Rental Car Accident
Jed Dietrich, Esq. is a Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Buffalo, New York Representing People Who Are Injured in Accidents Involving a Rental Car.
In 2018, there were over 2 million rental cars in service throughout the United States. Rental cars are convenient, cost-effective and commonly used by individuals traveling for business and leisure. However, rental cars experience a higher collision rate per registered vehicle when compared to nonrental cars. With more and more rental cars on the road, the likelihood of being involved in a collision with one is constantly growing.
Being involved in any car accident can be a devastating and complicated process. A car accident involving a rental can make that process even more difficult. In addition to your insurance and the other driver’s insurance, the rental company’s insurance also becomes a concern. This additional party creates leeway for all of the insurance companies to attempt to place the blame on one another.
It is because of this added complexity that it is important for you to contact our Buffalo, New York rental car accident lawyers today, at 716-839-3939, for a free consultation. If you were injured in a rental car accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you want the best personal injury lawyer in Buffalo, New York to aggressively and tenaciously fight to get you the best results possible. Jed Dietrich, Esq. is a serious injury attorney in Buffalo, New York who is recognized as a Best Lawyer of America. You can trust Jed Dietrich, Esq. to fight for the compensation that you deserve for your injuries.
The Dietrich Law Firm P.C. is a serious personal injury law firm in Western New York that is recognized as a Best Law Firm of America. Our elite and highly experienced team of attorneys is knowledgeable, aggressive and fully committed to providing the highest level of personal injury representation to rental car accident victims in Buffalo, New York; Niagara Falls, New York; Rochester, New York and throughout New York State.
If you, or a loved one, were involved in a rental car collision, you may be wondering what you should do first. First and foremost, in any collision, get yourself and your loved ones out of harm’s way, then you should call the police and seek medical attention.
It is also important that you, or someone on your behalf, exchange insurance and contact information with the other driver, take pictures of the damage and scene of the collision and document as much information about the collision as possible. Any information that you can gather, such as witness names, will be extremely useful when it comes to determining and proving who was at fault.
Finally, protect your rights and be sure that you will get the full amount of compensation that you deserve, by hiring an experienced rental car accident lawyer in Buffalo, New York, like Jed Dietrich, Esq., who will fight for you. You may be entitled to monetary compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, pain and suffering, loss of companionship and more.
Jed Dietrich, Esq. has successfully obtained more than $150 Million on behalf of his injured clients in Buffalo, New York; Niagara Falls, New York and Rochester, New York. Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. today at 716-839-3939 for your free consultation.
Each case is different when it comes to rental car insurance. A renter may have several insurance policies in place covering the collision. For instance, a car renter may supplement their own personal insurance with the rental car company’s insurance. Generally, the types of insurance involved in rental car collisions include:
- Your No-Fault Insurance: This is coverage that you pay for on your own vehicle. The car that you were driving in will provide you with No-Fault coverage to pay for your medical bills, lost wages and household expenses if you were injured in a car accident;
- The Other Person’s Bodily Injury Insurance: This is the automobile insurance that the other person pays for to protect themselves in the event that they cause bodily injury to another person on the road. You may be eligible to file a claim with the other person’s insurance company to cover your pain and suffering, if you suffered a serious injury, and your economic losses as the result of the accident;
- The Rental Car Company’s Insurance: If the other driver was driving a rental car, they may have purchased insurance coverage from the rental company. This coverage may come into play and provide you with additional compensation for any injuries that you sustained; and
- Credit Card Rental Insurance: If you were driving a rental car at the time of the accident, some credit card companies offer a form of rental insurance if you used their card to pay for the rental. This coverage differs from company to company, so it is important that you consult your credit card agreement to understand if this insurance is available to you and if so, what it covers. For instance, USAA credit card rental insurance covers physical damage and theft up to $50,000.00 per claim.
In the event of a rental car accident, you may find yourself having to deal with several different insurance companies. Being constantly bombarded with phone calls and mail can be exhausting and overwhelming—especially if you were never involved in a car accident before. However, having a highly experienced top Buffalo, New York personal injury attorney like Jed Dietrich, Esq. on your side can benefit you immensely. Often, insurance companies try to get you to settle for as little as possible. Once you settle and sign the release, you will not be able to renegotiate for more money to cover your injuries and expenses. Having an aggressive and tenacious lawyer on your side can ensure that you receive the compensation that you are entitled to.
Jed Dietrich, Esq., President of the Dietrich Law Firm P.C., is recognized as a Best Lawyer of America and a New York Super Lawyer. He has obtained over $150 Million in verdicts and settlements for his clients. Over 33 times insurance companies have paid Jed Dietrich, Esq. and his highly experienced team of rental car accident attorneys in Buffalo, New York $1 Million, or more, on behalf of their clients. We will battle to obtain maximum compensation for you, and there is no fee unless we WIN for you!
WERE YOU INJURED IN A RENTAL CAR ACCIDENT IN BUFFALO, NIAGARA FALLS, ROCHESTER OR ANOTHER PART OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED BUFFALO, NEW YORK PERSONAL INJURY TEAM AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
If you were injured in an accident with a rental car that was not your fault, you may be eligible for monetary compensation from the driver that hit you or the rental car company, or a combination of the two.
- If your rental car accident was a result of another driver’s negligence, you can file a personal injury claim and seek damages. The at-fault party’s insurance company may be responsible to pay you for the injuries that you sustained. You may be eligible for compensation for your related medical bills and expenses, lost wages from any time you missed from work as a result, and your resulting pain and suffering.
- In some cases, the rental car company could be held liable for the accident and the damages caused. In order to hold the rental car company accountable, you need to prove that the accident was caused as a result of a defect in the vehicle and that the rental car company was aware, or through careful maintenance and inspection of the vehicle, should have been aware of the defect, but failed to fix it. Establishing these elements will allow you to seek compensation from the rental car company for your pain and suffering and the financial losses you suffered as a result of the accident.
However, claims for personal injuries are time sensitive, so you must act fast. Missed deadlines can result in a loss of your ability to file a claim for compensation. Contact an experienced Buffalo, New York personal injury lawyer, Jed Dietrich, Esq., today at 716-839-3939 to ensure that your rights are protected.
If you were injured by a driver in a rental car through no fault of your own, contact our team of Buffalo, New York rental car accident attorneys at the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. for a free consultation. We are happy to answer your questions and provide you with the legal advice and guidance you need.
WERE YOU INJURED IN A RENTAL CAR ACCIDENT CAUSED BY SOMEONE ELSE'S NEGLIGENCE IN BUFFALO, ROCHESTER, NIAGARA FALLS OR OTHER PARTS OF NEW YORK STATE?
CALL JED DIETRICH, ESQ. AND HIS TOP RATED AND HIGHLY EXPERIENCED TEAM OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK SERIOUS INJURY ATTORNEYS AT 716-839-3939 NOW TO OBTAIN THE HELP THAT YOU NEED!
Call the Dietrich Law Firm P.C. immediately at 716-839-3939 so that our aggressive, tenacious and hardworking personal injury lawyers can fight to obtain the best result for your personal injury claim in Buffalo, New York. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and there is never a fee until we WIN for you!