Failure to Yield the Right of Way to a Pedestrian on a Sidewalk Accident
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Recognized by the Premier Lawyers of America, and His Battle-Tested Team of Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., Well-Known as an American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Personal Injury Law Firm, Persuasively Litigate to Achieve Unparalleled Results for Clients Who were Seriously Injured on Sidewalks by Vehicles that Failed to Yield the Right-of-Way in Buffalo, New York; Niagara Falls, New York; Rochester, New York; Throughout New York State and Beyond.
Even when someone is using a sidewalk, they can be struck by a driver turning a corner too fast or backing out of a driveway without checking behind them. Motorists often fail to yield the right-of-way to pedestrians on footpaths because of negligence or recklessness. Struck pedestrians often suffer a combination of severe physical, emotional, and psychological injuries. Even at relatively slow speeds, the impact of a vehicle is capable of breaking bones and causing internal damage. Additionally, getting hit by a car can hinder a victim’s ability to perform routine tasks, such as eating, bathing, dressing, and even sleeping.
The average pedestrian may feel safe when on a sidewalk, but in reality, sidewalks provide little protection against negligent motorists. The life of a pedestrian walking down a sidewalk can be forever altered by a motorist who fails to yield the right-of-way. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in the United States, every 88 minutes, someone on foot is killed by a car. In a single recent year alone, approximately 137,000 pedestrians were rushed to emergency rooms for non-fatal crash-related injuries. Claims, settlements, and lawsuits surrounding pedestrian accident injuries are among the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s main areas of practice, so call us today for a complimentary case evaluation. Jed Dietrich, Esq., and his battle-tested team of personal injury attorneys would be honored to provide legal advice and crucial insight if someone in your family was hurt or killed in a car accident. Simply dial 716-839-3939 or submit an online consultation form.
Should you choose to pursue a claim, our team of leading attorneys will systematically investigate your accident and begin building a strong case. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. will provide you with highly experienced, extremely knowledgeable, and professional legal representation. Our veteran attorneys have helped thousands of injured victims, and their loved ones seek justice after devastating accidents. Jed Dietrich, Esq. has effectively litigated with insurance adjusters to obtain in excess of $175 million in verdicts and settlements for victims who were injured in Buffalo, New York, and beyond. Allow Jed Dietrich, Esq., a proud member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, to fight for your compensation. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s seasoned attorneys are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There is never a charge until we obtain money for you!How Pedestrians On Sidewalks Get Hit By Cars
Even when pedestrians obey all traffic laws and walk on sidewalks, they are still in danger of being struck by inattentive drivers. Research conducted by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) showed that pedestrian car-related deaths increased a whopping 45% over recent years. A vast majority of failure to yield car accidents involving victims on sidewalks are caused by the following contributing factors:
- Distracted Driving: The number of distractions drivers face has dramatically increased along with new technology. Distractions, such as smartphones, social media, and smart glasses often compete for motorists’ attention. Other distractions, like eating, drinking, talking, and makeup application, can also take a driver’s eyes off the road.
- Speeding: Driving too fast significantly reduces the time a driver has to react. Studies revealed that for every 1% increase in the speed of a vehicle, the risk of crashing increases by 2%. Furthermore, speeding heightens the risk of the pedestrian being injured more severely.
- Turning too Sharply: When a motorist takes a turn too fast, pedestrians on sidewalk corners can easily get hit. Negligent motorists may fail to yield the right-of-way to pedestrians that are trying to cross the street at breaks in sidewalks.
- Driving Under the Influence: Consuming alcohol or drugs can substantially reduce a driver’s reaction time, judgment, and overall driving ability. Drivers who are under the influence have been known to accidentally swerve onto sidewalks and run over innocent pedestrians.
- Design Flaws in Sidewalks: When defectively designed, sidewalks can fail to take into account the flow of traffic. Moreover, some sidewalks are located in areas with limited visibility and high-speed limits, such as large slopes or winding roads, which could cause a motorist to infringe on the walker’s pathway.
DID YOU, OR SOMEONE CLOSE TO YOU, SUFFER SERIOUS INJURIES WHILE WALKING ON A SIDEWALK CAUSED BY A DRIVER’S FAILURE TO YIELD THE RIGHT-OF-WAY IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK FAILURE TO YIELD FOR A PEDESTRIAN ON A SIDEWALK INJURY LAWYERS AT (716) 839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Hospital bills, prescription medication, physical therapy, and other accident-related expenses can pile up quickly. Consequently, obtaining sufficient compensation is one of the most crucial steps on a victim’s road to recovery. Retaining Western New York’s finest personal injury attorney will force the negligent driver’s insurance company to offer a larger settlement. Jed Dietrich, Esq., acclaimed as an American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year has tried more than 100 cases to judgment and knows exactly what it takes to obtain the highest possible compensation for his clients. To obtain the best result for your claim, our elite lawyers will accomplish the following:
- Investigate your accident to determine the best course of action;
- File a lawsuit to protect your legal right to compensation;
- Collect crucial evidence to prove the driver’s liability;
- Deliver an intimidating demand letter that outlines the strengths of your case;
- Consult with our world-renown traffic accident experts;
- Handle the communication with all of the insurance adjusters and defense attorneys;
- Persuasively negotiate the highest possible settlement for your case; and
- If necessary, deliver the most convincing case at trial to enhance your chances of winning the best possible verdict.
For more than 20 years, the pedestrian accident injury attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. have aggressively represented the interests of victims and their families across New York State. Our battle-tested attorneys have proudly earned designation as a Best Law Firm of America. Your case is extremely important to our award-winning team and will not rest until we obtain the highest possible compensation for all of your damages. Unlike other lawyers, Jed Dietrich, Esq. will never urge you into settling for less just to avoid going to trial. If the insurance company refuses to settle your case for an amount that will allow you to move on, we will not hesitate to bring your lawsuit to court. Please contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s seasoned failure to yield the right-of-way to a pedestrian on a sidewalk accident lawyers today at 716-839-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!