Vehicle Fire Car Accident
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Recognized as one of the Top 3 Personal Injury Lawyers in Buffalo and New York Super Lawyer, and His Elite Team of Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Fight to Obtain the Best Result for Victims Who Have Suffered Injuries in Vehicle Fire Car Accidents in Buffalo, New York; Niagara Falls, New York; Rochester, New York; Throughout New York State and Beyond.
Severe car accidents often result in devastating injuries, especially when one of the damaged vehicles catches on fire. Fires arising from accidents are often more dangerous than the actual collisions. Car fires occur much more frequently than most people would think. Roughly 1 out of 5 reported fires involves a vehicle. Vehicle occupants may survive the impact of an accident completely unharmed, only to be trapped inside a car that is engulfed in flames. The average car holds around 20 gallons of gas, and every gallon, if ignited, packs the explosive power of several sticks of dynamite. Fires are one of the most catastrophic after-effects of car accidents. From the moment a car ignites, the situation can instantly turn lethal.
All vehicles should be manufactured safe enough so that tragic fires and explosions do not occur after car accidents. However, design and manufacturing defects often lead to disastrous car fires. Victims of vehicle fires might be forced to pay for costly medical treatment while being unable to work. When a defect in a car’s design or manufacturing gives rise to fire, victims may be entitled to pursue a product liability claim against the car manufacturer, faulty component manufacturer, or car dealer. Additionally, if another driver caused the crash leading to the fire, he or she may also be held liable through a personal injury lawsuit. Victims of car fire accidents may be eligible to pursue monetary compensation for all of their past and future medical costs, rehabilitation, lost wages, pain and suffering, and any other damages.
Jed Dietrich, Esq., a distinguished member of the Premier Lawyers of America, founded the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. in 2005 with a mission to provide the highest level of personal injury service to victims. Over time, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has seen the devastating impact that car fires can have on a victim’s life, ranging from severe burns to death. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s battle-tested attorneys understand the severe emotional trauma and impediments that these injuries can cause. Our battle-tested accident attorneys are here to assist you in rebuilding everything that you have lost by asserting your legal rights to seek compensation. Jed Dietrich, Esq. has battled to obtain over $175 Million in verdicts and settlements for victims who were injured in Buffalo, New York, and beyond. Distinguished as a Best Law Firm of America and honored with a Better Business Bureau A+ Rating, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. will fight to obtain the best result for your injuries and resulting damages. We would be pleased to speak with you about your car fire case. Our highly qualified team is available for your free consultation 24 hours per day and 7 days per week by calling 716-839-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form. Contact us today so that we can help you!What Are Typical Causes Of Car Fires?
When car occupants endure a minor accident with only slight injuries, the vehicle’s electrical and fuel systems should remain intact. Nevertheless, accidents can result in fires if the vehicle has a design or manufacturing defect. There are several main types of car flaws that can result in fires, including:
- Leaking Fuel Tanks: The most common cause of vehicle fires is leaking fuel tanks. The tanks should contain fuel cell bladders, as well as anti-puncture shields, and be located at the front of the rear axle. Additionally, tanks should not have any brackets or sharp objects nearby.
- Faulty Fuel Lines: During a collision, defective or improperly-routed fuel lines can easily rupture. Even a single spark can cause the smallest leak to instantly catch fire. Leaking fuel, oil, and other flammable materials can even ignite from being exposed to overheated metals. Fuel-related fires tend to ignite under a vehicle and spread rapidly as leaking gas catches fire.
- Electrical System Malfunctions: Electrical fires typically start in or around the dashboard area. Defective wiring in an ignition system can short and trigger a fire. Further, a serious accident can slash cables and cause sparks that are capable of igniting fuel.
- Engine Failures: Many car fires ignite in the engine compartment.
- Defective Batteries: When batteries are designed or manufactured incorrectly, corrosion can form on the terminals. When corrosion comes in contact with flammable liquids, it can produce hazardous by-products and increase the chances of a fire.
- Various Other Mechanical Defects: These can result in explosions or ignition of flammable components.
WERE YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, INJURED IN A VEHICLE FIRE CAR ACCIDENT CAUSED ANOTHER’S NEGLIGENCE IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER, OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK VEHICLE FIRE CAR CRASH INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
When vehicle collisions cause fires, victims can sustain severe injuries or worse. Car accident-related fires tend to result in the following injuries:
- Lacerations and other trauma;
- Severe burns;
- Soft tissue damage;
- Toxic exposure;
- Respiratory problems and lung damage;
- Permanent scarring and disfigurement; and
- Wrongful death.
All of the above injuries can have life-altering impacts on victims’ lives. Victims may be forced to endure extensive and ongoing medical treatment. If you, or a loved one, have been hurt in a vehicle fire car accident, you should contact Jed Dietrich, Esq., acclaimed as an American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Attorneys, and his veteran team attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. to learn more about your legal rights.Tips For Preventing Your Car From Catching Fire
Since car fires are primarily caused by accidents and manufacturing defects, preventing them may not always possible. Nevertheless, certain safety precautions can reduce the dangers of being in a car fire. The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) recommends the following guidelines for preventing and handling car fires:
- Always drive safely and defensively to avoid any accidents;
- Ensure that your vehicle is serviced regularly by a qualified mechanic;
- If you notice any leaks, get your car checked as soon as possible;
- If you carry extra gas, transport only a small amount in a certified gas can;
- The passenger compartment should never be used to transport gas cans or propane cylinders;
- If your car catches on fire after an accident, turn off the engine immediately;
- Get all occupants out of a burning vehicle immediately;
- Do not return to an inflamed car for any reason;
- Get at least 100 feet away from the burning car; and
- Call 911 the second you reach safety.
Practicing law the Dietrich way, we are: determined, disciplined, and dedicated to your cause. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s best of the best team has a long track record of obtaining justice for victims of devastating car fire accidents. Our experienced attorneys will act practically and appropriately to develop the most effective legal strategies to prove liability, enhance your chances of obtaining the maximum compensation for all injuries suffered, and ensure that justice prevails. Insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq., recognized as an Attorney and Practice Magazine’s Top 10 Personal Injury Attorney, and his highly experienced team of vehicle fire car accident injury attorneys in Buffalo, New York at least $1,000,000.00 or more 33 times to compensate his clients for their serious personal injuries. The Dietrich Legal Team will zealously battle to attempt to obtain the best result for your vehicle fire car accident claim. Call us today at 716-839-3939.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!