Buffalo's Top Rated Injury Lawyers for Car Accidents That Occur When Driving at Night
Jed Dietrich, Esq., an Honored Member of the Super Lawyers of America and the Top 3 Personal Injury Lawyers in Buffalo, and His Battle-tested Team of Attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., Recognized as an American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Personal Injury Law Firm, Aggressively Litigate to Demand Unsurpassed Results for Victims Injured in Nighttime Car Collisions in Buffalo, New York.
According to the National Safety Council (NSC), the risk of suffering a deadly collision when driving at night is 3 times higher per mile driven. Although only 25 percent of driving is performed at night, approximately 50 percent of all traffic fatalities happen in the evening. Nighttime car accidents can occur at any time, from nightfall to sunrise, but the deadliest hours to be behind the wheel are from midnight to 4 a.m. While there are fewer vehicles on the road at night, many drivers find nighttime driving to be much more challenging. The nighttime acts as a catalyst in fatal accidents because it heightens many other dangerous elements. For instance, motorists are more likely to drive while fatigued, speed, or drink and drive. Drivers may also have difficulty adjusting to the darkness while trying to cope with bright headlights. Consequently, many nighttime crashes would not necessarily happen during the day.
While all car crashes can cause victims serious injuries, psychological pain, emotional trauma, and exorbitant economic damages, losses suffered in nighttime accidents often surpass those that take place during the day. This is because drivers are less likely to attempt to mitigate collisions at night. Fortunately, personal injury accident claims are much easier when you have the right legal team fighting your case. Suppose that you, or a family member, have suffered injuries due to the negligence of another driver at night. In that case, it is crucial to seek the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s elite legal representation.
Since 1999, Jed Dietrich, Esq., a celebrated member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, has exclusively litigated personal injury cases, including numerous car accidents. Jed Dietrich, Esq. has aggressively battled to secure more than $175 million in judgments and settlements for victims who were injured in Buffalo, New York, throughout New York State and beyond. Working with a highly experienced Buffalo car accident lawyer will help provide you with the best chance of securing the highest possible compensation for your damages. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s zealous team would like to reduce your financial burdens and ensure that justice is delivered. Our seasoned team would be honored to provide you with a free lawsuit assessment and consultation. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at (716) 839-3939 or by completing our online consultation form.What Makes Driving at Night Riskier?
From Saturday at 10 p.m. until Sunday at 3:59 a.m., there are an average of 158 fatal driving accidents. That is nearly 2 times the number of deaths that occur on a regular weekday. It is widely acknowledged that driving at night is significantly more dangerous than during the day. Common challenges to nighttime driving on Buffalo, New York roads include:
- Driver Fatigue: The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) data showed that in a recent year alone, fatigued driving resulted in more than 91,000 car accidents. When it gets dark, the brain releases melatonin, which makes drivers sleepy. Even if a driver gets enough sleep, they are still highly susceptible to drowsiness at night. Consequently, motorists have a higher potential of suffering from the effects of fatigue, such as slow reaction times, lower alertness, and falling asleep. Fatigue is also a common issue for commercial truck drivers and others who work long hours.
- Driving Under the Influence: There is a huge difference between the number of alcohol-related collisions at night and during the day. According to the NHTSA, only 18 percent of fatal daytime crashes involve alcohol, while 60 percent of deadly nighttime car accidents are alcohol-related. Motorists at night have a higher potential of driving after going to a social gathering or bar where alcohol is served. After consuming alcohol or drugs, a driver’s perception, motor skills, awareness, vision, and reaction time can all be noticeably altered. Additionally, motorists under the influence are more likely to partake in irresponsible behaviors that heighten the risk of crashing, such as driving aggressively, swerving, or changing lanes erratically.
- Speeding: Driving too fast tends to be a more serious problem at night. The NHTSA’s Traffic Safety Facts show that speeding contributes to nearly twice as many fatal crashes at night compared to during the day.
- Low Visibility: Drivers are often forced to confront the added difficulties of seeing at night as well as glaring headlights. The darkness only allows drivers to see short distances in front and around them, which makes detecting hazards, vehicles, and pedestrians more difficult. Furthermore, as we age, our ability to see at night gradually decreases, and it is tougher for older eyes to adjust back and forth between darkness and the headlights of oncoming vehicles.
WERE YOU SEVERELY INJURED IN A CAR CRASH AT NIGHT THAT WAS
CAUSED BY ANOTHER’S NEGLIGENCE OR RECKLESSNESS IN
BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER, OR OTHER PARTS
OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND ELITE TEAM OF BUFFALO,
NEW YORK, NIGHTTIME CAR ACCIDENT INJURY ATTORNEYS AT
(716) 839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Before heading out for a nighttime drive, it is extremely important to prepare yourself and your vehicle. Since operating a vehicle at night can be extra challenging, it is important to always drive defensively and remain extra cautious. Below, the Dietrich Law Firm P.C.’s concerned team has put together some recommendations to help you safely navigate the road at night:
- Ensure that your headlights are clean and aimed correctly;
- Try and look away from the lights of oncoming vehicles;
- If you start feeling sleepy, pullover and take a nap;
- Dim your dashboard lights;
- Avoid shining your high beams on others;
- Clean your windshield and eliminate all of the streaks;
- Drive a little slower to make up for the limited visibility;
- If you wear glasses, ensure they are anti-glare;
- Give other vehicles more space; and
- Stay clear of any drivers that appear to be under the influence.
Victims of nighttime car accidents often face an uphill battle. You may have hospital bills and other expenses to pay, but your injuries have left you unable to work. Hiring the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. will help provide you with much-needed support and peace of mind. Our battle-tested attorneys will leverage our vast knowledge and experience to successfully negotiate your lawsuit. The Dietrich Law Firm P.C., highly praised by Expertise LLC as Best Car Accident Lawyers in Buffalo, New York, is extremely practiced in pursuing car crash claims. You can reach our seasoned attorneys 24/7 at (716) 839-3939. When you call Jed Dietrich, Esq., documented as an Attorney and Practice Magazine’s Top 10 Personal Injury Attorney, he will thoroughly analyze all of the nuances of your accident and tell you if you have a strong case.
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at (716) 839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!