Motorcycle Safety Gear In Buffalo, New York
Contact Jed Dietrich, Esq., Recognized as a Best Lawyer of America and New York Super Lawyer, if You Were Injured in a Motorcycle Accident in Buffalo, New York; Niagara Falls, New York; Rochester, New York or Throughout New York State.
Every day Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his top rated team of Buffalo, New York motorcycle accident attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. strive daily to provide a superior level of personal injury representation to injured motorcyclists throughout the Western New York area.
Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has exclusively represented victims of accidents that resulted in serious injuries. Throughout the years, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has seen the devastating impact that a motorcycle accident can have on a person’s life. After an accident, a motorcyclist can suffer serious bodily injuries or even death, lose time from work and face expensive medical bills piling up. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. recognizes how difficult the days, months and even years after a motorcycle accident can be. We aim to help ease the legal burdens that you will face so that you can spend time recovering.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s team of motorcycle accident injury lawyers in Buffalo, New York is highly experienced, aggressive, tenacious and hardworking. We are dedicated to obtaining winning results for injured motorcyclists in Buffalo, New York; Rochester, New York; Niagara Falls, New York and beyond. Our team of top rated personal injury lawyers will fight for the compensation that you deserve for your injuries. Insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq. over $175,000,000.00 in verdicts and settlements to resolve personal injury claims. Contact us today at 716-839-3939 for your free consultation.
Motorcycles lack all of the protection that enclosed vehicles possess, so the probability of motorcyclists being seriously injured or killed is much higher. In 2016, per traveled mile, motorcyclists’ deaths were almost 28 times the number of any other vehicles.
In order to improve your chances of avoiding serious injury or death after a motorcycle accident, it is best to wear adequate safety gear that is designed to protect motorcyclists. Below is a list of all the safety gear riders should wear:
- A Fitted Helmet: Investing in the highest safety rated helmet is advisable. A full-face helmet will offer the greatest level of protection. Studies show that about 40% of direct impacts take place on the face, while less than 1% occur to the top of the head. Ensure that your helmet fits snugly enough on your head so that it cannot be rotated and has no noticeable pressure points. Also, you should avoid buying a used helmet and discard your own helmet if it was involved in a wreck. A helmet that was involved in an accident can absorb some of the impact of the collision and may have issues with its inner protective padding as a result. This can make the helmet significantly less effective in the event of another crash.
- A Secure Jacket: Jackets are meant to protect the body of the motorcyclist. A proper protective jacket should contain double seams to prevent the stitching from tearing apart. Effective safety jackets are made with special material to absorb the impact of a crash and safeguard delicate body parts. Although a good motorcycle jacket may be expensive, it is worth it to prevent serious injury or road rash to your body. You should ensure that your jacket has a CE safety rating.
- A Helite Airbag Vest: Helite airbag protection is an advanced technology system to protect motorcycle riders. The Helite airbag vest is a vest that contains airbags, which mainly aim to protect the rider’s neck. Click here to see a YouTube video of a rider who was wearing an airbag protection device, got up and walked away from the accident.
- Protective Pants: Motorcycle protective pants should be comfortable enough for the rider to move his or her legs around, but must fit snugly. Before buying pants, sit on a motorcycle to test them out. The rider’s ability to zip his or her pants to the jacket offers additional protection. Protective pants should contain CE-rated armor to protect shins, knees and hips. For the most protection, riders should think about purchasing a full head-to-toe riding outfit.
- Durable Gloves: Gloves should come with a wrist strap to prevent them from coming off. Gloves should cover your whole hand and not have any space in-between your jacket and gloves. No skin should ever be exposed. Gloves made from tough materials, such as Kevlar, provide the best protection against road rash.
- Robust Boots: Boots should offer solid ankle support, be made from an oil-resistant material and contain soles made from non-slip materials. The soles should contain metal plates, which help prevent twisting of the foot and ankle. Additionally, the laces of the boots should be able to securely fasten above the ankle.
- Non-Synthetic Clothing: Make sure to wear clothing that is made from natural more durable fibers, such as leather or cotton, and avoid wearing clothing made of synthetic materials. Clothes created specifically for motorcyclists usually will not melt when exposed to friction and are flame resistant.
WERE YOU, OR SOMEONE YOU LOVE, INJURED FOLLOWING A MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT THAT WAS NOT THEIR FAULT IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER OR THROUGHOUT NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS ELITE TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS AT 716-839-3939 TODAY TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED TO GET THE COMPENSATION THAT YOU DESERVE!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!