School Zone Car Accidents In Buffalo, New York
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Distinguished as a New York Super Lawyer and American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year, and His Team of Battle-Tested Lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. Fight to Obtain the Best Result for Victims of School Zone Accidents in Buffalo, New York.
School zones were designed primarily to caution drivers of the presence of children in the area. Besides a lot of children being in school zones, there can be congestion from school buses and other vehicles dropping off and picking kids up from school. For this reason, school zones have reduced speed limits. When entering school zones, every driver has a responsibility to pay special attention to speed limits, traffic signals, buses, and pedestrians. Nevertheless, some motorists driving through these areas choose to drive distracted or disregard speed limits. When drivers fail to be extra cautious in school zones, unfortunate accidents can occur. With lots of children in the vicinity, the results can be catastrophic.
Children face considerable risks of suffering severe injuries or worse in school zone accidents. These devastating mishaps can significantly change the lives of injured children, as well as their families. According to Safe Kids Worldwide, there are 5 teen pedestrian fatalities per week in the United States. Countless young, innocent lives have been tragically taken because drivers neglected to exercise extra caution around schools. No child should have to bear the physical and emotional scars of another’s negligence or recklessness. The parents or guardians of a child who was hurt in a school zone accident may be entitled to compensation for their injuries. Pursuing a personal injury claim against those responsible for your child’s accident may be the only way to begin to recover.
If your child was seriously injured in an accident, you should make taking care of him or her your primary concern; our veteran lawyers are here to help with everything else. Jed Dietrich, Esq. recognizes the pain and sorrow that parents may feel after their child is seriously harmed. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s compassionate attorneys have seen the impact that the grave injuries suffered by children can have on them, and ultimately their loved ones. Our elite team possesses the knowledge and skills necessary to thoroughly investigate your child’s accident and ensure that he or she is in a position to obtain the highest possible recovery for their injuries. If your child was injured close to school, contact Jed Dietrich, Esq., recognized as an American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Attorney, and his seasoned team of Buffalo, New York school zone injury lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. for a free consultation. Time and time again, former clients of the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. have said that Jed Dietrich, Esq. is the best personal injury lawyer in Western New York. View our Google 5 Star rating and clients’ testimonials by clicking here. Our team is available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week at 716-839-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form.Common Causes Of School Zone Accidents
School zone mishaps often involve various factors, including:
- Distracted Driving: Studies have shown that distracted drivers are 3 times more likely to crash. While distracted driving is an issue in many accidents, it can be especially dangerous in school zones. Distracted drivers can easily fail to see a child crossing, miss a bus stopping to let children off, or overlook a crossing guard signaling for them to stop.
- Distracted Walking: Younger children can become distracted and may not understand the importance of following safety rules, such as observing traffic lights, paying attention to crossing guards, and only crossing in designated crosswalks. On the other hand, teenagers tend to be more sidetracked by smartphones and iPads.
- Frequent Stops: School zones are commonplace for frequent stops. It is not unusual for crossing guards to order traffic to repeatedly stop to allow children to cross. Even when drivers are paying attention and obeying the speed limit, multiple stops greatly increase the risk of rear-end collisions.
- Speeding: Lower speed limits in school zones are meant to provide drivers with more response time. If a child unexpectedly walks into the road or another vehicle suddenly stops, speeding drivers may not be able to react fast enough. Even at 20 mph, the average passenger vehicle requires roughly 23 feet to reach a complete stop.
WAS YOUR CHILD SERIOUSLY INJURED IN A SCHOOL ZONE-RELATED CAR ACCIDENT IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER, OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK SCHOOL ZONE CAR ACCIDENT INJURY LAWYERS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU DESERVE!
Often, young children do not fully understand the purpose of traffic laws. Adolescents are more likely to ignore traffic signals or misjudge the speed of cars. Approximately 80 percent of students practice some form of unsafe street-crossing behavior. Some children may be impulsive and run into the street, falsely assuming that they are safe in a school zone. On the other hand, 1 in 4 high school students has been observed walking while distracted. It is imperative to lead by example and teach our children safe walking practices from a young age so that they can remain in one piece. Safe school zone walking practices include:
- Always look both ways before crossing the street;
- Follow traffic signals and instructions from crossing guards;
- Never assume a driver will stop;
- Never wear headphones, especially when crossing the street;
- Refrain from texting while walking in a school zone;
- Never horseplay in a school zone; and
- Always pay complete attention to all surroundings.
Victims of school zone accidents caused by someone else’s negligence may be entitled to monetary compensation for their injuries. The parents or legal guardians of a minor can pursue a personal injury lawsuit on the child’s behalf to recover damages. This may include compensation for pain and suffering, accident-related medical expenses, and missed time from school or work, your child’s diminished future loss of earning capacity, loss of enjoyment of life, permanent disabilities suffered, and all other resulting damages.Safer Driving in School Zones
Every driver must make an extra effort to drive carefully in school zones. Given the importance of driving safely in the presence of children and the obvious dangers that can arise when overlooking the additional caution required in school zones, we recommend the following:
- Expect the unexpected, especially from young children;
- Leave early to provide more time for your commute;
- Avoid all unnecessary distractions;
- Reduce your speed before entering school zones;
- Pay special attention to crosswalks and traffic signals;
- Always obey crossing guards;
- Never pass a school bus with flashing lights; and
- Drive defensively.
Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq., a proud member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, has exclusively handled serious personal injury cases. Jed Dietrich, Esq. has battled to obtain over $175 million in verdicts and settlements for victims who were injured in Buffalo, New York; Rochester, New York; Niagara Falls, New York; throughout New York State and beyond.
Our honorable commitment to exceeding your expectations and delivering an exceptional outcome is what sets us apart from the competition. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. offers complimentary lawsuit evaluations and consultations. Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his team of personal injury attorneys would be honored to speak with you about your child’s school zone-related injuries. Our exceptional team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at 716-839-3939, or by filling out the online consultation form. We are the aggressive, tenacious, and hardworking personal injury lawyers who are ready to fight for the compensation that your child deserves!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!