Head-On Car Accidents In Buffalo, New York
A head-on collision, or a crash when two cars going in opposite directions collide, can result in serious injuries. Due to the high speeds of the vehicles, head-on collisions are often the most dangerous type of crash. Furthermore, the large amount of force each driver sustains contributes to the severity of head-on collisions. According to the New York State Department of Health, motor vehicle traffic crashes are the “leading cause of injury related death for New York State residents.”
When you are involved in a head-on collision, it is imperative to contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. in Buffalo, New York, as soon as possible. We strive to provide the highest level of personal injury representation.
Jed Dietrich, Esq., who has been identified as a Best Lawyer of America, has fought relentlessly for clients injured in head-on collisions.
At the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking top rated Buffalo, New York car accident lawyers know how to fight for you to obtain optimal results. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. has fought on behalf of our clients to secure over $175 million in settlements.
Several circumstances may contribute to a head-on collision. For example,
- Road and Weather Conditions: Harsh weather often effects driving. Fog, rain or snow can significantly impair the ability of drivers to control their vehicles. Obstacles in roadways can also cause head-on crashes. Such road conditions can result in accidents.
- Distracted Driving: Cell phone usage while driving a car is a major distraction. Texting, calling and otherwise using a handheld device can result in a crash. Additionally, a driver can be distracted by tending to their personal hygiene, daydreaming or eating.
- Driving Under the Influence: Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol dramatically increases the probability of being in car accidents. The United States Department of Transportation reports that there was a drunk-driving car crash death every 48 minutes in 2017. Furthermore, more than 10,000 people die every year because of drunk-driving car crashes.
- Driver Fatigue: When a driver is fatigued, car accidents are more likely to occur. Fatigue could be caused by many factors, such as: sleep deprivation, driving for extended periods of time and health conditions. Falling asleep while driving is extremely dangerous and accounts for many head-on collisions.
A head-on car crash often takes place when a driver maneuvers a vehicle across a centerline unintentionally and collides with an oncoming vehicle, a vehicle coming from the opposite direction.
It is vital for every person who was involved in a head-on collision to consult with a recognized Best Lawyer of America. Call Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his top rated team at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., as soon as possible.
We can be reached at (716) 839-3939. We will provide you with all the information needed concerning the payment of your lost wages, payment of your medical bills and compensation for your pain and suffering.
The New York Department of Health reports that there were on average “12,093 hospitalizations each year due to motor vehicle traffic-related injuries,” between the years 2012 and 2014 in New York State. Furthermore, unintentional motor vehicle traffic-related injuries resulted in an average of “136,913 emergency department (ED) visits each year.” Head-on collisions are often the most dangerous type of car crash and commonly result in serious injuries.
Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his elite, top rated team of Buffalo, New York car crash lawyers will fight on your behalf to attempt to obtain the maximum compensation for serious injuries sustained as a result of head-on collisions. The following injuries are common after a head-on car, SUV or truck crash:
- Brain and Head Injuries: Serious head injuries occur frequently in head-on collisions. Traumatic brain injuries and concussions can have lasting impacts.
- Whiplash: Whiplash, or when the head and neck are thrown forward while the rest of the person’s body is halted due to a seat-belt, can be severe. The muscles and ligaments of the back and neck are suddenly stretched forcefully, resulting in a painful injury. Whiplash can result in blurred vision, dizziness, headaches, weakness and intense pain throughout the shoulders, neck and back.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: After a head-on collision, the impact sustained can be so extreme that your spinal disc can compress severely. Herniated discs, ruptured discs and extreme pain can result. Spinal cord injuries require immediate medical attention.
Jed Dietrich, Esq. has successfully represented an individual who was driving his car when he was struck by a tractor-trailer in a head-on collision. The plaintiff suffered significant injuries to his cervical spine in the form of herniated discs, which required a fusion surgery. The plaintiff also suffered significant injuries to his shoulder which also required an arthroscopic surgery.
The case was settled for $959,000 out of a $1 million policy. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of top rated head-on car accident lawyers have and will continue to fight successfully for clients injured in head-on car accidents.
If you are injured in a head-on car crash, your lost wages and medical bills will be paid by the New York State No-Fault insurance company of the vehicle that insures the vehicle you were in. We recognize that when you are injured and unable to work because of someone else’s negligence, your life is significantly negatively impacted. We will help you make a wage claim to reimburse you quickly for your lost wages.
Unlike other law firms, we will take the initiative to:
- Contact your No-Fault insurance carrier on your behalf;
- Submit all your necessary paperwork; and
- Fiercely compel the insurance company to pay the lost wages that you deserve.
Many other Buffalo, New York personal injury law firms will NOT assist you in filing a lost wage claim with your No-Fault insurance carrier. We will! Our team of aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers and paralegals treat our clients the way that we want to be treated. That means we will battle to make sure that your lost wages are being paid by No-Fault in a timely manner.
If you were in a head-on collision because of the negligence of someone else, call Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his top rated team of Buffalo, New York head-on accident lawyers.
We strive to be known as the best personal injury lawyers in Buffalo, New York!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (716) 839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!