The Role Of Speeding In Car Accidents In Buffalo, New York
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Recognized as a Best Lawyer of America and New York Super Lawyer, and His Aggressive, Tenacious and Hardworking Team at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Will Fight to Obtain the Best Result Possible for You if You Were Injured by a Speeding Driver in Buffalo, New York and Beyond.
Traveling at an unsafe speed is one of the leading causes of car accidents. Following the speed limit is the law and disobeying limit signs can have serious consequences. If you, or someone you love, suffered an injury in an accident caused by another driver’s unsafe speed, you may be entitled to significant compensation. Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today for the legal representation that you need. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his highly rated team of Buffalo, New York serious personal injury lawyers will investigate your case and fight to hold the responsible parties liable for their actions.
Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has been handling serious personal injury cases throughout New York State and beyond. Jed Dietrich, Esq. has secured over $175 Million in verdicts and settlements on behalf of his injured clients and he continues to strive to provide the highest level of personal injury service to the people of Western New York every day. If you were injured in an accident that resulted because of another driver’s speeding, contact our team of aggressive, tenacious and hardworking Buffalo, New York speeding accident injury attorneys today at 716-839-3939. We will happily provide you with a FREE consultation on your case. Contact us 24 hours per day and 7 days per week to find out if you may have a claim. Don’t wait, call us today!
New York State Vehicle and Traffic Law Section 1180(a) provides:
“No person shall drive a vehicle at a speed greater than is reasonable and prudent under the conditions and having regard to the actual and potential hazards then existing.”
Driving over the speed limit is not only illegal, but it can have devastating consequences. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2017, “speeding killed 9,717 people, accounting for more than a quarter (26%) of all traffic fatalities that year.”
If a driver is speeding, any of the following can happen:
- The driver may lose control of the vehicle;
- The driver may be unable to stop the vehicle quickly enough if a hazard arises or another car stops quickly in front of the driver; and
- The resulting damage and injuries after a speeding accident can be much greater because of the greater force involved.
Speed limits are set based on careful traffic studies that determine the safety of the road. If a driver ignores the speed limit, his or her negligence or recklessness can cause an accident with a car, truck, SUV, bicycle, motorcycle or pedestrian. The resultant injuries can have a life-long impact. Some of these injuries include, but are not limited to:
- Whiplash, a common result of a rear-end collision;
- Neck and back injuries;
- Concussion or other traumatic brain injury;
- Face, chest, or neck injury resulting from airbag detonation;
- Lacerations from broken glass; and
- Fractures resulting from the force of a crash.
After an accident involving speeding, a person can be left with serious injuries that have a long-term impact on daily life. Medical expenses can pile up, you may be unable to work because of your physical injuries, and you may experience great amounts of pain and suffering.
If another driver was negligently or recklessly speeding, and you were injured in an accident as a result, you may be eligible for monetary compensation. Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today to find out how we can help! We are recognized for our dedication to providing our clients with superior personal injury service and the highest possible compensation. Our team of highly experienced, aggressive, tenacious and hardworking Buffalo, New York speeding accident personal injury lawyers will investigate your case, determine the parties that may be liable to you, and fight the insurance companies in an effort to get you the compensation you deserve! Call us today at 716-839-3939 for your free consultation. We are available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week.Proving a Speeding Accident
During the investigation phase of your accident, evidence can be gathered to help prove that the other driving was speeding and a cause of the accident.
Evidence that may be used to help prove the other party was speeding includes:
- Event Data Recorders (EDR)/Black Box Data: All passenger vehicles that were manufactured after 2014 are equipped with event data recorders, also referred to as black box data recorders. An EDR stores five seconds of data prior to an impact or collision. This includes information such as the speed of the vehicle, the engine RPM, brake application and seatbelt usage.
- Witnesses: Witnesses can be important to help prove how an accident happened. Although a witness might not be able to identify the exact speed of another vehicle, most witnesses can identify a vehicle that was clearly exceeding the speed limit and driving unsafely. In addition, witnesses can help provide additional information to determine the fault of the vehicles involved in an accident.
- Physical Evidence: Physical evidence may include video camera footage, skid marks left on a road and the extent of damage to the vehicles or other objects involved. It is important to take photographs and videos at the scene of an accident to document where vehicles ended up and how far debris from the vehicles flew in the air. These pieces of physical evidence can help a traffic forensic expert or an accident reconstructionist recreate the accident and determine whether speeding was a cause of the accident.
After a car accident, you should also call 911 immediately and file a police report. A police report can be very useful in the future as it will document the details of an accident, the people and vehicles involved, provide any witness information and will often diagram the scene of the accident.
If you, or a loved one, suffered a serious injury as a result of a car accident where another driver was speeding, you may be entitled to compensation for the injuries that you suffered. Careful investigation of the accident, preservation of evidence, and reporting of the accident can help your fight. That is why you want our highly experienced team of Buffalo, New York speeding accident injury attorneys on your side after a speeding accident caused by someone else’s negligence. Call us today at 716-839-3939.
Remember, claims for personal injury claims in New York State are time-sensitive! You must act fast to ensure that your rights are protected. Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. TODAY so that we can make sure your rights are preserved! Jed Dietrich, Esq., recognized as a Best Lawyer of America and New York Super Lawyer, and his highly experienced team will handle your case with care and compassion, while fighting tenaciously to get you the compensation and peace of mind you deserve.
DID YOU SUFFER A SERIOUS INJURY AS A RESULT OF ANOTHER DRIVER’S
SPEEDING IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER
OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED
TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS AT
716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!