Brain Injury FAQs
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Recognized as a New York Super Lawyer and Distinguished Justice Advocate, and His Team of Aggressive, Tenacious, and Hardworking Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Fight to Obtain Exceptional Results for Accident Victims Suffering from Brain Injuries in Buffalo, New York.
Devastating accidents can occur when others are negligent or careless. Brain injuries are among the most dreadful and appalling damages that can occur in accidents. These types of injuries are one of the most common causes of permanent disabilities and death. Jed Dietrich, Esq., acclaimed as an American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Attorneys, recognizes the devastating impact brain injuries can have on victims and, ultimately, their loved ones. If you, or a loved one, have been involved in an accident and suffered a head injury, you probably have many questions and concerns. Underneath, we have provided insightful answers to some of the most frequently asked brain injury accident inquiries.
Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq., recognized as an American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year, has battled to obtain over $175 Million in verdicts and settlements for people who are injured in Buffalo, New York, throughout New York State, and beyond. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s seasoned team of attorneys have represented numerous victims whose lives were turned inside out due to tragic brain injuries. Jed Dietrich, Esq., and his team of highly experienced and elite personal injury attorneys will strive to obtain the best result possible for all of your damages. Our honorable commitment to exceeding your expectations and delivering an excellent outcome is what sets us apart from the competition. Call us today at 716-839-3939 to find out more about how we can help you!Frequently Asked Questions Concerning Brain Injuries
Some of the most FAQs regarding brain injury accidents include:
1. Do I have grounds to pursue a brain injury case? Brain injuries can occur in many different ways. Whether your brain injury was caused by a car collision, fall, sports-related injury, or any other type of accident, if you suffered any injuries as a result of another’s reckless negligent or careless conduct, you may be entitled to file a personal injury lawsuit. For victims under 18 years old, their parents or legal guardians can file a claim on their behalf, or minors may wait until they turn 18 years old.
2. How are brain injuries treated? Victims of mild traumatic brain injuries should be closely monitored for any chronic, intensifying, or additional symptoms. For moderate to severe brain injuries, emergency medical treatment focuses on ensuring that the victim has sufficient levels of oxygen and blood supply, maintaining blood pressure, and preventing any further injury. Additional treatments in the emergency room concentrate on reducing secondary damage as a result of bleeding, inflammation, or reduced oxygen to the brain. Medications to lessen secondary damage, such as anti-seizure drugs, diuretics, and coma-induing medicines, may be administered. Additionally, emergency surgery may be required to repair skull fractures, stop bleeding in the brain, remove clotted blood, and relieve pressure inside the skull.
3. How can the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. help me pursue a brain injury claim? Pursing a brain injury claim is not an action that you should handle by yourself, especially when so much is at stake. The importance of retaining the best possible personal injury lawyer cannot be stressed enough. Our battle-tested attorneys have the experience and knowledge to thoroughly investigate all of the nuances of your accident and hold those responsible liable. Throughout your entire case, our elite attorneys will work effortlessly to provide you with exceptional guidance and support. The best part is that there are never any out-of-pocket expenses or up-front costs to retain the legal services of the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s qualified brain injury attorneys. Our team will only seek a fee after your case is settled or after attaining a winning verdict in your trial. We work on a contingency-fee-basis, meaning our legal fees are dependent upon the compensation we get for you. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. is determined to do whatever is necessary to obtain the compensation that you need and deserve.
4. How long do I have to file a lawsuit against the party who caused my brain injury? Failure to file a claim within the applicable statute of limitations can bar a victim’s right to recover compensation for their damages. Please do not hesitate to contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s highly qualified team as soon as possible to ensure that your rights will be preserved.
5. What are brain Injuries, and how frequently do they occur? A brain injury, also commonly referred to as a head injury or traumatic brain injury (TBI), is a general term that is used to describe a wide variety of injuries that affect the skull, underlying tissue, scalp, brain, or blood vessels in the head. The number of brain injuries has dramatically risen in recent years. According to the Columbia University Department of Neurology, every year, approximately 1.4 million victims throughout the United States suffer brain injuries, and over 50,000 victims suffer fatalities following traumatic brain injuries.
DID YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SUFFER A SERIOUS BRAIN INJURY IN AN ACCIDENT IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER, OR ANOTHER PART OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK BRAIN INJURY ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS AT (716) 839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
6. What are some examples of financial recoveries people have had with brain trauma? When you are searching for a lawyer to handle your case, you want to know that the lawyer has a history of successfully obtaining large settlements and verdicts for their previous clients. Jed Dietrich, Esq. has aggressively fought to obtain countless settlements and jury verdicts on behalf of his clients who suffered brain trauma. Below are a couple of the many notable winning results:
7. What are the most common symptoms of a brain injury after an accident? According to the Mayo Clinic, the symptoms of a mild brain injury include loss of consciousness, confusion or disorientation, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, difficultly sleeping, speech problems, loss of balance, headache, blurred vision, ringing in the ears, inability to smell, a bad taste in the mouth, sensitivity to sound or light, feeling anxious or depressed, mood changes, memory problems, and seizures. It is crucial to seek emergency medical treatment if you experience any of the above symptoms following an injury or blow to the head.
- 8. What can cause a traumatic brain injury? Traumatic brain injuries can be caused by hard blows, bumps, or jolts to the head that impair brain functioning. The leading causes of TBIs are slip and fall accidents, car crashes, sports-related injuries, and physical assaults. Those at the greatest risk of suffering from a TBI include young children, males, seniors, and young adults.
- 9. What laws were established to help people with brain injuries sustained in accidents? N.Y. Education Law § 305.42, also referred to as the Concussion Management and Awareness Act, was enacted to implement guidelines and procedures for the monitoring and treatment of students with traumatic brain injuries. School staff members are required to receive training in TBIs, and schools must establish concussion management teams. Additionally, those unfortunate enough to sustain a brain injury in an accident may be entitled to pursue a personal injury lawsuit. While brain injury claims can arise in numerous ways, most cases are based on the theory of negligence or wrongful conduct.
- 10. What type of financial compensation can I recover for a brain injury caused by the negligence of another? Financial awards in brain injury cases are designed primarily to compensate victims for all of the damages caused by the accident and resulting injury. Compensation is intended to restore a victim to his or her pre-accident condition. If you have suffered a brain injury caused by another’s negligence, you may be able to obtain full compensation for all past and future medical treatment, rehabilitation, lost wages from time off of work, diminished earning capacity, assistive devices, loss of enjoyment in life, loss of consortium, pain and suffering (caused by your injury, as well as treatment and recovery), permanent disability suffered, costs to repair or replace damaged property, and any other unforeseen damages.
Heartbreaking stories of brain injuries inspire Jed Dietrich, Esq. to strive to provide the highest level of personal injury service to victims in Buffalo, New York, every single day. If you have been injured in an accident, contact us for a complimentary case consultation. Jed Dietrich, Esq., member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, will fight to obtain the highest compensation possible for your damages. The best of the best at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. understand how to properly and aggressively pursue brain injury claims. If you would like any specific answers regarding your case, feel free to contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. You can reach us by calling 716-839-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form. We are available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week. There is never a fee unless we WIN for you!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (716) 839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!