Elite Orchard Park Motorcycle Accident Injury Lawyers
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Distinguished as a New York Super Lawyer and American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year, and His Team of Hard-Hitting, Tenacious, and Painstaking Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., Fight to Get the Best Results for Victims Seriously Injured in Motorcycle Collisions in Orchard Park, New York, and Beyond.
Whether you are cruising around the numerous orchards that led to the village’s name or you are on your way home from a Buffalo Bills game, Orchard Park motorcycle accidents can be devastating. Most passenger vehicles are equipped with various mechanisms to protect occupants, such as airbags, seatbelts, and automatic emergency braking. Motorcycles lack these basic protections, making bikers extremely vulnerable. Additionally, riding a motorcycle demands a unique combination of physical and mental abilities. Roughly 25 percent of all motorcycle accidents are due to collisions with one or more fixed objects. In the unfortunate event of an accident, motorcyclists are highly susceptible to suffering catastrophic injuries or worse. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in a recent year alone, over 5,000 motorcyclists suffered fatal injuries in accidents. While motorcycles only account for 3% of all registered vehicles, bikers are responsible for 11% of all crashes and 14% of all traffic-related deaths.
Even when riders are fortunate enough to survive, they may endure life-changing injuries, such as road rash, internal organ damage, complete paralysis, traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), and quadriplegia. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s leading motorcycle accident injury attorneys have seen the destructive aftermath that terrible injuries can have on motorcyclists. Filing an injury claim against those who are responsible may be the most important thing you ever do. Therefore, it is important to retain the best possible attorney. The Dietrich Legal Team has the experience necessary to determine liability and build a rock-solid case.
We would be honored to speak with you about your motorcycle collision. Our best-of-the-best team is available twenty-four hours per day, seven days per week, at (716) 839-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form. The best part is that there is never any fee unless we recover compensation for you.Adequate Planning Before Riding Your Motorcycle
Riding a motorcycle presents a unique set of challenges that bikers need to be properly prepared to manage. Motorcyclists must learn how to ride safely and hone their skill sets. It is important to devise a plan to prepare before each ride. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s veteran attorneys recommend the following steps:
- Take a Safety Course: More than 40 percent of all fatal crashes involve improperly licensed motorcyclists. Inexperienced bikers have a much higher risk of wiping out or losing control. All new bikers should take a basic riding course to get more comfortable. There are also advanced classes for experienced motorcyclists to refine their skills.
- Select a Suitable Motorcycle: Depending on a bike’s intended use, motorcycles come in many different styles. When choosing a bike, it is important to buy a bike that is meant for your intended purpose and that you can handle safely. Before every ride, you should inspect your motorcycle to ensure it is in good working condition.
- Obtain Insurance: Traditional No-Fault insurance policies exclude motorcyclists and their passengers. Thus, one of the most imperative things that you can do is obtain a comprehensive motorcycle insurance policy. In the event of an accident, this will provide substantial benefits and save you from paying costly medical bills.
- Wear Proper Protective Equipment: Bikers without helmets have 3 times the risk of suffering severe brain damage than riders who wear helmets. Wearing safety gear will help decrease your chances of suffering serious bodily harm in an accident. All bikers should wear durable gloves, a snug helmet, boots, a fitted jacket, and protective pants. Also, we recommend wearing bright-colored and reflective clothing, especially at night, so that other motorists notice you.
- Never Ride While Under the Influence: According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in a recent year alone, 28% of motorcyclists involved in fatal accidents were intoxicated. Alcohol and drugs significantly impair your coordination, balance, reaction time, overall awareness, and ability to ride.
WERE YOU OR A LOVED ONE INJURED IN A MOTORCYCLE CRASH CAUSED BY ANOTHER’S NEGLIGENCE OR RECKLESSNESS IN ORCHARD PARK, NEW YORK?
CONTACT JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND BATTLE-TESTED TEAM OF ORCHARD PARK, NEW YORK, MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT INJURY LAWYERS AT (716) 839-3939 NOW TO GET THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
After suffering a motorcycle accident, victims are often unsure of what to do. It is completely normal to be stressed and filled with questions. However, following your accident, you must take the following steps to protect your legal rights:
- Call 911: Call the police and request them to fill out an accident report. Accident reports can help establish key facts surrounding your crash, such as the defendant, what caused the collision, and who is liable.
- Obtain Medical Care: Even if you do not consider your wounds to be severe, you can never be too cautious when it comes to your health. After an accident, the flow of adrenaline can numb your pain, and certain types of injuries take time to manifest. Therefore, you should never assume that your injuries are trivial. Additionally, documenting your damages with a doctor can help strengthen your claim.
- Take Photos: Use your phone to take pictures and videos of the scene of the accident, your motorcycle, the other vehicle, and your injuries.
- Obtain Contact Information from Witnesses: If anyone witnessed your collision, ask for their names and contact information.
- Seek Legal Guidance from a Highly Experienced Motorcycle Accident Attorney: Get in touch with an elite Orchard Park personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s battle-tested team has a long tradition of procuring justice for injured motorcyclists. Our top rated team has helped numerous bikers and their families recover after devastating accidents. Jed Dietrich, Esq. recently obtained a $750,000 settlement for a 52-year-old motorcyclist who was injured because a driver failed to yield the right-of-way. Please contact our elite attorneys today at (716) 839-3939 so that we can start helping you!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (716) 839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Orchard Park, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!