3 FAQs After A Motorcycle Accident In Buffalo, New York
- Do I Need a Lawyer Because of a Motorcycle Accident Injury?
- How Much is My Motorcycle Accident Injury Case Worth?
- What Should I do After a Motorcycle Accident?
YES! After a motorcycle accident injury in Buffalo, Rochester, Niagara Falls or throughout New York State, there are strict deadlines to file a personal injury claim. Failure to take the appropriate steps to preserve your legal rights could result in your inability to file a claim and receive the compensation that you were entitled to. Therefore, you must ACT FAST to make sure that you are protected. Contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. at 716-839-3939 so that we can preserve your rights.
Please note that the following deadlines are generally applicable to claims for motorcycle accident injuries in New York State:
- Three years from the date of the collision for claims of negligence causing personal injury; and
- Two years from the date of death for a wrongful death action.
Every case has a unique set of circumstances that will determine how much money an injured motorcyclist's case is worth. Nonetheless, there are certain factors that lawyers, insurance companies or a jury might take into consideration when determining the value of a case. Often, they consider the following:
- The diagnosis and the extent of the motorcyclist’s injuries;
- Whether the motorcyclist’s injuries are permanent;
- The medical treatment and pain and suffering that the motorcyclist endured;
- Whether the motorcyclist was unable to work as a result of his or her injuries caused by the motorcycle accident;
- Whether the motorcyclist lost enjoyment of their life or could not engage in their normal, day-to-day activities because of the physical or mental anguish that they suffered; and
- Whether the motorcyclist’s own act or negligence was a contributing factor to his or her injuries.
- Move to a safe place;
- Determine if you are injured and seek emergency medical assistance if needed;
- Call the police and create a report;
- Take cell phone videos and photographs of the location of the accident, the vehicles involved and any injuries that resulted;
- Identify and collect contact information of all witnesses; and
- Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately for top rated motorcycle accident representation in Buffalo, New York.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!