Sun Glare Accident
Jed Dietrich, Esq. Fights to Obtain the Best Result for People Injured in Car Accidents Caused by Someone Else’s Negligence in Buffalo, New York.
Almost every driver has had the experience of driving down the road on a sunny day and suddenly needing to squint or pull down the sun visor because of a blinding sun glare. While a sun visor may ease the sun glare coming from high in the sky, it fails to provide much relief from sun glare radiating from closer to the surface of the road. Being unable to see because of the sun can be a frightening and dangerous situation for drivers.
When the sun’s bright light shines into a driver’s eyes or reflects off surfaces on the road or in the car, a driver’s sight may be impaired. This impairment could lead to an accident causing injuries or even death. Research conducted by the Insurance Information Institute reveals that in 2017, there were 1,581 fatal crashes related to obscured vision, including sun glare. However, that number is likely to be significantly higher because the sun is often not cited as the cause of an accident, although it might have been. Another study revealed that on bright sunny days, severe car accidents increase by 16%.
Sight is the most vital sense for motorists when driving. Without it, they are placed in a tremendously dangerous situation. Nevertheless, New York law does not excuse drivers from liability for accidents caused by sun glare. Every driver assumes a legal responsibility to exercise caution and due care regardless of the weather conditions. If you, or a loved one, were injured in a car accident caused by a driver affected by sun glare, Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of sun glare car accident lawyers in Buffalo, New York are here for you. We are determined, disciplined and dedicated to obtaining the best possible results for those suffering personal injuries in Buffalo, Rochester, Niagara Falls and throughout New York State. Victims of sun glare accidents may be eligible for monetary compensation for their medical treatment, pain and suffering, lost wages and future losses.
Jed Dietrich, Esq. founded the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. in 2005 with a mission to provide the highest level of personal injury service to the people of Buffalo, New York and beyond. Since then, former clients of the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. have repeatedly said that Jed Dietrich, Esq. is the best personal injury lawyer in Buffalo, New York. View our clients’ testimonials by clicking here. Additionally, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. earned recognition by Expertise LLC as Best Car Accident Lawyers in Buffalo 2019.
Insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq. over $150 Million to resolve injury claims. Contact our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking team of Buffalo, New York sunny day car accident attorneys today at (716) 839-3939 so that we can fight to attempt to obtain the best result for your injuries!How Does Sun Glare Cause Car Accidents?
Accidents resulting from sun glare are most common during the fall and winter months, after the trees lose their leaves, because there is typically less cover from the sun’s rays. Sun glare may only take place for a few seconds, but even those few seconds of impaired vision are enough to cause a devastating accident.
In general, there are three main ways that drivers find themselves blinded by the sun:
- The sun is shining directly in front of the driver and the full rays of the sun blind them;
- The sun is at an angle to the vehicle and dirt, water or streaks on the windshield illuminate, making it difficult to see; or
- Sunbeams reflect off of another surface, such as the road or car dashboard, generating glare and interfering with the driver’s ability to see. This commonly happens during colder temperatures when water, snow or ice on the ground produces a reflective surface.
If you, or a loved one, were injured by an accident caused by sun glare, contact the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., recognized as a Best Law Firm of America, today at (716) 839-3939. Our team of highly experienced and top rated Buffalo, New York obscured vision car accident lawyers will fight for the compensation that you deserve for the injuries you suffered. This may include monetary compensation for your medical bills, lost time from work and pain and suffering.The Most Effective Ways to Reduce Sun Glare Crashes
Drivers can take several different measures to help decrease the likelihood of a sun glare accident, including:
- Make use of sun visors when necessary: Even though sun visors may not block all of the glare coming from outside close to the road surface or inside a car, a visor can help block direct sunlight, making it easier to see.
- Wear polarized sunglasses: Polarized sunglasses can help reduce sun glare and make seeing in adverse lighting conditions easier.
- Keep a clean car: Maintaining a clean dashboard and windshield can help improve your ability to see clearly. Cluttered dashboards or dirty windshields can impair a driver’s vision and make sun glare even more challenging to deal with.
- Make sure your wiper fluid is filled: Just in case your windshield gets dirty, using the wipers will increase your visibility.
- Avoid driving with sun glare: If necessary, alter your driving route to avoid areas with excessive sun glare. Drivers heading west in the early evening are much more likely to experience sun glare than if they altered directions. Try taking a different route that takes you out of the direct path of the sunlight or has more tree coverage.
- Allow more space between other vehicles: Sun glare can make it hard to accurately estimate the distance between your car and others. By maintaining a larger buffer zone between other vehicles, you will have extra time to stop when needed.
- Put off your drive until sun conditions change: Often, it does not take a long time for lighting conditions to alter. Waiting only 30 minutes to an hour before driving can lower sun glare to more bearable amounts.
WERE YOU INJURED IN A CAR ACCIDENT CAUSED BY SUN GLARE IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK CAR ACCIDENT INJURY LAWYERS AT (716) 839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Under New York law, sun glare does not change who is at fault for an accident and is not considered a legal justification. Every driver has a duty to exercise reasonable care in the operation of their vehicle, which includes taking basic precautions and considering hazardous road conditions, adverse weather and sun glare. Sun glare is typically considered an avoidable danger. Just as a driver who carelessly tailgates another in heavy snow, it is also viewed as careless to drive a car on a sunny day without taking proper precautions to counter the glare.
A driver’s due care requires him or her to drive differently under any diverse weather conditions. If the sun is glaring in your eyes, due care entails having the means to deal with this probable and unavoidable condition. If you were a victim of a sun glare accident, do not be afraid of consulting with an experienced personal injury attorney to weigh your legal options. Other drivers should be held liable for the crashes that they cause. Even if your car accident was caused by sun glare, the driver who crashed into you can still be found negligent for not taking proper safety precautions. You may be entitled to receive financial compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, property damage and other unexpected consequences.
Practicing law the Dietrich way, we are: determined, disciplined and dedicated to your cause. Insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his highly experienced, top rated and elite team of sun glare accident injury lawyers in Buffalo, New York at least $1,000,000.00, or more, 33 times to compensate his clients for their serious personal injuries. We understand how to properly and aggressively pursue sun glare accident injury claims. The Dietrich Legal Team will zealously battle to attempt to obtain the best result for your Buffalo, New York personal injury claim. Contact us today at (716) 839-3939.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (716) 839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!