Buffalo Car Accidents Caused By Deadly Curves
Jed Dietrich, Esq. and His Team of Assertive, Persistent, and Diligent Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., Designated as a Best Law Firm of America, Take Forceful Legal Action to Obtain Extraordinary Results for Victims of Crashes on Dangerous Curves in Buffalo, New York, Erie County, and Beyond.
Deadly curves are a critical safety risk to even the most skilled drivers. A dangerous curve is an extremely tight turn or extended section of a roadway that wraps around a sharp corner. Curvy roads play a key factor in many severe and deadly car accidents throughout Western New York. While these curves can appear suddenly, like an abrupt U-turn or blind turn, other curves occur more gradually. Regardless of how wide a turn may be, all curves require an appropriate level of maneuvering and speed for cars to maintain traction throughout. Deadly curves are notorious for causing abrupt shifts in the weight, momentum, and velocity of vehicles. Far too often, even slight changes in a vehicle’s centrifugal force can cause drivers to lose control. For example, a 26-year-old man struck the center portion of the 198 Bridge after he lost control of his vehicle on the Delaware Avenue S-curves.
Regardless of caution signs and other posted warnings, tight turns and treacherous curves significantly increase the occurrence of accidents. However, when these hazardous conditions lack sufficient warnings, it can lead to fatal single-car and multi-vehicle collisions. If you suffered injuries in a curve-related crash, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. would like to help you pursue the compensation that you deserve. Considering the horrible consequences that your deadly curve collision may have on your health and livelihood, such as missed work, piling hospital bills, debilitating disabilities, and diminished earning capacity, you owe it to yourself to hire Erie County’s finest personal injury attorney.
Jed Dietrich, Esq., much-admired as an American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Attorneys, brings more than 23 years of litigation experience to his legal practice. During this time, Jed Dietrich, Esq., has uncompromisingly obtained over $175 million in verdicts and settlements for injured clients, including many car accident victims. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s highly qualified lawyers are pleased to dedicate the necessary individualized attention to help you get through this difficult time. Our seasoned team promises to provide you with the committed legal representation that you need. If you have any questions about your claim, please feel free to contact us for a free, no-obligation consultation. Our leading lawyers are available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week by calling 716-839-3939 or filling out the online consultation form.Common Causes Of Curve-Related Car Crashes
The two biggest dangers regarding deadly curves are losing control of your vehicle and smashing into others on the road. When taking a sharp curve, it is not uncommon for acceleration and inertia to cause a car’s tires to continue advancing. This can cause the equilibrium of your vehicle to alter drastically and skid. Consequently, sharp curves are often extremely dangerous. Some factors regularly involved in car accidents on deadly curves include:
- The road’s overall condition;
- Lack of curve warning signs or chevron arrows;
- Poor roadway upkeep, like obstructed warning signs;
- The surface material used to construct the road;
- Debris on the road;
- Inadequate road design, such as roads that are too narrow and lack adequate shoulder areas;
- Damaged roads, like potholes and uneven surfaces;
- Inclement weather conditions;
- Poor visibility conditions;
- Missing guardrails;
- Inexperienced motorists; and
- A vehicle’s poor handling, inadequate tires, or worn brakes.
While the above elements often play a huge role in collisions, many sharp curve collisions are due to driver error, such as speeding or distracted driving. Additionally, different types of curves, like blind curves, S curves, downhill curves, and banked curves, tend to be particularly treacherous. Following your deadly curve collision, it is vital to establish liability and validate your damages. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s battle-tested lawyers will use our close professional relations with accident reconstruction experts, members of law enforcement, and healthcare providers to help us ascertain liability for your accident.
DID YOU, OR A LOVED ONE, SUFFER SEVERE INJURIES IN A CAR CRASH WHILE DRIVING ON A DANGEROUS CURVE IN BUFFALO, ERIE COUNTY OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS ELITE AND HIGHLY SKILLED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK, DEADLY CURVE CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU DESERVE!
The most effective way to prevent car accidents on deadly curves is by simply driving more cautiously. Unfortunately, many motorists fail to perceive the dangers of navigating steep curves until it is already too late. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s veteran attorneys recommend the following tips for driving safer on curves:
- Slow Down: Most unsafe curves have specific speed limits posted for careful navigation. It is critical to follow the speed limit or, if necessary, drive even slower. Even if an upcoming curve does not have a posted limit, the first rule is to always slow down.
- Pay Attention: Curves can be very deceptive and appear out of nowhere. Many distracted drivers fail to realize that a dangerous curve is approaching until it is too late. You must always keep an eye out for warning signs and drive accordingly.
- Never Tailgate: If you are following another car too closely, you will have much less time to react. Thus, give yourself at least a 3-second following distance.
- Avoid Crossing the Centerline: When taking a turn, you may be tempted to cut the corner. However, this risky maneuver can place you in the path of oncoming vehicles and drastically heighten your risk of an accident.
- Brake Before the Curve: When approaching a curve, it is important to slow down before turning. Avoid waiting until you are already making the turn to brake because this could cause you to lose control. Your speed should remain smooth and constant throughout the turn.
- Accelerate Through: You should release the brake as you reach the center of the curve. Once you see the road begin to straighten out, you can gently start accelerating to enhance the traction of your vehicle.
- Do Not Pass: Sharp curves can greatly impair your visibility. Never overtake other vehicles on curvy roads or before an imminent curve. Ensure that you have plenty of room to safely navigate around other vehicles before attempting to pass.
- Drive Defensively: Always remain mindful of road conditions and other drivers around you. When driving through a curve, navigate your car along the edge of the lane opposite to the curve’s direction. This will help reduce the sharpness of the curve and your risk of skidding.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s compassionate team recognizes how easy it is to lose control of your vehicle on a deadly curve. Even the smallest oversight can lead to an annihilating accident. Jed Dietrich, Esq. has forced insurance companies to forfeit at least $1,000,000.00 or more 38 times to compensate his clients. You owe it to yourself to let Jed Dietrich, Esq., and his elite dangerous curve car accident lawyers litigate your case and demand the money that you deserve. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s seasoned team promises to do our best to surpass your expectations and deliver the best possible outcome. Please, call us now at 716-839-3939 to learn more about how we can help you!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!