Important Forms For Car Accidents
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Distinguished as a New York Super Lawyer and American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year, and His Team of Aggressive, Tenacious, and Hardworking Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Fight to Obtain the Best Result for Victims Severely Injured in Car Accidents in Buffalo, New York.
Most car accidents are unforeseen and happen without warning. Getting into a car crash can be an extremely devasting experience, especially when someone is seriously injured. Collisions have the potential to cause catastrophic consequences, such as traumatic brain injury, total paralysis, permanent disability, and even death. The long-lasting after-effects of car accidents on victims and their families can be heartbreaking. Victims often find themselves in a difficult position physically, emotionally, and financially. The last thing a car accident victim needs is to be troubled by legal issues or the need to complete the right accident-related form. If you, or a loved one, have been involved in an accident, it may difficult to know what to do next. Jed Dietrich, Esq., and his team of battle-tested personal injury attorneys will guide you through the process from start to finish. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. understands that you may have a lot of questions and has put together a list of important accident-related forms and common mistakes to avoid.
Jed Dietrich, Esq., a Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, believes that no one should have to suffer due to the negligence or carelessness of other drivers. Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has exclusively handled serious personal injury cases. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. earned recognition by Expertise LLC as Best Car Accident Lawyers in Buffalo, New York. Our very skilled and hardworking team possesses the knowledge and experience to thoroughly investigate your car crash and ensure that you receive the highest possible compensation for your injuries. Throughout the years, we have successfully represented countless car accident victims. We offer complimentary lawsuit evaluations and consultations. Jed Dietrich, Esq. would be honored to speak with you about your case. Our team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at 716-839-3939, or by filling out the online consultation form.Important Car Accident-Related Forms That May Be Required
In New York State, if you have been involved in a car accident, it may be necessary to complete and file one or more of the following forms:
- No-Fault Claim (NF-2 Form): After a car accident, filling out this form is a crucial step, regardless of who was at fault. The form notifies your insurance company that you are claiming covered benefits and expenses. The No-Fault Claim Form is also used by the insurance company to determine if you are entitled to benefits. The application must be completed and sent to your insurance company within 30 days from the date of the accident. If you miss the deadline, benefits, such as accident-related medical expenses, lost wages, and other covered expenses, could be lost.
- Accident Report (MV-104 Form): Under Section 605 of the NY State Vehicle and Traffic Law, all motorists involved in a car crash where there is a death or personal injury, or there is property damage above $1,000 to anyone, must complete an MV-104 and send it to the Crash Records Center within 10 days. Failure to do the same is a misdemeanor. Your license and registration may be suspended until a report is filed. The form looks similar to a police report and gives each driver a chance to document their account of the accident. You can obtain a copy of the MV-104 at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s office or on the DMV website.
- Disability Benefits Claim (DB-450 Form): If you become sick or disabled while employed or within four weeks of employment, you should complete the Notice and Proof of Claim for Disability Benefits form to apply for benefits. The DB-450 can be found on the Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB) website. You are responsible for completing Part A – the Claimant’s Statement of the form. The Claimant’s Statement contains 12 sections, which ask for basic information about yourself, your disability, employment history for the last 8 weeks, and whether or not you are currently receiving other insurance benefits. Part B is the Health Care Provider’s Statement. Your health care provider needs to state your diagnosis, treatment, and dates of disability. Your completed DB-450 should be forwarded to your employer or their disability insurance carrier within 30 days after the date your disability originated.
- Notice and Proof of Claim for Disability Benefits Form by Unemployed Claimant (DB-300 Form): If you become disabled or sick after being unemployed for over four weeks, you may qualify for benefits. Complete a DB-300 to apply for NYS disability benefits. You can obtain this form at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s office or the WCB website. You are responsible for completing Part A – the Claimant’s Statement of the form. The Claimant’s Statement asks for information about yourself, your disability, employment, and whether or not you are currently receiving benefits. Part B – the Health Care Provider’s Statement should be completed by your health care provider. Once both parts are completed and signed, you must mail the form directly to the Workers’ Compensation Board. The DB-300 is required to be mailed within 30 days after the date your disability originated.
Please feel free to contact Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of battle-tested car accident injury attorneys for assistance in identifying which of these forms may be necessary for your specific circumstances or help with filing any of the above forms. If you already completed one of these forms, we strongly recommend having our highly experienced personal injury attorneys thoroughly review it before submitting it.
WERE YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SEVERELY INJURED IN AN AUTO ACCIDENT CAUSED BY ANOTHER’S NEGLIGENCE IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER, OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK CAR ACCIDENT INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Being involved in a car crash can be a traumatic ordeal. Nevertheless, it is crucial to protect your rights. The following are typical mistakes to avoid so you do not jeopardize your claim:
- Not seeking medical treatment: Even if your injuries seem relatively minor, you should seek medical treatment as soon as possible. Going to the hospital will help document any injuries sustained so that you have proof that your injuries resulted from the crash.
- Failing to call the police or notify your insurer: It is important to call the police so that they can record all details relating to the collision and generally set forth who is at fault. Additionally, calling your insurance company will help ensure you do not do something to lose coverage.
- Admitting fault: Even if you believe that you did something wrong, never admit fault. The liable party could be held accountable for paying any resulting damages. There are often numerous factors involved in accidents, and all of the evidence may not be apparent to you.
- Trusting insurance companies: You must realize that insurance companies are not designed to protect you. Insurance companies are known for making lowball settlement offers and trying to deny claims. Even your own insurance company may attempt to downplay your injuries, and you could end up getting much less compensation than you deserve.
- Settling your claim before consulting with an attorney: You should never agree to take an insurance company’s settlement offer before conferring with an experienced personal injury lawyer. Once you accept an insurance company’s settlement offer, even if your injuries turn out to be more severe than you originally believed, you will be unable to seek further compensation. Vital future surgeries and treatments, being unable to earn wages, and any further complications that may occur could considerably increase your actual damages. Retaining a lawyer will level the playing field and significantly increase the value of your case.
Jed Dietrich, Esq., recognized as an Attorney and Practice Magazine’s Top 10 Personal Injury Attorney, and his team of car accident injury attorneys in Buffalo, New York are here for you. We are determined, disciplined, and dedicated to obtaining the best possible results for those who have suffered serious injuries in Buffalo, New York; Rochester, New York; Niagara Falls, New York; and throughout New York State. Insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq. more than $175 million to resolve injury claims. Victims of car crashes may be eligible for monetary compensation for their medical bills, lost wages, reduced earning capacity, and pain and suffering. Time and time again, former clients of the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. have said that Jed Dietrich, Esq. is the best personal injury lawyer in Buffalo, New York. View our Google 5 Star rating and our clients’ testimonials by clicking here. Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today at 716-839-3939 so that we can help you!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!
- Application for Motor Vehicle No-Fault Benefits Form (NF-2)
- Employer's Wage Verification Report Form (NF-6)
- HIPAA Authorization Form (Form 960)
- Medicare Authorization Form (Form CMS-10106)
- Motor Vehicle Accident Exchange Form (MV-104)
- Social Security Disability Authorization Form (SSA-3288)
- Verification of Self-Employment Income Form (NF-7)
- Workers’ Compensation Authorization Form (Form OC-110A)