Failure to Yield Motorcycle Accident
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Recognized as a Best Lawyer of America and New York Super Lawyer, and His Team of Aggressive, Tenacious, and Hardworking Lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Fight to Obtain the Best Result for Victims of Failure to Yield Motorcycle Accidents in Buffalo, New York; Niagara Falls, New York; Rochester, New York; Throughout New York State and Beyond.
Motorcycles are among the most dangerous vehicles to operate on the roads and highways of Western New York. Riders are much harder to notice than other larger vehicles. Even when other motorists see a motorcyclist, they may still misjudge its distance and speed. Drivers of other vehicles are required to obey the same right-of-way rules as bikers. However, other motorists regularly fail to recognize or follow these rights and routinely violate bikers’ rights-of-way. Approximately two-thirds of all accidents involving motorcycles result from other vehicles encroaching on a motorcyclist’s right-of-way. Sadly, bikers are almost always the injured party in failure to yield motorcycle crashes. Motorcyclists can suffer serious injuries, such as total paralysis, internal organ damage, brain damage, and even death.
One of the most common causes of motorcycle crashes throughout the country is other motorists’ failure to yield. When this failure to yield results in an accident, the biker may be able to bring a negligence per se claim against the responsible motorist. Failure to yield is not only reckless but is also a violation of the New York State Vehicle and Traffic Law. Motorcycle collisions caused by a driver’s failure to yield can result in tragic losses for the biker and, ultimately, his or her loved ones. Regardless of how a right-of-way accident transpires, motorcyclists are generally struck from the side. The sheer impact can catapult a biker from their motorcycle or crush them against another car. Since motorcycles afford riders with very few protections, the damages can be devastating. If you, or a loved one, suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident due to another’s failure to yield, you may have a legal right to compensation.
Jed Dietrich, Esq. founded the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. in 2005 with a mission to provide the highest level of personal injury service to victims. Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has exclusively handled serious personal injury cases. Over time, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has seen the devastating impact that motorcycle accidents can have on a victim’s life, ranging from serious injuries to death. The best of the best at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. understand the emotional trauma and impediments that these injuries can cause.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s top rated and elite team of Buffalo, New York failure to yield motorcycle accident lawyers, is here to assist you in rebuilding everything you have lost by asserting your legal rights. Distinguished as a Best Law Firm of America and honored with a Better Business Bureau A+ Rating, our outstanding law firm will fight to obtain the best result for your injuries and resulting damages. Insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq. $1,000,000.00 or more 33 times to compensate his clients for their injuries. Our highly qualified team is available for your free consultation 24 hours per day and 7 days per week by calling 716-839-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form. Contact us today so that we can help you!Reasons That Failure to Yield Motorcycle Accidents Occur
Failure to yield motorcycle collisions can occur when motorcyclists are riding down the street, and another motorist is entering the roadway from a driveway or parking lot, when a biker is proceeding through a four-way stop, or when a driver and rider are both going through the same intersection. Some common causes of failure to yield motorcycle crashes include:
- Driver Distraction: It is not unusual for distracted drivers to fail to yield for motorcycles. These types of accidents typically occur when other drivers are not paying attention. Texting or talking on a cell phone, changing the music, eating behind the wheel, attending to children, or daydreaming are all examples of distractions that can cause motorcycle collisions.
- Failure to See the Biker: Oftentimes, motorists make turns or proceed through intersections without ever noticing oncoming motorcyclists. This may be caused by the motorist’s failure to look carefully and various other factors such as lack of lights on the bike, poor visibility, or poor eyesight. In some cases, other vehicles driving through the intersection directly before the biker can obstruct other motorists’ vision of the motorcycle. Giving drivers a false impression that the intersection is clear to proceed. Furthermore, due to the slim size of motorcycles, they can be harder to notice and easier to overlook.
- Driver Impairment: Drivers may fail to yield at intersections or in other situations because they are impaired from drinking alcohol, taking prescription medication, or using of illegal drugs. Impaired drivers endanger all other motorists on the road because their vision, awareness of surroundings, coordination, perception, and reaction times are all significantly impacted. When an impaired motorist causes a motorcycle accident, the impaired driver should be held responsible for any harm that the motorcyclist suffers.
- Reckless Driving: Intentionally running stop signs, accelerating as lights change, speeding, driving erratically, or assuming the right of way are all various types of aggressive driving These types of behaviors greatly increase the risk of crashing.
WERE YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SERIOUSLY INJURED DUE TO A FAILURE TO YIELD MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT INJURY LAWYERS AT 716-839-3939NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU DESERVE!
Failure to yield the right of way has been cited as the primary cause of nearly 18% percent of all motorcycle accidents in New York State. Generally, the at-fault driver in the crash is a car, truck, or bus driver that infringed on the biker’s right of way. The New York State Driver’s Manual cautions motorists to always watch out for motorcyclists, especially while turning and driving through intersections. Victims of failure to yield motorcycle collisions resulting from someone else’s negligence may be entitled to monetary compensation for their injuries. Our highly experienced, aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking team will meticulously investigate your claim to gather evidence to prove that the other party was responsible for your accident. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. will establish liability for your injuries by proving the following legal elements:
- The other driver owed you a duty of care: All motorists are legally obligated to drive with reasonable care to avoid injuring others on the road.
- The driver breached that duty of care by acting negligently and failing to yield: When a driver violates the speed limit, uses their phone while driving, drives under the influence, or otherwise acts negligently, they breach their duty of care.
- The breach of the duty of care caused the accident and resulting injuries: If another driver’s breach of duty causes an accident, they could be held liable for all of the injuries sustained by the motorcyclist.
- You consequently suffered actual damages: If you suffered motorcycle damage, lost wages, costly medical bills, pain and suffering, or loss of consortium, the other driver can be held liable.
If you, or a loved one, have suffered from harm caused by a failure to yield motorcycle collision, you should contact Jed Dietrich, Esq., acclaimed as an American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Attorneys, and his top rated team of Buffalo, New York motorcycle accident attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. to learn more about your legal rights. You may have the right to seek monetary compensation for your past and future medical bills, lost wages from work, pain and suffering, and reduced earning capacity. Insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq. over $175,000,000.00 in verdicts and settlements to compensate his clients for their serious personal injuries. Our honorable commitment to exceeding your expectations and delivering an excellent outcome sets us apart from the competition. Contact us today at 716-839-3939 to find out more about how we can help you!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!