Renting a limousine can be a fun and entertaining way to celebrate special occasions such as high school proms, weddings and birthday parties. Nevertheless, passengers enjoying their night out rarely consider the dangers associated with riding in a limo. The weight of the limo, especially when overcrowded, requires much longer stopping distances. Often passengers neglect to wear seatbelts and drivers spend countless hours behind the wheel. All of these factors make even the most extravagant limousines inherently dangerous and susceptible to devastating accidents. What begins as a luxurious night out for some can instantly take a dreadful turn, causing severe injuries or even fatalities to both the limousine’s passengers and occupants of other vehicles.
Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq., recognized as an Elite Lawyer of America and a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, has battled to obtain over $175 Million in verdicts and settlements for people who were seriously injured in Buffalo, New York and beyond. We are determined, disciplined and dedicated to obtaining the best possible results for those suffering personal injuries throughout New York State. Victims of limousine accidents may be eligible for monetary compensation for their medical treatment, lost wages and other damages through a personal injury lawsuit. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s team of highly experienced and top rated limousine accident injury lawyers in Buffalo, New York will strive to obtain the best result possible for victims of limo accidents. Our honorable commitment to exceeding your expectations and delivering an excellent outcome is what sets us apart from the competition. Call us today at 716-839-3939 to find out how we can help you!
Typically, careless or negligent limousine drivers are responsible for a substantial portion of limo-related accidents. Some of the most common causes of limousine crashes include:
- Driver oversight: This category includes crashes caused by drivers who speed, drive impulsively, fail to check their blind spots before changing lanes or do not consider the longer stopping distances needed.
- Lack of driving experience: Many drivers are inexperienced behind the wheel of a limo. Drivers might not receive proper training on how to safely transport passengers. Novice drivers are more likely to make errors and get into avoidable accidents.
- Driver fatigue: Some limo drivers work long hours and have demanding schedules. These drivers may get sleepy behind the wheel, especially when they are required to drive for an all-night event. This can result in drivers losing focus while driving or overlooking vital safety procedures.
- Distracted driving: When driving around for hours on end, chauffeurs may use their smartphone or decide to eat behind the wheel. Anything that takes a driver’s complete attention off the road can rapidly result in an accident.
- Limo mechanical malfunctions: Routine maintenance and critical limo repairs may be passed over to save on expenses. For example, old and worn tires can blowout, causing a disastrous collision.
After your limousine accident, our Buffalo, New York limo crash injury attorneys will take immediate action to investigate the accident, determine who is liable to you and file a timely claim to preserve your rights. Our team is available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week at 716-839-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form. Call us today for the help that you need.
Being involved in a limo accident can be a traumatic experience. Accident victims may be in shock and worried about their wellbeing or the condition of friends and loved ones. The following suggestions can help efficiently handle the situation as well as strengthen your personal injury claim:
- Seek medical attention: The number one priority of all passengers or other drivers involved in a limo accident should be to seek medical treatment for any injuries. If an ambulance is needed, be sure to call 911 immediately. Even if you are not seriously injured, it never hurts to be examined by a doctor.
- Call the police: While you are still at the scene of the accident, call the police. Request them to file an accident report and ask for a copy. An accident report can assist your lawyer in determining who was at fault.
- Take photos: Take pictures and/or videos of the scene of the accident, damage to the limo and any other vehicles, as well as any injuries sustained to help document your personal injury claim.
- Talk to witnesses: Bystanders nearby may have seen crucial details regarding the accident. Write down the name and contact information of witnesses that saw what happened.
- Contact a lawyer: An experienced personal injury lawyer like Jed Dietrich, Esq. will thoroughly investigate your limo accident, evaluate whether or not you may be eligible for compensation for your injuries and determine what the best course of action to take is. Call Jed Dietrich, Esq. today at 716-839-3939 for your free case evaluation.
WERE YOU INJURED IN A LIMOUSINE ACCIDENT CAUSED BY A NEGLIGENT DRIVER IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS AGGRESSIVE, TENACIOUS AND HARDWORKING TEAM OF LIMOUSINE ACCIDENT INJURY LAWYERS IN BUFFALO, NEW YORK AT 716-839-3939 TODAY!
Victims of limousine accidents caused by someone else’s negligence may be entitled to monetary compensation for their injuries. The following parties may be held liable for your injuries:
- Limousine driver: Limo drivers have a legal obligation to safely transport their passengers without getting into an accident. Drivers can be held liable when accidents are attributed to their negligence.
- Limousine company: Limo companies can be held liable for any issues regarding the overall safety of their limos, drivers or operations.
- Maintenance company: The Limo company may contract out routine inspections and maintenance to outside companies. If a maintenance shop fails to sufficiently maintain the mechanical condition of the limo, they may be held liable.
- Other motorists: Drivers of other vehicles may be held liable for negligent or reckless driving. When a driver of another vehicle caused the accident, victims can file a claim against that driver.
Our team of highly experienced and top rated limousine accident injury lawyers in Buffalo, New York will fight for the compensation that you deserve for the injuries that you suffered. This may include monetary compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering and other accident-related expenses. Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., recognized as a Best Law Firm of America, today at 716-839-3939 to find out if you may be eligible for compensation.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!