Buffalo, New York, Car Accidents At Drive-Thru Restaurants
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Recognized by Numerous Legal Institutions as a Brilliant Litigator, and His Veteran Team of Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., Acclaimed by Expertise LLC as Best Car Accident Lawyers, Fight Uncompromisingly to Demand Unrivaled Results for Victims Injured in Collisions at Drive-Thru Restaurants in Buffalo, New York, Throughout New York State, and Beyond.
Drive-thru restaurants are an extremely fast and convenient way to get food. They provide patrons with a chance to grab something to eat without leaving the comfort of their vehicles. Whether you are running late to work and want to grab a quick Starbucks Frappuccino or you are a busy parent trying to feed hungry kids, drive-thrus have something for everyone. While drive-thrus have been commonly associated with fast-food chains, such as Burger King and McDonald’s, many non-traditional drive-thru ordering systems became popular as a result of social distancing. Unfortunately, all of the conveniences that come with ordering drive-thru food are not without risk.
Whether you are waiting in a drive-thru to order, pay, or pick up your food, you could be the victim of a devastating car accident. Occupants of vehicles in drive-thrus often unbuckle their seatbelts and are unprepared for sudden impacts. Therefore, even at low speeds, suffering any type of car accident on the restaurant premises could lead to significant harm, like severe burns due to spilled coffee, traumatic brain injuries, whiplash, broken bones, sprains, and hairline fractures. Additionally, fender benders are enough to aggravate pre-existing conditions. Suppose that you, or a loved one, were unfortunate enough to be involved in a drive-thru collision. In that case, the best thing that you can do is consult with a top rated personal injury attorney for more details about your potential lawsuit.
At the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., our elite attorneys have decades of practice litigating all sorts of personal injury cases. We take great pride in fighting for the legal rights of victims and their loved ones. Our battle-tested team has the expertise and resources, and we are not afraid to take on the biggest fast-food chains and negligent motorists. Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has exclusively handled personal injury cases, including thousands of car crashes. Jed Dietrich, Esq. has secured over $175 million in judgments and settlements for injury victims in Buffalo, New York, throughout New York State, and beyond. Working with a leading drive-thru restaurant car accident attorney is the best way to obtain the highest possible compensation. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s seasoned team would be honored to provide you with a complimentary lawsuit assessment and consultation. We are available 24/7 by dialing (716) 839-3939 or by completing our online consultation form. When you are ready to learn how the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s best of the best can help you, please contact us.Why Car Crashes Occur at Drive-Thru Restaurants
Since drive-thru traffic tends to move much slower, this often leads drivers to be less cautious. Motorists are more likely to concentrate on the menu board than on nearby vehicles. Consequently, car accidents while in restaurant drive-thru lines occur more often than you would think. Some of the most common causes of collisions at drive-thrus include:
- Distracted Driving: It is not uncommon for drivers to get distracted while stuck at a busy drive-thru. The longer patrons are in line to get their food, the higher likelihood that they begin to focus their attention on something else. Many motorists use the time spent waiting to check their social media and text messages.
- Lowered Defenses: Due to the slow speeds, many motorists let their guards down upon entering into line. This typically makes them less aware of other vehicles.
- Tailgating: Hungry motorists in drive-thrus often follow other vehicles too closely in an attempt to get their food faster.
- Abrupt Movements: In busy drive-thrus, motorists spend most of their time waiting in line before ordering and then slowly inching forward to the next window. All of the stop-and-go can cause drivers to accidentally hit the gas too much and then slam on their brakes.
- Speeding: Impatient motorists may speed to beat other vehicles to the drive-thru line. After getting food, some patrons race out of the restaurant’s parking lot to make up for lost time.
- Road Rage: Waiting in a long drive-thru line can get extremely frustrating. When combined with hunger, this can lead to aggressive driving.
- Failing to Yield: After getting their order, some hungry drivers are too busy digging into their food bags or drinking their favorite sodas to yield the right-of-way to approaching vehicles on the road.
- Unmaintained Premises: Some restaurants inadequately maintain their drive-thru lanes and parking lots. This can bring about icy conditions during the long winter and other hazardous driving conditions.
WERE YOU, OR SOMEONE THAT YOU CARE ABOUT, SEVERELY INJURED IN A
CAR CRASH WHILE ORDERING FAST-FOOD AT A DRIVE-THRU IN BUFFALO,
NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER, OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND ELITE TEAM OF BUFFALO,
NEW YORK, DRIVE-THRU CAR ACCIDENT INJURY ATTORNEYS AT
(716) 839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU DESERVE!
Millions of Americans head to the drive-thru of their favorite restaurant or café every day. With everyone in a hurry to get their food, the average drive-thru restaurant can be a very hectic place. There is also a constant flow of traffic coming in and out of drive-thrus. Some of the most common crashes that occur at drive-thrus include:
- Rear-End Accidents: Due to inattentive drivers, rear-enders are by far the most common type of car crash at drive-thrus. Distracted drivers often hit their gas pedals, causing fender-benders with vehicles in front.
- Reverse Collisions: At drive-thru restaurants, some drivers change their minds and attempt to back up to order more food. Moving backward can result in a reverse accident with unsuspecting vehicles behind.
- T-Bones: These accidents frequently happen while motorists are exiting drive-thru lanes and fail to see cars turning in front of them. This results in the negligent driver smashing into the side of the other vehicle.
- Sideswipes: Side impact collisions can occur when a driver is trying to enter the drive-in line and makes parallel contact with a vehicle already waiting.
- Single Vehicle Crashes: These are especially common among distracted drivers and usually involve hitting stationary objects, such as the restaurant building, dumpsters, or the menu board.
After many years of experience litigating car accidents, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s battle-tested attorneys understand why and how these types of collisions occur. Similar to other stop-and-go accidents, drive-thru restaurant crashes can result in serious injuries, emotional trauma, and costly property damage. Please do not let the hospital bills continue to pile up while you wait for the responsible party or their insurance company to offer a lowball settlement. Your claim will be much easier if you have the Dietrich Legal Team’s veteran attorneys fighting on your side. For more information on the most appropriate course of action, please do not hesitate to contact Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his best of the best Buffalo, New York team. Allow us to start meticulously analyzing all of the nuances of your crash and build the strongest case possible. Contact us today at (716) 839-3939 or by filling out our online consultation form.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (716) 839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!