Buffalo, New York, Car Accidents Caused By Failing To Yield The Right-Of-Way At A Stop Sign
Jed Dietrich, Esq., Applauded as a New York Super Lawyer, and His Team of Aggressive, Tenacious, and Hardworking Lawyers at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., Celebrated as an American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Personal Injury Law Firm, Assertively Litigates Cases to Obtain the Highest Possible Compensation for Victims of Car Collisions Caused by Failing to Yield the Right-of-Way at Stop Signs in Buffalo, New York.
Under New York Vehicle and Traffic Law, Section 1172 (a), when a driver is approaching a stop sign, they must come to a complete stop at the marked stop line. If there is no obvious stop line, the driver is required to stop before going into the crosswalk or entering the intersection. After stopping, drivers are legally obligated to wait for other vehicles that came first to go and ensure that the road is clear before proceeding. In other words, drivers are required to yield the right-of-way to all traffic traveling within or across the intersection. Stop signs were designed to prevent accidents at crossroads, intersections, and four-way stops. When drivers properly observe stop signs and right-of-way rules, roads can stay safe for drivers and pedestrians alike. Regretfully, speeding, drunk, or distracted drivers occasionally disregard or fail to see stop signs. When drivers do not stop or fail to yield, they can cause catastrophic car crashes and resulting injuries.
According to the U.S. Department of Transportation, there were over 10,100 traffic fatalities at intersections in a single recent year. If you, or someone close to you, was brutally injured in an accident caused by another’s failure to yield to the right-of-way at a stop sign, you owe it to yourself to hire an elite personal injury attorney. The battle-tested attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. have decades of experience in seeking justice for victims of car crashes. Our seasoned team has assisted countless clients, and their families get their lives back together after dreadful collisions. Jed Dietrich, Esq., renowned as an American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year, and his team of veteran attorneys have the knowledge and power necessary to demand the highest possible compensation.
Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq. has successfully obtained over $175 Million in judgments and settlements for victims who were injured, including a $1,867,000.00 verdict for a 37-year-old man injured in a T-bone accident. We contribute our extraordinary results to our team’s vast legal expertise, impeccable attention to detail, and meticulous level of preparation. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s best of the best provide free lawsuit reviews and consultations. It would be our pleasure to discuss your potential claim in further detail. Our compassionate team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at (716) 839-3939, or by filling out the online consultation form.Typical Types of Accidents Involving Stop Signs
As reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), over 30% of all collisions at intersections take place at intersections regulated by stop signs. Common failure to yield to the right-of-way accidents at stop signs include:
- Neighborhood Stop Sign Intersections: Stop signs are positioned to control traffic at intersections and in some situations to help to reduce speeding in neighborhoods or subdivisions that have high pedestrian populations. Due to the abundance and close proximity of stop signs in these areas, drivers may make rolling stops. Failing to come to a complete stop can lead to an accident because motorists are not stopped long enough to notice oncoming traffic.
- Following Too Closely: When stopping, some drivers leave very little space between the car in front. If the driver is not paying attention, they may not notice the front car’s brake lights and rear-end them.
- Failing to Recognize 2-Way Stop Sign Intersections: Mistaken assumptions that cross-traffic has to stop at a 2-way stop sign intersection commonly causes failure to yield the right-of-way accidents. These kinds of accidents typically involve a driver who stops at the sign. Upon looking both ways, he or she notices an oncoming vehicle but falsely presumes that it will also have to stop. Consequently, the driver proceeds forward into the path of the other vehicle and T-bones them.
- Impatience at 4-Way Stops: The drivers at 4-way stop intersections have to take turns before proceeding. When a driver goes before his or her turn or completely fails to stop, another vehicle with the right-of-way could collide with the impatient driver.
- Obstructed Stop Signs: Some stop signs may be harder to see because of buildings, bushes, trees, or other obstructions. Drivers who are unfamiliar with the area may fail to notice the sign and crash because they accidentally ran through the intersection. Local governments and property owners are legally obligated to ensure that stop signs are visible.
DID YOU, OR A FAMILY MEMBER, SUFFER BRUTAL INJURIES IN A CAR ACCIDENT CAUSED BY ANOTHER’S FAILURE TO YIELD THE RIGHT-OF-WAY AT A STOP SIGN IN BUFFALO, NEW YORK?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS OUTSTANDING AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK, FAILURE TO YIELD AT A STOP SIGN ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS AT (716)-839-3939 NOW TO GET THE QUALITY OF REPRESENTATION THAT YOU DESERVE!
By yielding to the right-of-way at stop signs in the first place, drivers can prevent unnecessary accidents and resulting injuries. Unfortunately, even when there is a stop sign present, it does not mean that all drivers will obey it. It is crucial for you to always drive cautiously and keep a safe distance away from motorists who are engaging in dangerous behaviors. Some important precautions that will help you avoid failing to yield at a stop sign include:
- Focus on Your Surroundings: When you are stopped at a stop sign, always look in both directions to ensure that it is safe to proceed. If another vehicle does not seem like it will stop, wait for them to pass before advancing.
- Anticipate the Need to Stop: Oftentimes, you will notice a stop sign clearly as you approach from a distance. In other situations, blind curves or hills may make signs harder to see. If you are unfamiliar with an area, it is critical to be prepared to stop or slow down at all times.
- Make Eye Contact: Never take for granted that other drivers see you. When driving at night or at other times of low visibility, always turn on your headlights. Try to make eye contact with other motorists before continuing through stop signs or intersections.
- Know Who Has the Right-of-Way: Remember that the first car to arrive at an intersection has the right-of-way. When two vehicles reach an intersection simultaneously, the driver on the right gets to go first.
Your personal injury claim is extremely important to Jed Dietrich, Esq. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s elite lawyers will do everything within our power to obtain the highest possible compensation for all of your damages. However, this does not mean that we will ever accept a lowball settlement offer. Unlike other law firms, we will never urge you into settling for less just to avoid going to trial. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. prepares every case with the same amount of commitment and determination. If the insurance company refuses to settle your claim for an amount that will allow you to move on with your life, we will not hesitate to bring your lawsuit to court. Jed Dietrich, Esq., highly praised as an American Institute of Trial Lawyers Litigator of the Year, has tried over 100 cases to judgment. Please contact Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his seasoned team of failure to yield the right-of-way at a stop sign accident lawyers today at (716) 839-3939 or by filling out the online consultation form.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (716) 839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!