Buffalo, New York, Car Accidents: Occupant Ejection
Jed Dietrich, Esq. is a Buffalo, New York Serious Injury Attorney Who Represents People That Were Ejected From a Vehicle After an Accident Caused by Someone Else’s Negligence.
An occupant ejection is when a driver or passenger is partially or fully propelled from their vehicle during a collision. The injuries resulting from occupant ejection accidents can be life-altering and even fatal because of the great force of being thrown out of the vehicle and making contact with the ground, other vehicles or fixed objects outside of the vehicle. In rollover collisions, the mortality rate for ejected occupants is 5 times higher than other occupants.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. and its team of elite Buffalo, New York occupant ejection lawyers are devoted to providing the highest level of personal injury service to people who have been injured throughout Western New York. We know how difficult the time after a car, truck or SUV accident can be, and we are here to help you through this challenging time.
Jed Dietrich, Esq. has over 20 years of experience fiercely representing individuals who sustained injuries because of someone else’s negligence or recklessness. Throughout the course of his career as a Buffalo, New York personal injury lawyer, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has obtained more than $175 million in settlements and verdicts for his clients. Over 44 times insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his top rated team of lawyers $1 Million, or more, on behalf of their clients. You can trust that our firm will battle to obtain the best possible result for YOU!
If you, or someone you love, were ejected from a vehicle during a car, truck or SUV accident in Buffalo, Rochester, Niagara Falls or anywhere else in New York State, call us today at 716-839-3939 for your free consultation. Our team is available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week, and there is never a fee unless we WIN for you!
The Insurance Information Institute reports that of the fatal crashes that occurred in 2017, 83% of the occupants who were ejected from their vehicles were killed. The reason for this high fatality rate is that occupants who are ejected from their vehicles are likely to suffer fatal injuries as a result of both the initial impact and, once occupants are ejected from their vehicles, they also risk being struck by other vehicles or thrown into nearby objects.
The most common injuries that vehicle occupants are likely to sustain, as a result of being ejected from a vehicle, include:
- Blunt-force head trauma;
- Broken bones;
- Concussions and traumatic brain injury;
- Facial and craniofacial injuries;
- Neck and back injuries;
- Organ damage and internal bleeding from trauma;
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder;
- Road rash, and associated permanent scarring;
- Severe disfigurement;
- Total paralysis; and
WERE YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, EJECTED FROM A CAR, TRUCK OR SUV AFTER AN ACCIDENT CAUSED BY SOMEONE ELSE’S NEGLIGENCE IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE? CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TEAM OF OCCUPANT EJECTION CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS IN BUFFALO, NEW YORK AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
There are two types of occupant ejection car accidents, complete ejection car accidents and partial ejection car accidents.
- Complete Ejections occur when an occupant is completely thrown from the vehicle. Usually these types of accidents entail a secondary point of contact, such as with the ground, other vehicles or other objects outside of the vehicle.
- Partial Ejections occur when an occupant begins to be thrown from the vehicle, but becomes trapped, in some capacity. As a result, a part of the body exits the vehicle while the rest of the body remains inside.
Call Jed Dietrich, Esq., recognized as a New York Super Lawyer, and his team of Buffalo, New York car accident attorneys at 716-839-3939, to schedule your free consultation. We will discuss the details of your occupant ejection collision with you and work to get you get the compensation that you deserve.
There are a number of precautions that can be taken to avoid being thrown from your vehicle in the event of an accident. The best way to avoid being ejected, completely or partially, is by wearing a seat belt.
In 2009, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) published a technical report, in which it analyzed the data on fatal car crashes over a five year period and determined the risk factors that contributed to occupant ejection collisions. According to the NHTSA’s report, the factors that contribute to car occupant ejection car accidents, include:
- Not Wearing a Seat Belt: If you are not wearing a seat belt, your chances of being ejected from your vehicle, in the event of a collision, are extremely high. As reported by the NHTSA, 35.3% of occupants who were not wearing a seat belt were ejected, while only 2% of occupants wearing seat belts were. Wearing a seat belt also reduces the risk of sustaining incapacitating or fatal injuries. As stated in the report, 80% of the occupants who were wearing seat belts did not sustain any injuries.
- Speed: Driving speed also plays a role in occupant ejection collisions. According to the NHTSA, 18.6% of the occupants were ejected at a speed limit of 60 mph or higher, while only 9.6% of the occupants were ejected at a speed limit of 40 mph or higher. Furthermore, when there was no statutory speed limit, the ejection rate reached an astounding 23.5%.
- Age of the Vehicle: The NHTSA report demonstrated that occupant ejection rates tend to be higher in older vehicles. The ejection rate for SUVs of model years 1989 to 1998 ranged from 21% to 24%, while the ejection rate for SUVs of model year 2005, was only 9.9%.
- Type of Vehicle: As stated by the NHTSA, between 2003 and 2007, SUVs had the highest occupant ejection rate at 49.2%. Pickup trucks had a 38.4% ejection rate, vans had a 32.4% ejection rate and passenger cars had a 29% ejection rate.
- Point of Impact: The risk of occupant ejection is extremely high in rollover crashes. According to the report, the ejection rate in rollovers was 42.9%, whereas the ejection rate in all other collisions ranged from 9.8% to 14.1%.
At the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., we provide legal representation to automobile accident victims in Buffalo, Rochester, Niagara Falls and other parts of New York State. Whether the case goes to trial or is settled to your satisfaction, our objective in every case is to make sure that you are fully and maximally compensated for your injuries and pain and suffering. Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today at 716-839-3939 for your free case consultation.
Personal injury claims for occupant ejection collisions require the injured party, or their loved ones, to prove that the accident occurred as a result of the negligence, carelessness or recklessness of another party, and that they sustained injuries and suffered quantifiable losses as a result of the accident.
Our Buffalo, New York car accident attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. will thoroughly investigate your collision and collect evidence against the at-fault parties. We will talk to potential witnesses and work with medical professionals, forensic experts and accident reconstruction experts to collect all the data we need to build the strongest case possible.
Manufacturing defects can increase the risk of occupant ejection considerably. The most common defects, that increase the risk of occupant ejection, include:
- Seatbelt malfunctions;
- Door latch malfunctions; and
- Weak side windows.
If your accident was caused as a result of a manufacturing defect, there is no need to establish negligence on the part of the manufacturer. You are entitled to seek damages simply by proving that the accident was caused as a result of the defect. Our firm is prepared to aggressively pursue compensation from an ejection car accident on your behalf.
If you, or a loved one, were the victim of an occupant ejection accident through no fault of your own, contact Jed Dietrich, Esq., recognized as a Best Lawyer of America, and his team of highly experienced aggressive, tenacious and hardworking car accident attorneys in Buffalo, New York today at 716-839-3939.
WERE YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, EJECTED FROM A CAR, TRUCK OR SUV AFTER AN ACCIDENT CAUSED BY SOMEONE ELSE'S NEGLIGENCE IN NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TEAM OF SERIOUS INJURY LAWYERS IN BUFFALO, NEW YORK AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!