesses: Bystanders nearby may have seen crucial details regarding the accident. Witnesses often have different vantage points and since the trauma did not occur to them, their memories may be clearer. Witnesses have first-hand knowledge of how the accident happened and may be able to confirm your side of the story, which is especially important if the insurance company attempts to place blame on you.
- Call your insurance company: Aside from who caused the crash, your own insurance policy likely requires you to give your insurance company timely notice of an accident and potential claim.
- Keep receipts: Make certain to maintain a record of all receipts regarding costs associated with the crash, including all repairs, towing, medical treatments and any other expenses.
- Never attempt to chase the driver: Witnessing a driver flee the scene of an accident can be an overwhelming experience. Nevertheless, it is important to remain calm and let the police do their job. You should never try to chase the hit-and-run driver, even if he or she is likely to get away.
- Seek medical attention: Even if you do not think you are seriously injured, seek immediate medical attention. A doctor can examine you and make sure that you are on the road to a proper recovery.
- Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. at 716-839-3939: After an accident, an injured person can be faced with the overwhelming task of filling out forms, answering telephone calls and sorting through medical bills. You do not have to go through this alone! Contact our compassionate, aggressive, tenacious and hardworking team of Buffalo, New York accident lawyers today so that we can help you.
WERE YOU INJURED IN A HIT-AND-RUN MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT CAUSED BY A NEGLIGENT DRIVER IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT INJURY LAWYERS IN BUFFALO, NEW YORK AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
If you, or a loved one, were involved in a hit-and-run motorcycle accident, you are probably wondering what options may be available. Most hit-and-run motorcycle victims cannot possibly afford to pay for their medical expenses and other damages. In a majority of other hit-and-run accidents, victims can depend on personal injury protection (PIP) insurance. Unfortunately, in the State of New York motorcyclists are not covered by PIP.
Hit-and-run motorcycle accident victims are left with several options:
- Uninsured motorist coverage: If you purchased uninsured motorist (UM) coverage, you will be able to recover damages up to your policy limits. UM coverage can be expended rather quickly for more serious injuries. If the police locate the responsible driver and he or she does not have insurance, you will be covered.
- Medical payments coverage: Medical payments (MedPay) coverage, which is optional, can assist with paying your medical expenses to your policy limits.
- Health insurance: After both UM and MedPay coverages are used, if you carry conventional health insurance, they may cover some of your medical costs. It is important to review your insurance policy because some policies explicitly bar coverage related to motor vehicle crashes. The rationale behind this is that your car insurance company should bear the burden of these expenses.
- File a claim or lawsuit: If the police are able to locate the hit-and-run driver, you can file a claim with his or her insurance company. Regretfully, in many hit-and-run crashes, drivers flee because they do not have insurance. If the driver was uninsured, you can file a lawsuit directly against the driver.
If you, or a loved one, were injured in a hit-and-run motorcycle accident, you want an experienced Buffalo, New York personal injury lawyer like Jed Dietrich, Esq. on your side. Attempting to handle a personal injury claim on your own can be overwhelming and failure to act fast might result in the denial of your claim. There are strict time constraints applicable to personal injury claims, so contact Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of top rated hit-and-run motorcycle accident lawyers in Buffalo, New York today to obtain the help that you need. Our team is available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week at 716-839-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!