Single Motorcycle Collision
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Recognized as a Best Lawyer of America and New York Super Lawyer, and His Team of Determined, Disciplined, and Dedicated Lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Fight to Obtain the Best Result for Victims Severely Injured in Single Motorcycle Collisions in Buffalo, New York; Niagara Falls, New York; Rochester, New York; Throughout New York State and Beyond.
Unfortunately, in accidents, motorcyclists tend to fare much worse than all other motorists. Motorcycles lack all of the protection that enclosed vehicles enjoy, so the chances of riders being severely injured or killed are drastically higher. Even a motorcycle collision involving only the rider is no exception. Motorcycles are much more unstable than 4-wheel vehicles. As such, operating a motorcycle demands a different combination of physical and mental abilities. Additionally, riders are extremely vulnerable to diverse road conditions and weather hazards. Motorcycle crashes involving fixed objects occur more frequently than you may think.
According to the Hurt Report Summary, published by the University of Wisconsin, approximately 25% of all motorcycle crashes result from a collision with one or more fixed objects. There are numerous occasions where after riders are forced to swerve to avoid accidents hastily, they end up hitting potholes, uneven pavement, road damage, construction signs, walls, guardrails, light posts, navigational signage, or other stationary objects. Losing control of a motorcycle and smashing into a stationary object can be as deadly as any other motorcycle crash. Approximately 44% of all motorcycle-related fatalities result from single motorcycle collisions. Therefore, motorcyclists must always keep their eyes on the road, pay attention to their surroundings, give themselves enough space to modify their course, and stop when hazards emerge.
Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq., recognized as an Elite Lawyer of America, has battled to obtain over $175 Million in verdicts and settlements for victims who were seriously injured in Buffalo, New York and beyond. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of single motorcycle collision injury attorneys have witnessed firsthand the adverse consequences that the devastating injuries suffered by motorcycle accident victims can have on them and also their loved ones. After a single motorcycle collision, an injured motorcyclist may experience numerous obstacles to restoring their health and getting their life back on track. Our skilled team is here to help you rebuild everything you have lost by asserting your legal rights to seek compensation.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s seasoned team of highly experienced and top rated attorneys are determined, disciplined, and dedicated to obtaining the best possible results for injured motorcyclists in Buffalo, New York; Rochester, New York; Niagara Falls, New York and throughout New York State. Our honorable commitment to exceeding your expectations and delivering an excellent outcome sets us apart from the competition. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s veteran team offers complimentary case evaluations and consultations. Jed Dietrich, Esq. would be honored to speak with you about your single motorcycle collision claim. Call us today at 716-839-3939 to find out how we can help you! We are available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week, and there is never a fee unless we WIN for you!Common Causes Of Single Motorcycle Crashes
Motorcycle safety can easily be compromised when poor road conditions exist. These conditions may be a result of various factors. Nevertheless, with proper planning, motorcyclists can stay safer on the road. Knowing the most common causes of single motorcycle crashes is a good starting point, as it assists riders in doing more to avoid those conditions. The most common causes of single motorcycle accidents include:
- Turning too abruptly: Abrupt turns in any vehicle are dangerous, especially on motorcycles. It is crucial to always slow down before turning, even if the road appears to be clear of obstacles.
- Bad weather conditions: Various weather-related conditions, such as rain, snow, or ice, can make it more difficult for motorcyclists to control their bikes or even stop. The riskiest and most dangerous time to ride is immediately after it begins raining. That is when the roads are most slippery. Furthermore, heavy rainfall can limit visibility exponentially. Motorcyclists should always monitor the weather to avoid rain and snowstorms.
- Loose gravel: While motorcycle tires are efficient at gripping, they are not entirely immune to hazards on the road. Gravel accumulation on the road endangers riders, especially when rounding a corner fast. To prevent wiping out on gravel, be careful on trails and backroads and decrease speed when rounding curves in the road.
- Riding under the influence: Drug and alcohol use while operating any vehicle is a recipe for disaster, especially when riding a motorcycle. These substances significantly impair your balance, coordination, reflexes, reaction time, and overall alertness. Many impaired riding crashes are single motorcycle collisions. As reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), 28% of motorcyclists killed in a single year were intoxicated. The solution is straightforward: never drink or take drugs before operating a motorcycle or any other type of motor vehicle.
- Various other road hazards: Other vehicles, construction, potholes, puddles, debris, and manhole covers can all pose severe threats to motorcyclists. Research has demonstrated that roughly two-thirds of all crashes involving motorcycles result from other vehicles infringing on the motorcyclist’s right-of-way. Even in situations where a rider avoids an accident with another motorist, the rider’s sudden maneuvers may cause him or her to lose control of the motorcycle and end up in a single motorcycle accident. It is important to always remain vigilant of your surroundings, other vehicles, and road conditions.
WERE YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SEVERELY INJURED IN A SINGLE MOTORCYCLE COLLISION IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Single accidents involving motorcycles can result in riders striking fixed objects at full speed and being forcefully thrown off their bikes. This puts motorcyclists in grave danger of enduring hard impacts onto the concrete or into other vehicles with minimal protection. Some injuries commonly suffered by riders in single motorcycle collisions include:
- Road rash;
- Fractured and broken bones;
- Organ damage and internal bleeding from trauma;
- Facial and craniofacial injuries;
- Skull and jawbone fractures;
- Traumatic brain injuries;
- Severe neck and back injuries;
- Spinal cord injuries, including complete paralysis;
- Necessary amputation of hands, arms, legs, or feet;
- Acute disfigurement;
- Permanent disability; and
- Long-term severe emotional trauma.
The above injuries often require emergency medical care and further treatment, such as multiple surgeries, routine care from specialized doctors, and lengthy rehabilitative physical therapy to recover from. Riders that are severely injured due to single motorcycle accidents can face challenging situations physically, emotionally, and financially. Victims are often incapacitated at the hospital for days or weeks, instead of being able to work. Hospital and medical bills add up quickly, which can be exceptionally burdensome when the victim is out of work. Pursuing a personal injury lawsuit against the responsible party may be the only way to start recovering and rebuilding your life.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s accomplished team has extensive experience obtaining justice for victims of motorcycle accidents. We understand how to aggressively and tenaciously pursue motorcycle accident injury claims and are committed to safeguarding the legal rights of injured riders. Insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq., a proud member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and his top rated team of Buffalo, New York single motorcycle crash injury lawyers at least $1,000,000.00 or more 38 times to compensate his clients for their injuries. The Dietrich Legal Team will zealously battle to attempt to obtain the best result for your injury claim. If you, or a loved one, suffered a serious injury in a single motorcycle crash, contact Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his elite team for a free consultation. Our exceptional team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at 716-839-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form. We are the aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking Western New York personal injury lawyers, and we are ready to fight for the compensation that you deserve!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!