Highly knowledgeable personal injury attorney Jed Dietrich, Esq. has the experience and determination required to help people obtain maximum compensation for an amputation accident injury in Buffalo, New York; Niagara Falls, New York; Rochester, New York and throughout New York State.
Victims who may have suffered from a life-altering amputation injury can expect to receive the best possible legal representation from the top rated and elite team of Buffalo, New York amputation accident injury lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Insurance companies fight you every step of the way, so contact us today to fight for you.
Serious automobile accidents can sometimes result in a victim’s amputation of a body part, which is an extraordinary personal injury. Data from the National Limb Loss Information Center (NLLIC) shows that the United States currently has approximately two million individuals living with a limb amputation.
An amputation can limit everyday functioning, create emotional distress or result in a series of complications over the victim’s lifetime. An amputation injury not only disrupts the victim’s life, but also can impact the lives of the victim’s family.
Patients often have to undergo extensive, painful and expensive reconstruction surgeries to restore some degree of normalcy. Often, an amputee must adapt to the use of a prosthetic device. Use of a prosthetic device often requires relearning even some of the most basic tasks of everyday life, such as walking.
As an experienced Buffalo, New York amputation injury lawyer, Jed Dietrich, Esq. understands how difficult it can be to lose a part of your body, particularly when the accident occurred because of someone else’s fault. The legal team at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. recognizes the value of your pain and suffering and monetary damages associated with amputation, and will fight hard to ensure you receive the maximum compensation possible for your injuries. Contact us today at 716-839-3939 to preserve your rights!
An amputation is a medical procedure involving the removal of a limb; which could be as large as an arm or leg, or as small as a portion of a finger or toe.
Amputations may be unavoidable when there is an emergency caused by a life-threatening bacterial infection. In this case, amputation may be required to stop the infection from spreading to other parts of the body.
Some of the common causes of amputation injuries in Buffalo, New York include:
- Car Accidents: Catastrophic car or motorcycle crashes may lead to severing or mutilation of a limb. This may require amputation and reconstructive surgery.
- Slip and Fall: Falling from a height, which results in crushing of a body part, or an accident that results from sliding on icy pavement at a high speed, could result in an amputation.
- Fire, Hot Liquids and Chemical Burns: Severe disfigurement or, in extreme cases, amputation may occur in these accidents.
Accidents that may result in the victim’s amputation injuries in Buffalo, New York include:
- Truck, car, motorcycle and bicycle accidents;
- Train or aviation accidents;
- School or tour bus accidents;
- Escalator accidents;
- Amusement park accidents;
- Defective product accidents;
- Construction accidents; and
- Machine accidents.
An amputation has lifelong repercussions for the victim and their family. Amputation injury victims in Buffalo, New York should consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer, Jed Dietrich, Esq. Every day Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of lawyers and paralegals strive to provide the highest level of personal injury service to the people of Western New York. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of amputation injury lawyers in Buffalo, New York have recovered over $175 Million in settlements and verdicts for their clients, including numerous multi-million-dollar awards.
DID YOU SUFFER THE LOSS OF A LIMB BECAUSE OF SOMEONE ELSE’S NEGLIGENCE IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE? CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
When the medical team determines that a surgical amputation of a body part is critical to save an injured person’s life, they will administer anesthesia and begin the removal of bone fragments and dead tissue from the injury site.
The surgeon will then smooth the jagged or uneven areas of the bone, followed by sealing the exposed nerves and blood vessels.
Finally, the surgeon will give a natural shape to the limb’s end point (or stump), making it adaptable to a prosthetic device. Patients are often required to stay in the hospital for at least two weeks after the amputation surgery. During this early healing phase, it is critical to protect the patient against infection.
The stump usually heals between four to eight weeks after an amputation, but this can vary from one injury to another. Post-operative complications, infections and slow healing can delay the recovery process. As the amputation site begins to heal, a physical therapy or occupational therapy program will begin.
The loss of a limb can cause an individual significant pain and suffering. Insurance companies will fight you every step of the way. Contact Jed Dietrich, Esq., a top rated and elite Buffalo, New York personal injury lawyer, today so that he can fight for you while you work to recover and take back your life. Call 716-839-3939 for your free consultation. We are available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week, and there is never a fee unless we WIN for you.
Choosing a prosthesis is the patient’s choice. Patients often prefer an artificial limb. Over the years, technological advancements in prosthetic materials have made artificial limbs more effective, light-weight and natural looking.Rehabilitation
Rehabilitation after an amputation injury in Buffalo, New York and elsewhere will typically include both physical therapy and occupational therapy. Patients may need anywhere from 6 to 12 months of rehabilitation to get fully comfortable using a prosthetic device.
If you, or a family member, have undergone a surgical amputation because of the negligence of another party, you may be eligible for monetary damages under New York State law.
However, there are strict time constraints applicable to a serious personal injury accident in New York State. Evidence must be preserved and claims must be filed within the applicable statute of limitations.
Contact Jed Dietrich, Esq. today to preserve your rights! At the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., we have the legal expertise to fully prove your economic and non-economic damages resulting from a life-altering amputation injury in Buffalo, New York; Rochester, New York; Niagara Falls, New York and throughout New York State. Contact us today at 716-839-3939 so that we can attempt to fight to obtain the maximum compensation possible for your injuries.
- Infection: Following an amputation surgery, the incision site may get infected during the healing process. Some patients may suffer from blistering or deterioration of the skin in the affected area. Infections require urgent medical treatment and may prolong the recovery and rehabilitation process.
- Phantom Limb Syndrome: Phantom Limb Syndrome is the ability to feel pain or other sensations in a limb that no longer exists. This means that an amputee may sometimes feel discomfort or pain in a body part that has been removed. Researchers suggest that phantom limb pain might be attributed to the sensations originating from the spinal cord. Phantom limb syndrome can often be treated with prescription medications, mirror box therapy, electrical nerve stimulation treatment or other forms of therapy.
- Muscular Weakness: Limited use or mobility during the recovery phase as well as de-conditioning can lead to muscular weakness. When a limb is amputated, the muscles in the area may have to bear extra weight and carry out additional functions. This excess load could result in persistent muscle stiffness or fatigue.
- Emotional and Psychological Challenges: Patients can struggle with a loss of self-esteem, and develop anxiety and depression resulting from poor body image. Extended professional counseling and medications may be necessary to help the patient cope with the emotional and psychological challenges arising from the limb loss.
DID YOU REQUIRE A LIMB AMPUTATION AFTER AN ACCIDENT CAUSED BY SOMEONE ELSE’S NEGLIGENCE IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE? CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!